Reviews for TMNT: Until Yesterday Is Here
MsMarvelDuckie chapter 4 . 2/28
Wow. These were all so dark and full of despair. And yet, so perfect for the timeline. Loved every bit of this. Mikey's was so heartbreaking, but it made a perverse kind of sense.
SleepingSeeker chapter 4 . 8/10/2014
Yes. Leo fallen into a nihilistic void of despair. Very very nice. Great work on this. Loved it, start to finish!
SleepingSeeker chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
And now this resides in my favorites. No small feat, lemme tell ya. But this, ohho! THIS! Yeah. I like it. Just fine.
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
Fantastic. Chills, baby! Chills! Very realistic. The phantom pain, oh yes, it can be excruciating. The touch of him facing the wall with his childhood superheroes displayed on faded paper, just perfection! Loved this chapter!
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
OH excellent! Wonderful beginning! I love SAINW!

Hey you! I saw your post on Tumblr and didn't realize you were getting back into the fandom. Lemme say WELCOME BACK! I think it's wonderful that you've returned! I, myself, am relatively new to this crazy place, having only started writing and putting up my stuff at the very end of Dec. 2012! But like you, I've been a fan, gee, pretty much since the beginning. I used to write spirals full of homemade comics of TMNT with my little sis, but never considered fanfic until my son brought it up to me after watching the (then) brand new Nick show!

So anyhoo, welcome back and uh, yeah. Fans of dark material? *raises hand* right here. I say bring it! XD
saralinda chapter 4 . 6/14/2008
DAMN. This story is going in my favorites. Excellent imagery-you are so in touch with the characters and know how to put them in touch with their respective settings. And you aren't a bit heavy-handed with it. It is hard to picture Leo falling much lower here. The encounter with Karai was fantastic. A
saralinda chapter 3 . 6/14/2008
"until they were finally died." Should be "dead."

Okay, so here's my idea: you and Donny's Boy do the writing for any upcoming episodes, movies, etc. Please. Please?

Good fanfic is better than double-fudge chocolate ice cream. This story is a freakin' hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top. Damn!
saralinda chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
This is so fantastic. The final paragraphs, the images of the superheroes and of Mikey's den-superb. Tears, over here.
saralinda chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
*loves*

This is based on one of my favorite episodes. I like to give constructive crit, but I have nothing. I loved this segment. I can't wait to read on.
Longing for Leo chapter 4 . 4/28/2008
Seriously awesome story! Probably the best sainw one yet! Keep up the good work and write some more chapters please, cause these are sweet!
Longing for Leo chapter 3 . 4/28/2008
Omg most awesome chapter ever! There aren't enough stories with Raph/Angel and I've always thought they'd make a good match, or at least, she'd be the most likely woman for him. But your Leo/Raph/Angel triangle is BRILLIANT! I absolutely love how you described Raph's need to have this connection w/ Leo. Crazy good insight, totally plausible/believable! Awesome job!
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I've been hesitating to review this one, because I didn't really understand the background of it, whatever part of the Turtles' adventures it's based on. Then I read it again and realised I don't really need to know, the way you wrote it makes all but the most basic background knowledge (i.e., who the Turtles are, who the Foot clan are) unnecessary. The story still makes sense as a standalone, without any background, and I think you've done well to make it so.

The Donnie/April thing was interesting, I got the feeling that he's probably the only thing keeping her human, like he's her backbone - whether or not he knows it, and whether or not he was meaning to be. It spoke of how tragedy can bring people together, and I got the feeling that one of them would truly fall apart if they lost the other.

The Mikey story was really grim, I felt bad for the guy. It's shocking to see the normally happiest of the bunch be so miserable. It was a nice touch that he surrounds himself with colourful objects, like there's still the spark of life inside him somewhere, but at the same time it's a little sad that he has to drug himself into oblivion to try and reach that spark.

Raph and Leo, your love for them shines through again in this one. I love the depth of the triangle they've got going on there, and how Raph feels closer to Leo because of it, even though they haven't seen each other in ages. I could go on about the beauty of their lady friend keeping them linked, but I'm afraid it might turn into gushing, so I won't. Suffice to say, it's always a pleasure to read your interactions between these two, even though they don't interact directly in this case.

Nicely done, lass. I think this would make a good full length story...I understand it was probably already based on an existing, already resolved, full length story (once again, my lack of knowledge shames me), but I would like to read more about this twisted world and where you could take it.
Dierdre chapter 4 . 12/21/2007
*Sighs* Leo just barely edges out Raph as my favorite character, and it's such a treat to see him written so well. The emotional nadir of his thoughts was a painful thing to read, but oh, it was so perfectly executed.

The way he refuses to dwell on the past, not only because it would solve none of his current problems, but because he regards it as POINTLESS, tells us a great deal about how much he's changed. I love how he plays the lone wolf, refusing to lead or be led, but still takes the time to watch the sun rise and set with April. It says a lot about how much he still cares for her, even as shattered and reduced as they both are. Brilliant stuff there, chica.

I adored the interaction between Karai and Leo, as short as it was. Their strange, resentful fascination with each other was one of the more interesting aspects of the cartoon, and this seems perfectly in keeping with what their relationship might be like in the future, after three decades of fermented frustration. Brava!

And I'm also strangely pleased that it wasn't Splinter's death that broke him. Leo's love for his father is deep, and he would suffer greatly after his death, but would the loss destroy him utterly, as some people have written? No, I don't think so. But to lose a BROTHER... yeah, that might do it. And not simply to have lost him, but to have failed him utterly, as Leo seems to believe. After all, why else would Donny leave of his own volition, as the last sentence implied? Poor, poor Leo...

*Cheers wildly* Exquisitely well done, chica! Each chapter was a treat to visually devour. _
Dierdre chapter 3 . 12/21/2007
*Whistles* These chapters just kept getting more and more intense! Not that I'm complaining, though, since I enjoyed every word. _

I loved the interaction between Raph and Angel here, with Raph's brusque caring and Angel's quiet acceptance of his nature. There's whole layers of history here that we don't see, but resonances of it can be clearly heard in their dialogue.

I thought it was a nice touch that Raph no longer cared about the taste of his food; instead eating mechanically, and only for the nourishment it provided. It's a simple paragraph, but it speaks volumes about just how far they've fallen. Same thing goes with the mention of lice. *Shivers*

Those were absolutely beautiful (and tragic) descriptions of the burns on Angel's right side. It was striking and refreshingly realistic, and it was obvious that you did your homework regarding the way such scars look.

Goodness, I got literal chills when you wrote about Angel's torture and how 'he killed them slowly.' Just more proof that you do not mess with Raph or those he cares about.

And the idea that he willingly shares Angel with Leonardo, because the smell of him on her skin lets him know that his brother is still alive... and that that aroma is all he has left of him... oh, God. It's so exquisitely poignant. Beautiful, really.

Brava, chica! On to the next chapter!
Dierdre chapter 2 . 12/21/2007
*Fights off a sudden wave of speechlessness*

So I figured out pretty quickly that this wasn't a Don/April fic after all, but rather a series of semi-independent stories centering around SAINW. Which is just fine with me, 'cause chapter two was so far beyond awesome they're gonna need to invent a new word to describe it.

Seriously, chica, there were so many great things about this chapter; from the vivid descriptions of the phantom pain, to the gut-twisting immediacy of his need, to the mental tour you took us of his 'home.' That last part was especially sad, since it gave us a glimpse of Mikey as he once was. His craving for warmth and color and light, in a place that no longer had any of those things, and the way April would come to comfort him during one of Those Nights... Wow, chica. Just... wow. What a perfect answer to Angeli's conjecture about Mikey and substance abuse.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave for the night, but never fear; I'm not done with you yet! I'm going to read the last two chapters now (because nothing on God's green earth could tear me away from this story), and before I go to bed tomorrow, I'll be sending to more reviews your way. Soumd like a plan? _