Reviews for Nightmare House
My Purple Skies chapter 10 . 4/16/2014
This is, by far, the best A Nightmare on Elm Street fan fic I have read (And I have read many)! You have captured the character of Freddy so well and I can only applaud you. *gives a standing ovation* Bravo! You've got that extremely morbid sense of humor of his down pact!
I can't wait to read your next update (whenever that will be).
SilverHandwriting chapter 10 . 1/28/2014
I never thought I'd find a writer on here with a keen sense of stable, consistent development. You not only have a great focus on your characters, but also use an inspiring structure of ANOES itself. The control you have over your story is enviable, and your grammar is basically flawless.

Freddy Krueger has a real presence here unlike just his exploitation to titillate and create pairings out of. I've been questioning myself over the logic that you have shown in your story. Each of the characters have their own influence and it's easy to believe that the blame is pinned on one person for enabling Freddy to come back and wreak havoc. Lisa wanted to stop all this cover-up, but Donald had bought the house on Elm Street, and Dr. Campbell wanted to do it for everyone's safety.

What is woven within is a harrowing tale of people trying to bury something that was supposed to be buried. Discovering what the real meaning is behind every time Freddy manages to come back, rather than just looking at the surface. It's an affecting read, as we see what happens to the characters themselves. The effort, reason and logic put into this story rivals many of the ANOES films and I wish I came across this earlier.

The design of Freddy himself fits perfectly. I have been looking for his personality that has occurred through a few of the later films (Dream Warriors in particular) that depicts his brutal savagery as well as his mind-fucking, comical self (the scene with Kyle Stark shiveringly reminded me of Greta's similar played out demise in Dream Child - it's a feat in itself to pull that off without it turning embarrassingly bad).

It has been many of these elements that I have found that has been put together in exactly the way it is supposed to be. I am not surprised people love your story - you've thought this through wonderfully! Not many of the stories I read elaborate as much as you do into the places that the films never go.

I hope you continue to write more! This story is getting so captivating, I could spend hours reading your work and never get bored! Also, love the references. Specifically Haddonfield and Langenkamp, it's not easy to put iconic words into your story like that. Considering I saw myself as a fan of your work from the first few chapters, I'm already looking forward to the next one! I, myself, have been painfully looking for this consistency and quality of work for I don't know how long!
sereneflower chapter 10 . 1/20/2014 update! Very nice. I liked how you tied everything together and now I can't wait to see what the figure has in store for everyone.
Darkness Takes Over chapter 10 . 1/10/2014
Yay! You updated! Happy new year to you too!

Loved this chapter, I enjoyed seeing Doc in this chapter even though it was for a short while - and you used Alan Reynolds as his name. :) :)

The scene where all the survivors or well potential victims were around the table was brilliant, I love the scenes like that. Makes it all the more exciting! I am eager to see them going to Crystal Lake. Maybe Jason might make an appearance? I wonder how they all will react when/if Maggie reveals her true identity to them. I hope to see Nancy again too :)

Also, ooh loved the ending - I guess the hooded figure was the 'woman' working with Freddy and the book was what he needs or what she was talking about. It's been ages since I've read the story so my memory of what the premise or their plan is may be a bit sketchy lol.

Great work, glad to see you are back. This is probably the only story I keep an eye out for on here!
CelticChocolateLover chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Glued to the screen for the first chapter. Sitting here wondering what the hell did i just read? I have never read a story that has made me nervous just by reading the first chapter. Awesome!
Sharona1981 chapter 9 . 7/11/2013
I don't think I actually have words here. Honestly, your story is good enough to be a NOES movie-although, considering some of the later sequels, it may be TOO good.

I stayed up till 5am reading this, and was genuinely unsettled and frightened by this story-and I haven't been afraid of Freddy for years. But it's wonderful to see him genuinely dark and scary again.

Your style of writing is fantastic too-accessible but incredibly descriptive. And I CARE about your characters-was genuinely sad when Justin died. Especially since I was kind of rooting for him and Chas to get together.

I hope to read more of this-fantastic work!
ReosAme chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
I am literally FLOORED by your story telling ability! And even better, you are one of the few people here that wrote an actual HORROR genre fic about Freddy, rather than the creepy romances or the silly fluff some people write. You have hammered the plot, characters, and setting of this story together into an impenetrable structure. Definitely novel material! I certainly hope you update soon. But I understand that time is not an easy thing to come by when writing. Take your time with updating - BUT NOT TOO LONG! I'm gonna "need a fix" soon! Lol Bravo, dear author! Happy writing!
sereneflower chapter 9 . 3/15/2013
Ooh, that was creepy. What a horrible nightmare. Enjoying the more frequent updates. Keep it up!
Darkness Takes Over chapter 9 . 3/12/2013
Woo-hoo! Loved this chapter! I honestly thought that Chas was going to get raped/killed, it was a very good twist having Maggie wake her up with that shot of adrenaline!

I am pleased they are all together! Hopefully they'll find out that Freddy has some help! And ohh does Kara's dream suggests that Jason has a part to play in this story? Crystal Lake was mentioned...

Fabulous work as always! Thanks for the shout out!
sereneflower chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
Wow! I can't believe this story updated! This is pretty much the only story I ever come around for anymore. Glad to see you continue it. It's pretty fantastic.
DTO chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
Firstly, this is DarknessTakesOver - apologies for not being signed in.

I thoroughly enjoyed this new update. I like how the OCs are coming together now. Hopefully they'll meet up with Maggie...etc and formulate a plan on kicking Freddy's and the mysterious woman's a** lol!

I have to say that Lisa is very annoying, stupid woman. I will look forward to her death to be honest lol.

I like the dark humour regarding Kyle's death. It was nicely done.

Sorry that this review wasn't as long as my usual ones.

PS - I understand what you mean about authors not updating as much on here - I am one of them that hasn't updated as much or well in a very long time. I just feel that there is too many poorly written fics on here and lack of feedback is also another issue too.

Well, anyway, good luck with your next chapter. Hope to read it soon.

sereneflower chapter 7 . 5/21/2012
Wow! Awesome chapter! I loved the Demon Freddy from Freddy vs. Jason. Nice touch. Everything about this story just rocks. Update soon! I'm really liking these more frequent updates!
Darkness Takes Over chapter 7 . 5/10/2012
Firstly, thanks for the shout out!

Woah, this was a lot to take it. I kind of knew that the 'woman in black' was a witch. I wonder how she got to be in the dream world if she got turned down for the job as she said. Unless, she conjured up a spell to make her spirit go to the dream world after she died. I assume from what I've read is that she summoned the dream demons from hell on the land where 1428 Elm St was built and that the demons or well Freddy is somehow connected to the area/land as that is where they were summoned into our world...etc. Hope you get what I mean.

It was very well thought out! :)

Have to say I would like to give some words of advice to Freddy...'don't trust her too much' lol. As I don't think well in any horror movies that villians work well for each other or with each other, they like to get one over each other. To be the ulitmate villian, to get all the kills! One winner takes it all kind of thing lol. I hope if there is a battle between them that Freddy kicks her butt! Also, just take the whole soul Freddy, be greedy. Never mind what she says! lol

I think that maybe dream walking possession may come into play in this story. If this 'woman in black' wants that book back, they may need to use a person from the real world to get to the graveyard and I think maybe Rory could be the person? Or am I wrong?

I loved the dream sequence with Freddy and Maggie/Kat - I was wanting to shout at Freddy though for being mean to her. Bad daddy! lol Maybe it's just me I was wanting her to join him in Freddys Dead lol. Ah, well gives me the chance to write that myself - have to say this story is slowly but surely giving me motivation to go back to that story I have on here.

Anyways, back to the review. I've never liked Dr Campbell, it was like as though the writers of FVJ wanted him to be like a John Saxon (Donald Thompson) figure from NOES1. So, I'll be glad in a way if he dies lol.

And uh-oh Lisa and Kyle, you stupid fools! Tut, tut! lol

Fabulous update! Looking forward to more!

KroovyRed chapter 6 . 4/12/2012
Normally, I oppose wisecracking Freddy, but this is so well written that I don't mind! I can't wait to read more.
sereneflower chapter 6 . 3/26/2012
This hasn't been updated in a while! Good to see you back, and great chapter! Really grotesque death!