Reviews for Distorted Reality
T D'Amaze chapter 34 . 4/21
I'm not even sure what to say. I knew from the beginning that the story was discontinued but I paved on anyways. AU time traveling stories or however you would describe it have always been a favorite of mine. I never thought I would become so attached to it though. I'm not as heavily invested in fanfiction as I used to be but I could hardly stop reading even as I tried to pace myself knowing it would end abruptly. Despite my complete awareness that it would happen getting to this AN is almost heartbreaking. There's so much left to discover, so much adventure remaining and it's all laid out in a single 'chapter' that I'd rather not even read. I could force myself to satisfy my curiosity but Id hate doing it. I'd much rather hope that one day you find the passion for the story and continue where you left off.

You truly did make a one of a kind story and while you didn't create the characters you made them your own. I've never read a story were Azula was my favorite character before but you did such a fantastic job crafting a new personality while keeping in touch with who she could have been. It makes her beautifully well rounded and I really wanted to see how she developed.

Obviously on the flip side, Katara is also interesting and fills her role well as the Water Princess. I would have liked to see her allegiances tested atleast once before it ended. She still seems to have a thing for family however much she hides it behind her superiority and with both her grandma and Sokka on the avatars side would she continue to fight against them. It's fun to wonder.

Aangs more cynical and mature nature was a refreshing change from the normal. Although It was nice to see the 'more innocent spirit Aang begin to show though. It was almost frustrating reading when he was totally closed off. When he finally opened up to Azula it was like I finally got my wish. I knew what had to be said to her since the beginning and when it finally happened it made for a great moment. About the biggest reason I'd even want to read your summary is to see if they ended up being together in the end. Never thought about them before because normal Azula is kinda batshit crazy but they go well together in your story.

All in all I could go on forever about what I liked or wanted to happen. The story was really just starting to deviate from the original and opening up so many doors. I know it may be incredibly futile but I really do hope you decide to continue this masterpiece. Stories such as this are a rarity upon fanfiction. I see you've started writing again up on here so that gives me a sliver of hope even if you left this story a half decade ago. I'm sure tons of people would love to see it continued even if they already read your notes next chapter. But enough of that. Despite the fact it may never be finished I'm so glad I read it. It was worth every word. Thanks for writing such a great story and good luck with all your future projects. Xx
I would love to see how this ends
SatoshiKyu chapter 6 . 10/9/2014
Azula is still deceitful little thing, very good to see! So much has changed, but at least there's that one constant.
SatoshiKyu chapter 3 . 10/9/2014
Nevermind, apparently the bending did switch hands. Dunno how I missed that.
SatoshiKyu chapter 2 . 10/9/2014
'Kay so the whole thing about Azula not being trained doesn't make any sense, unless you've suddenly made Ozai not be a firebender. I would assume this whole switch thing doesn't go so far as to effect individuals and their ability to bend, but I suppose I'll just have to read on to find out.
Guest chapter 35 . 8/30/2014
Such a shame this was never finished. The second half of this sounds awesome-especially the concept of the worlds merging and the different versions of characters.

The story itself takes a while to get going. At first I thought this was just going to be exactly the same as canon but with the names changed. I was wrong-it's actually very original. The story really hits its stride in Book 2 when the big changes start happening.
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
Lol. teeny Aang in the telescope jumping - boing, boing, boing... xD
Guest chapter 35 . 8/8/2014
Guest chapter 13 . 8/7/2014
Why isn't Katara the Painted Lady?
ICTOAN chapter 31 . 7/30/2014
Finished this. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Fantastic writing for such a young person. Please, keep it up! Don't ever stop writing. Maybe someday I'll be reading one of your books in a store. I'll check your other writing, I look forward to seeing how you'll improve.

Oh, and you might come back to ff someday. It takes some time, one day you'll wake up and be so stressed by work, or marriage, or life in general. And you'll go, " you know what I used to like? Dbz, or avatar, or some other thing. I think I'll go check it out."

I dunno, it happened to me. Haha
Guest chapter 5 . 7/29/2014
Is Zuko going to be the blue spirit like Katara was the painted lady?
tsukinopen chapter 2 . 6/29/2014
no way hahaha!
Tezi the Waterbender chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
the sad thing is that it's easier for me to imagine the water tribe kids evil than azula sane like this. Avatar is great about making their characters complex and all, but while I always felt bad for Azula, I could never imagine her as a normal human being.
NX-Loveless-XN chapter 2 . 2/27/2014
Hmmm. It would make more sense if katana was chasing the Avatar with her brother because she can actually waterbend. And it it would be better if Zuko and Iroh could bend too. Iroh could have lost his arm and that is why he isn't as powerful as he was in the canon. That way the characters stay the same biologically while behaving differently due to environment.
TigerStriper chapter 35 . 8/23/2013
Ok so I just wanted to say that I am so pleased that you wrote this summary. I have read so many fics where the author just got up and quit and while I understand that everyone has their own life and reasons, it is so frustrating. I wish everyone would do this (after just finishing the story) and I'm actually really pleased with the pairings. I liked the idea of SokkaAzula, it was sort of like a DR parallel to Zutara which pacified my Zutara crave. Since it just didn't seem like a possibility or a good idea in the context of the story. Also I thought DR Katara dying was good, just because I didn't really want her becoming good, it would have messed with the parallel of the story. I sort of wished Zuko would have ended with Suki, hear me out, I really like the idea of him falling for the enemy and vice versa. Plus she's such a strong willed female character I thought it would make a good match. Overall it was one of the most worth while fics I've read in a while and brought back awesome memories from the show (which I tried to imagine with the characters reversed) I'm still not a fan of all the jokes Zuko made but it didn't really effect the story overal . And it wasn't revolved around romance which I is hard to find these days. So anyways I don't know if you still read your reviews but this is my final analysis on your story.
1,272 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »