Reviews for Was Blind But Now
thissimplefeeling chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Oh, I really really liked this. Sad and lovely.
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
"As long as they are together, they cannot be touched." And if they are not together? :P Great writing!

V.
TehGlompingKitsune45 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
I couldn't help but review this, your characterization is just so sweet. Seriously, great job.
catlover28 chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
i really like it! the two characters feel so real to me, truly this is a great fic! i wonder if you want to continue it? i'd definitely read it ;)
VictorianLegend chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Very Good :D
VictorianLegend07 chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Really nice , this scene is :D The way it's written is also good in the sense that it had none (or very little) errors :D

Keep it up :D
Alex Prosper chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Oh, this is so sweet and poignant! Achilles' portrayal is beautiful, seen from the eyes of Patroclus.

I agree with Rah-la, though the implications of placing honor over victory - even life is not totally expempt from this wonderful piece; especially when Patroclus thinks his sentiment about growing old with him is untrue ( By the way, I love how you stated that however false those sentiments were - Achilles himself belived them in his passion. Again amazing characterization!) Achilles chose to die for that ultimate honor and glory.

I love this bit: "If Achilles cries, then tears are for the brave," OH, that was just so cool! LOL

This is going in my favs. Hope to see more Homer, or Greek Myth stories from you! You writing is superb.
Lady Taliesin chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I'm reading The Iliad right now, and Patroclus is about to die...This is exactly what I needed :)
oh sweet lily beans chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Wow, this is amazing. I like your style. _

I'll admit it seems there are a few mistakes, and at the first part I was slightly confused, but overall this was really - to repeat myself - amazing. Foreshadowing kills me. Poor boys. :(
Jyra chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Just read this and I loved it! Really well written and just what I needed after re reading my favourite bit of the Illiad again!
The Sleeping Creature chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Whoo! I've been meaning to look for Achilles/Patroclus stuff for a few weeks now- I was directed to your author page from another of your stories, and was DELIGHTED to see you'd written some! Yay.

That said, I love your characterization (spelling?) of both of the heroes- this is beautifully written. I especially liked the little section where you discussed Achilles and how he has been waiting for a war like the Trojan war to come about- very nicely phrased.

Eh, I'm not great at giving constructive reviews- just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading this!

-Nicole
Rah-la chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Gah, the last line is so sad when you know what's coming. TT_TT I love the way you portrayed Achilles. And, just, aw.

There are two things that stand out at me, though. First of all, the dialogue seems a little awkward. I don't know. :-/ Secondly, just a small thing, Patroclus says: "I have never yet dishonored myself; yet I would if I remained behind when you and all other brave men go to fight for Greece." This sticks out at me, mostly because it's been drilled into my head that the Homeric Hero does not fight for country or religion or justice. He fights for HONOR alone. The Greeks didn't really have a concept of "fighting for Greece"... after all, they were just a handful of squabbling city-states, they're not terribly patriotic to Greece as a whole. Each hero in the Trojan war fights for himself, for his own honor. Obviously, the honor is more important than... well, even victory. You can see that in the fact that Achilles stops fighting when his prize of honor has been taken away. Screw Greece, he wants his honor back! :o

At least, that's what I think. There's a really great Ian Johnston lecture on it, I really wish I could find the link. D:

But anyway, don't listen to my rambling. Achilles/Patroclus cuddling instant win, and you write it really well. :D
NorthernTrash-x chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Excellent. Really well written and kept quite in character, under the circumstances. I really liked this :)
Zion-chan chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Wow...wow. This is the first AchillesPatroclus that I have read...and it was excellent! I always thought of them being together...and this fic made me smile. Keep up the great work!
kjxdgsd chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Aw, cute. :) Achilles and Patroclus forever.