Reviews for Learning to Love
gisela19wwe chapter 7 . 3/15
Awesome history !
gisela19wwe chapter 2 . 3/13
I love your story so far
MajorBrony95 chapter 1 . 2/26
An answer to why Beast couldn't read: perhaps his father and/or mother was far to busy to teach him and the tutors that were hired used mean and harsh methods (in contrast to Belle's kind and patient way.) Beast could also have a learning disability which, at the time, was practically unknown. He struggled and tried, but kept getting frustrated and possibly lashed out in his anger. Eventually, both he and the tutors gave up and the servants weren't going to give it a try for fear of angering him more.
Mandi chapter 10 . 1/16
Honestly, a lot of these changes don't seem to be because of the characters being genderbent, but because they're completely different people, Alix and Ger especially. I still love Chip though, he's so adorable!
Mandi chapter 9 . 1/16
I'm a bit confused on why Alix seems worse than the Beast, in regards to her behavior of the servants. She seems to look down on them as inferior, which I don't think the Beast really did. However, I did like Chip! He's so sweet and adorable!
Mandi chapter 7 . 1/15
I liked Ger's bargaining with Alix for his father's life. However, I am a bit iffy on Alix's more violent thoughts and cruel methods. The Beast was a socially awkward young man who had anger and self esteem issues while Alix seems a bit more cruel. But that may just be me.
Mandi chapter 6 . 1/15
I'm curious about who the first visitor in eight years was, before Maurice. Was it the Enchantress? I really liked how Maurice began befriending the servants, it was really sweet!
Mandi chapter 5 . 1/15
Err, I have to admit, Ger's not exactly a likable protagonist right now. I really hope that this changes as the story goes on, but right now, I find that he is really unlikable with his treatment of the town, and in this chapter, of Genevieve. Belle wasn't outright rude or thought herself better than the townspeople, but that's the impression I'm getting from Ger. Honestly, between Ger and Alexandrina, Ger's the one who fits the characteristics of the Beast right now. I'm really hoping that this changes through the story.

I did enjoy Maurice's absent-mindedness. It was amusing and seemed quite in character for him!
Mandi chapter 4 . 1/15
I really like Ger and the book seller's friendship! It's awesome. I also really enjoy Genevieve's cunning and plans to make Ger marry her. The only criticism I have right now is that Ger seems to be a little bit of a jerk in some parts, but it's still a great story!
Mandi chapter 3 . 1/15
I have to admit, Ger comes across as a little rude with his opinion of Molyneaux's men's interests and hobbies of hunting and drinking. Just because he doesn't enjoy them doesn't mean they're horrible, unworthy pursuits. However, I do enjoy Genevieve's stubborn pursuit of Ger and I think it's quite humorous!
Mandi chapter 2 . 1/15
Ooh, a mystery about Ger and Maurice's pasts! I can't wait to see how that unfolds. I love the genderbending twist on Gaston's character. It's very neat and I feel like it makes sense. No worries about the author's notes, I tend to babble on forever in mine, ha ha.
Mandi chapter 1 . 1/15
Sorry that I can't log in to give you a review under my username (BeautifulHalfBlood), so hopefully a guest review will be alright! This seems really interesting and unique! I haven't read many Beauty and the Beast fanfictions before, but I am really enjoying this one so far.

I love how you use the prologue from the movie as an outline and go into more detail about Alexandrina's past and how she reacts during the prologue. It's very cool and it adds a lot of character depth right off the bat for the story. I also love her name and nickname! I don't know why, I just love both of them.
R chapter 25 . 1/10
We are in 2017 and I don't even know if you will read this, but I would like to thank you and congrat you for this amazing work. It was a pleasure to read such an awesome story, I truly enjoyed this. Hope you can succeed in anything you want to!
My best wishes,
Rafa
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 25 . 11/21/2016
This story is beautiful. A delightful read from start to finish.
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 19 . 11/17/2016
This is excellent! I loved how Genevieve played the crowds, and the fact that she was careful not to promise any one price of loot to the same person. It's so much simpler when your people aren't fighting each other when they should be helping you, after all.

D'Arque's character is quite alarming. It was interesting to see his perspective on his interactions with Genevieve, and the power dynamics of that scenario.

The dialogue and motivation here is excellent, and the action flows very smoothly.

This is a fantastic story, and I am greatly enjoying it.