Reviews for The Last Gift
GentleMidnightSnow chapter 28 . 12/21/2010
Loki...loki... now where have I heard that? Ahh, yes! Loki, the norse god of fire, tactics, and pranks. Am I close? An nice HarrySeverus bonding. Nicely done.
ERL chapter 50 . 12/10/2010
wonderful! absolutely marvelous! it went in a completely different direction than i expected but i am pleasently surprised. keep writing! :)
Lexi0521 chapter 50 . 12/4/2010
I just recently found your story under a list of "Favorite Stories" from another author and have been reading it non-stop for three days. It is such a wonderful and rich story. It answers a lot of "what if"s. Your story is heartfelt and definitely fulfills the "description" you provided for the type of story.

I look forward to seeing how this story progresses!
Very Small Prophet chapter 29 . 12/3/2010
Blasting trees, vanishing bits of forest… Harry is certainly doing his best to reduce the value of Snape’s property.
Very Small Prophet chapter 28 . 12/3/2010
All the Slytherin students are Voldemort sympathizers? All sixty or seventy of them without exception? Including the half-bloods? Including the purebloods from non-wealthy, non-influential, non-Death Eater families? Every single one down to the eleven-year-olds who have been Slytherins for two days?

I suppose when the other three Houses are against you without exception, and staff members (Hagrid) lie and say that there wasn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't from Slytherin (Wormtail?), and the Headmaster cares only for his Golden Gryffies, and the only teacher who looks out for your interests is universally decried as unfair because of it... Then you might as well have the game along with the name, and settle for being evil.
Dragonjek chapter 50 . 12/2/2010
English isn't your first language? Wow-I honestly wouldn't be able to tell from this. Really, this is a marvelously written story, and I'm glad to have read it. I hope my own stories do as well one day.
Meggplant chapter 50 . 11/30/2010
wow! such an intricate tying in of themes, and blame, and following the Horcrux trails... i love it! can't wait to see more of Harry and Severus together... :)

glad to see another chapter, and that RL hasn't completely swamped you guys - i love this fic, and i can't wait for more!

cheers,

xoxox

crokhunters
supergirl3684 chapter 50 . 11/29/2010
that was wonderful! Sad about the Black family!
angeleye68 chapter 50 . 11/29/2010
Oh my goodness, you have done it again. This was an amazing chapter. From the discussion between Severus and Draco, to the finding of Regulus protrait, you have added more and more layers to your story. I feel bad for Draco, he is a product of his upbringing and even though he spoke out against he still loves his family and does not want to lose them. He, just like Harry, are children caught in adult issues. My heart goes out to the both of them.

I also think that the ending of this chapter was so sad that I had tears in my eyes: "And it was in watching this dejected ghost who was really no more than a shadow of himself, it was in thinking of that long line of sullen, despairing portraits, that Severus realized: The house of Black had been extinguished this time. Extinguished and cursed, buried with all its secrets, large and small, shameful and noble, those little secrets that had killed this family as surely as a Black family was finished, and no shadow could do anything anymore to change the fact of that now." Very profound but also very sad.

Thanks for the wonderful update. I look forward to your next update.
bluegreensmoke chapter 50 . 11/28/2010
Thanks for updating. This was a good chapter that advanced the story line for destroying Voldemort.
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 50 . 11/28/2010
Quite a few Blacks in the chapter. It would be intersting to live on in a way through a portrait. Keep up the good work!

~Estel
Very Small Prophet chapter 12 . 11/28/2010
I know the story is already written so this isn’t actually a suggestion, but I can imagine one obvious way for Snape to regain his position with Voldemort. Like any double agent, he needs to provide some genuine useful information, namely the fact that Harry Potter is now an Animagus. And that his Animagus form is a stag, like his father. No one is ever going to look for a stag curled up in front of the fire in Snape’s potions lab, nor will anyone searching for a stag suspect a stray cat.

Lucius: Adopting strays, Severus?

Severus (shrugging): Actually, it adopted me, but it isn’t annoying so I allow it to stay. Do you have anything important to discuss?
That One Rabid Fangirl chapter 50 . 11/28/2010
I loved it! And I especially loved Severus! Please update soon! :)
Very Small Prophet chapter 8 . 11/28/2010
Why does Snape have a manor in Surrey named after his father the Muggle mill worker instead of a dingy terrace house somewhere in the vicinity of Manchester? If the French version of this story was written before Half-Blood Prince, why are there references to Severus's friendship with Lily, which was revealed only in Deathly Hallows?
attyfan chapter 50 . 11/28/2010
So glad that Regulus is finally getting some of the credit actually due to him! Thank you for updating.
1,401 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »