Reviews for How to Write a Movie Parody
alana chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
how you going to laugh in our face? yah think twice boo.
Smokescreen2814 chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
I thank kind sir or madame. I wish I could to this sooner. I'm gonna make my own parody of the Avengers
Omegagoldfish chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Thank you so much I learned a lot about making a Movie parody, and writing in general.
Although you DID miss one point, you forgot to say that there is a clear distinction between good and evil and that the bad guy is always a monster who just wants to be evil.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
You've addressed my one major problem with "movie remakes"named parodies.

You're the first one I've seen do it.

;_; my idol.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
o
Merumeru chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
The hilarious part is that, contrary to Step 1, now there are TONS of parodies of films like Saw or Final Destination, albeit with happy endings where the villain is killed and the survivors suffer no lasting trauma whatsoever (barring the occasional sequel hook). Or maybe that's just my fandom that does that. But my fandom happens to be Super Mario Bros., so it's still pretty silly to read about the ultra-gory murders of Goombas and Toads and monkeys.

At least they're more bold about making heroes into villains, even though they usually don't go for a meaningful motivation and just go the "she's EVIL and CRAZY and SADISTIC, what more do you need!?" route. Maybe there's the token "wants to rule/destroy the world" in there. Actually, I take that back, most slasher fic writers in that fandom are quite terrible at writing villains, and I'm pretty sure they just pick a name out of a hat, slap some hubris and sadism on that person, and call it a day.

But yeah, you make some good points. Years ago I wanted to write a parody of a webseries (There She Is!), but I made the characters bend over backwards to fit into their roles, and only after reading it over did I realize how OOC everyone was. It got so bad that I couldn't salvage the story without rewriting the whole thing, so I just scrapped the idea entirely. Probably one of the best writing decisions I've ever made.

I'm not sure what else I wanted to say about this guide. Good advice!
Im so sorry
Guest chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Type your review here...
gtft chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
im sorry i didnt mean to say that
this was awesome thx
gtft chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Im so sorry i didnt mean to say that
this was awesome thx
i hatee you
Prince Lutin chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
LOL this is great! I think this very informative for any sucker who would write a lame movie parody fic.

A lot of those parodies aren't even funny. It gets so tiring having to read a Disney-based plot. There's stuff other than Disney. I mean, heaven forbid I want to write a parody based on Precious or My Big Fat Greek Wedding, it wouldn't sell as well as a Lion King parody.
Night-Waker chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Oh gosh... this is so true! XD Every writer new to Cartoon X-overs needs to read this!

I completely agree with the "copying the script" thing. Not only is it, like you said, unoriginal but if it's a parody of something I've seen already like say... "Aladdin," or like you used, "The Lion King," it also makes the story boring. :/
Heck, at least with my "A Christmas Carol" parody, I'm putting actual effort into making it original and interesting.

Speaking of "Aladdin" or "The Lion King," this brings me too my next point: Disney movies. Don't get me wrong I love Disney... a lot, but it would be nice seeing something that isn't Disney for once.
Actually, I just wanna read a Cartoon X-Over fic that isn't a parody in general.

A few things you should've mentioned though were cast lists (It completely ruins the point of reading it) and grammar (Do I need to say it?).
Alex chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Barney. im sexy and i know it how to make one
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
YES! YES! This story had to be written, most of the contents of the Cartoon X-overs section are THE HELLSPAWN OF CHRISTIAN WESTON CHANDLER! (actually, he gains points because he is more original... I just said a good about his works... I feel so unclean). Actually there is even more crud in the X-overs section. To tell the truth I'm not unguilty of those errors, but gladly I learned. Again congratulations!