Reviews for Pianos and Sugar Cookies
jojophill007 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
i love this ! this story really made me cry ! T.T ... u amazing !
S.RAYN chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Awww, this was such a great story and your author's note at the end..
Von von chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
This story is amazing and I'm really glad I took the time to search through the older fics.

Like you said, somethings don't require words to be understood. In the same way, I hope you understand how much this story touches me, even while I'm not sure how to express it.
FlyingTackle chapter 1 . 2/12/2009

That was very touching-no sarcasm intended.

I feel totally inspired to write something now.
infinitedestiny chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I don't think I've ever read a fic quite like that before. It pulls at my heart and I actually did cry a few times.

I guess a few ways it pulled at my heart was because I was the novelist, the Sora, and someone I love so dearly was my musician, my muse, my Riku, and I lost them.

And the other being that my grandfather died from pancreatic cancer 3 or 4 years back.

This was absolutely beautiful, an absolute instant favorite.

Thank you for writing this very much. :)
X-Sparker chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
This is beautiful.
jessysaurus chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
That was absolutely marvolous. Really. I haven't read a story quite like this before.

Throughout the whole thing, I kept wondering why Sora's family had had it so rough, and what had happened. I nearly cried when I found out that it was cancer. The whole story felt so real, like it could actually happen to anyone. You captured the characters wonderfully.

I also thought that it would have an unhappy ending, for some reason. But, I was gladly surprised when Sora and Riku had each other at the end, and they were all the other need.

And now I shall end this horrendously long review here. Great job.
Fail the real squid chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
This is amazing.

I love any story that doesn't stamp Sora's forehead with the words 'HAPPY & HYPER', but this one was especially good.

Anyways, loved it.

Keep it up.

All the best.
Erity chapter 1 . 4/7/2008

Thank you. This was all kinds of lovely. I didn't actually cry, but I almost did. (Which I think is saying a lot, with my super-stumped emotion scale)

I guess to understand why this little story meant so much to me requires a little bit of back story, so bear with me.

I absolutely love music. I've taken my share of lessons for different instruments outside of school, and I am certainly as involved as I can be in school. music holds a special spot in my heart. Secondly, my own mother was recently diagnosed with cancer. You managed mix this somehow, and it now holds emotional value for me.

(And I think your name is Emily, or your middle name is, or something, but my name is Emily too!)

So thank you, dearie.
vamprincessmiyu chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
That was really cute! I nearly cried...
Aki Kochou chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Thank you so much. This is a beautiful story.

My father died of stomach cancer when I was seven and my grandfather just died of a lung tumor on my most recent birthday.

Thanks again so much! *hearts Riku/Sora*
Radev E. Elocin chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
i feel like crying. this is so deep. its so amazing. truly your best work.
fullmetalguitar chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Thank you so much for writing this. Just. Gah. Thank you.
Eternamente chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Beautiful story... I loved every bit of it. The beginning was very intrigueing with an air of mystery, and I liked how you quickly explained what the mystery was... it flowed very nicely.

I lost my grandfather to cancer some years ago... skin cancer, I believe. My mother also had a cyst that was fortunately removed before it became more than that... she was lucky enough for them to have caught that early enough. So, indeed, thank you for dedicating this story also to those who either have suffered or are suffering cancer. My heart goes out to them.
Shoteharu chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Beautiful, simply beautiful. Nicely done with letting reader first guess what had happened before explaining.

Sometimes world isn't fair. Diseases always come without warning and to them who don't deserve them. Heck, no one deserves it. That's why I hate when my friends complain about have too much homework and that they're go commit suicide, never meaning it.

That's for the rambling. You have great talent of writing. Please keep writing and letting us read.