Reviews for TMNT: Shadows
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 1/8
Whoa boy. Fantastic. And still, I feel bad for Raphael. He wants her and its wrong in that she's underage, but he also does love her, which is very real and so, perhaps given some time...the difference would be, the line that is, is whether with time Raphael would still desire her and not turn to another underaged girl, which I don't think he would. Do you see? It would always be Shadow, no matter her age.
Angelic Gargoyle Artemis chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Wow. That was a good story.
Donny's Boy chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I don't think this story would have worked, really worked, unless the pacing was perfect. Fortunately, the pacing was perfect. :) Seriously, though. The slow build-up of tension was fantastic.

I also love that Raph did it. In stories of "the hero tempted" sort, the hero tends to back out at the last possible moment. But I've always found it more believable and more interesting when the protagonist has to grapple with what he actually did ... and not just what he wanted to do. The ending was just wonderfully applied understatement.

Lastly, I really, really loved the parallelism of these sentences:

"'Raphael,' she breathed against his cheek, her blue eyes rolling up in her head as though this were the one thing she had always truly wanted and could never ask for.

And in that gesture he realised it was yet one more thing he’d always wanted and could never ask for."

Thanks for writing this. Makes me want to go read the comic. (And I'm a terrible TMNT fan who, by and large, doesn't like the comics.)
Dierdre chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
*Shuffles in, looking repentant, and lays a review at Tort's feet* Sorry that it took me so long to get to this, chica.

First off, I gotta say that I loved the way you began this fic, with the list of Raph's fantasies. All were excellent glimpses into the psyche of our favorite bad boy, and it was a good way to draw the reader into the tale.

And even though I've never read the comic, I have a feeling I no longer need to, given your richly textured descriptions. The way you described his fantasies being stripped away, and the way he suddenly seemed to be drowning in sensation, made me feel like I was right there with him when it happened. Wow...

The descriptions of the succubae -youthful innocence clouded by a dangerous whiff of sex- was simultaneously erotic and creepy as hell. A great mix, there.

Loved this sentence to pieces: "A part of him, a small, curled up nit in the furthest reaches of his mind knew it was all an illusion; that they weren’t girls at all but some sort of magical creatures who’s designs on him were probably of the culinary kind..." Well written and very clever!

The depictions of Shadow were great, and they made it easy to see why she was his ultimate choice. It is our secret desires that define us, and although his attraction would be considered deviant by most, it is also very human. For lack of a better word, anyway. _;;

I giggled at Raph's remembrances of her as a baby. 'Stupidly cute' indeed...

They're subtle, but I appreciated the references to Amber in this fic. Viva la Amber! Viva!

There is something that I find to be pretty universal with your fics: the endings kick ass. I loved the false Shadow's transformation from 'sweet young thing' to 'predator intent on devouring Raph's essence,' as well as the real Shadow's rescue and subsequent questions regarding the incident. "He did not tell her' was the perfect way to end this fic, methinks.

Brava, chica! Your stories never fail to delight. _