Reviews for Learning to Love
You're probably not writing fanfiction anymore as this story is quite old, but if you do happen to read this review and are still writing, I'd like to just give some advice:

Less is more.

Your prose is very, very jumbled and convoluted in many areas. You try to add far too much detail into many scenes that, honestly, do not require it and it can make this very tedious to read. Cut out the fluff, try to use less words to convey your overall meaning and allow the story to breathe and flow. As is, this story is practically suffocating under its heavy, nearly incoherent prose. It's rather obvious you wrote down whatever came to mind, and didn't really ever go back to try to rewrite any parts of the chapters.

Rewriting is the key to good writing.

Also, it's never considered good writing to switch between character POVs within the same chapter. Have obvious breaks to let the reader know when the POV has changed (usually no more than once a chapter should you change POVs, and honestly even that is too much). It is better to switch POV by chapter, if POVs must be switched at all.

But again, this story is quite old and you may never actually read this review anyway. I wish you luck with all your future writing endeavors.
AkaDeca chapter 25 . 6/13
This whole thing was beautiful. And that's a lot coming from me as I'm a guy... THIS WAS SO LIT!
Tivalicious chapter 25 . 5/30
This is by far my favourite rendition of the Beauty and the Beast classic! I would much rather see your characters appear on the big screen.
ThisMadeMeSmile chapter 25 . 4/30
This has been such a satisfying read! And to be honest, I forgot this was fanfiction. You've made it your own story. I love how you added more flavor to the characters especially Alix. I love how you developed the relationship between Alix and Ger. I love how you made the story more detailed and more comprehensive. I love how you have made it more modern. And as far as fanfictions go, this is has been surprising worthy of praise. That sounded condescending but I did not mean it that way. This was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. :)
Judgement chapter 1 . 3/25
Well I was just wandering around the internet and I found this. Great story (I'm loving the gender-bend). While I am aware this is an old story I hope with the arrival of the live action version this story get read more!
gisela19wwe chapter 7 . 3/15
Awesome history !
gisela19wwe chapter 2 . 3/13
I love your story so far
MajorBrony95 chapter 1 . 2/26
An answer to why Beast couldn't read: perhaps his father and/or mother was far to busy to teach him and the tutors that were hired used mean and harsh methods (in contrast to Belle's kind and patient way.) Beast could also have a learning disability which, at the time, was practically unknown. He struggled and tried, but kept getting frustrated and possibly lashed out in his anger. Eventually, both he and the tutors gave up and the servants weren't going to give it a try for fear of angering him more.
Mandi chapter 10 . 1/16
Honestly, a lot of these changes don't seem to be because of the characters being genderbent, but because they're completely different people, Alix and Ger especially. I still love Chip though, he's so adorable!
Mandi chapter 9 . 1/16
I'm a bit confused on why Alix seems worse than the Beast, in regards to her behavior of the servants. She seems to look down on them as inferior, which I don't think the Beast really did. However, I did like Chip! He's so sweet and adorable!
Mandi chapter 7 . 1/15
I liked Ger's bargaining with Alix for his father's life. However, I am a bit iffy on Alix's more violent thoughts and cruel methods. The Beast was a socially awkward young man who had anger and self esteem issues while Alix seems a bit more cruel. But that may just be me.
Mandi chapter 6 . 1/15
I'm curious about who the first visitor in eight years was, before Maurice. Was it the Enchantress? I really liked how Maurice began befriending the servants, it was really sweet!
Mandi chapter 5 . 1/15
Err, I have to admit, Ger's not exactly a likable protagonist right now. I really hope that this changes as the story goes on, but right now, I find that he is really unlikable with his treatment of the town, and in this chapter, of Genevieve. Belle wasn't outright rude or thought herself better than the townspeople, but that's the impression I'm getting from Ger. Honestly, between Ger and Alexandrina, Ger's the one who fits the characteristics of the Beast right now. I'm really hoping that this changes through the story.

I did enjoy Maurice's absent-mindedness. It was amusing and seemed quite in character for him!
Mandi chapter 4 . 1/15
I really like Ger and the book seller's friendship! It's awesome. I also really enjoy Genevieve's cunning and plans to make Ger marry her. The only criticism I have right now is that Ger seems to be a little bit of a jerk in some parts, but it's still a great story!
Mandi chapter 3 . 1/15
I have to admit, Ger comes across as a little rude with his opinion of Molyneaux's men's interests and hobbies of hunting and drinking. Just because he doesn't enjoy them doesn't mean they're horrible, unworthy pursuits. However, I do enjoy Genevieve's stubborn pursuit of Ger and I think it's quite humorous!