Reviews for Lines
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 3/6
Right on the money! Explains so succinctly the way they relate to him as a leader. I would add that despite his lack of respect for the line - Raph is acutely AWARE of it. Without it being there, he'd be lost. (Even though be willfully ignores it when it pleases him.) He doesn't obey it - but it's like a landmark for he can find his way back from the scary edges and dark corners.
AlexHamato chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Very deep for something so short. I'll try to sum up what my oh-so-tired brain has just read. It's One O'Clock in the morning, don't judge!

Great. Now I just have an image of Leo drawing a line in sand and his brothers just making a game out of it. Heh heh heh. But really, you did well in nailing each individual turtle's personality. Ugh, that sounds so lame. I know I can do better. Wait, let me get some Mountain Dew...

If I think of the line as a boundary of life, this is what I come up with.

Donatello has been written as a pacifist in Canon and this is a good example. Perhaps Don chooses not to cross because he's smart enough to know the consequences or maybe it's because he's just too lazy and doesn't wish to fight. He is a thinker. He plans all of his moves and he's constantly thinking of everything around him. It's just second-nature to him with that big 'ole head of his. I actually do believe that after he believes he has completed enough of his research, he will cross that line. And by 'research' I mean life and that the line is death, yada-ya. That sort of thing.

Michelangelo is a lover of life in general. I see him as a dude who just lives life to the fullest in any way possible. He will do whatever he wants to that life but there are certain parts that he will not cross. Mainly ethnic issues and tainting that love for life that he has. I don't see Mikey as living with many regrets. And that is because he DOESN'T cross the line.

Raphael is the crosser. He is the darkest shade of grey of the family. He is the one who has probably committed the darkest acts, and he has a self-loathing that his brothers will find hard to understand, if they ever do at all. For all of this darkness, it brings also a fearlessness. Raph WILL do the dirty work if that's what has to be done. He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Whether that be to beat some goons to a pulp, defend his family, or kill those who harm his family. His determination means that there IS no line that he will not cross.

Leonardo is the drawer of the line. He is the centerfold and structure of what his brothers look up too. He's not the leader because he's the 'oldest'. He's the leader because he's the most responsible, level-headed, selfless, mature, and morally-sound of the brothers. Even though he draws lines for them to follow, even though he tells them NOT to cross, he can't control them. They are still their own individuals and he is there only to help and guide them. He cannot control them. His fight in life, is to learn that it is not about drawing the line, it is about wiping the slate clean when the line is tarnished. To begin anew. Forgive and move on. You know what I mean.

So yeah, what I gathered from your Drabble. Very well done, by the way. I am once again impressed. I wanted to do a bunch of really deep and serious Drabbles when I first started writing, I ended up screwing that up so I just write random ones now. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! But seriously, I would like to read more of these if you have any stored in your head.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Ah, a very introspective piece on Leo. I really like it a lot. Great job.

The Bubbly One,

tFantasyFan chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I do so love drabbles. LOVE the symbolism. Beautifully written! Those last two lines? LOVED them.
Danaa chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Hum, nice. _

But I'm left wondering what's on the other side of the line.

Could you tell me? Please?

It could be his personality. But I do believe that he would be open enough with his brothers about that to not need a line.

It could be his private thoughts and emotions but that would make Mikey and Raph seem somewhat bad. Then Mikey would be making fun of his privacy and feelings(even thou he is not touching what's on the other side). While Raph would be totally ignoring his feelings and be walking all over him, hurting him in the process.

So what is it?
kIrEigIrL chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Oh, I know, I know! It's a game! That's the first thing that came into my head. Haha. Anywho, nice... um, is this considered a fic? Hehe. Still, it was fun reading it ;D
Winnychan chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
I love it. To pieces even. Every word!

princessebee chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
this is really very good and I liked it, but you kinda lost me at the end. I'm sure Leo occasionally wonders why he bothers when he's in a funk, but overall he will always persist, always begin again, always try. I actually think the impact of the story would be more powerful if you remove the line 'I wonder why I bother' and just leave it with 'I draw a line in the dust'. It would really hit home to the reader that this process is continuous, and further more, that Leo will continue to persist with it, whatever the obstacles.

Otherwise, I REALLY liked this. Short and simple but oh so eloquent and really 'snap-shot' the characters in a very real and believable way. Good economic use of narrative, and a rising atmosphere.
misseditallagain chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Very nice Dis! It's very insightful as to the inner workings of the brothers. _ I love it!
Tori Angeli chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Hey, nice! This was really good! Very good insight into the characters, very accurate, very much in Leo's voice...great job all around! Only one typo I noticed:

"He stares beyond it, ponders what lays there, makes theories."

Replace "lays" with "lies" and you got it. Awesome job! :)
RealityBreakGirl chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Oh, very interesting, Dis. I like it. I like the symbolism in it, and I like how simple it is. It's thought provoking. You can take it as it is, and you can go deeper. Great Job, Dis! I really like it!

SilverSmile chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Hmm… an interesting concept to think about.

Good job of connecting their different personalities with Leo’s simple line.

Could have had more in-depth exploration and reasoning behind their motives when dealing with the line. But surprisingly the simplicity of the story gives it a better effect… I feel anyway.

Keep up the writing and good job!
lost-katana chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
I rather liked this, despite the shortness. It was sort of poetic, kinda neat.

Good job!