Reviews for Her Own Angel
OnFireGeek chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
aw. west is so sweet.
bittersweet dana chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
aw.. i love this fic.. it made me feel all warm inside..
Brooke Borden chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
I'm very happy with your fic. I've read many holiday fics on but this was the best, very good in every way. It was well written and thats the best part; there's nothing worse than a good plot with bad writing, but no, you wrote this very well. The story carried along smoothly, with perfect timing; not rushed, not dragged out, a moderate pace that made the fic easier to read and more enjoyable. The plot itself was very good; this was not like the cheesy holiday fics with no point and nothing but gooey sweetness; this had a point, was very sweet but did not seem as though you had dipped the words in caramel either. I liked teh referances to "Its A Wonderful Life" because it tied into Claire's feeling for West and brought the reader back to the Christmas theme. So...really good work on this.

Now for a fangirling moment.

Now for a pairing-fan moment.

Ryan Brooklyn chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Extremely well done fic! I loved it. Your characterizations were great, and I'm glad there's something out there that touches on the fact that Claire really does miss Zach. The show never showed her ever missing him. He just kinda dropped off the face of the earth (so to speak). I'm glad he still remembers her.

Oh, and West was simply perfect. I can't believe this fic only has 3 reviews, and that there aren't more Claire/West fics around here. Claire/Peter seems to be more popular and it's not even canon!

Anyway, great job. Definite favorite. :-D
hungry neptune chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
I really like this fic. It is really real...when you move away, you don't just forget about everyone and everything from your "old life" and claire's situation would be especially tough. Part of what I wish was in the show is the aftermath of Claire missing Odessa (there was a little of this), Peter mourning for the death of Simone (which there was NONE of), stuff like that... so yeah, i'm really glad that you dealt with that in a realistic way...and I'm glad you didn't make West out to be jealous of Zach, cause even though he has strong feelings for Claire, I don't pin him as the overprotective, jealous type. I agree about what you said though, about how he'd go to the "ends of the earth for her" so yeah, i liked your characterization and plot and stuff...and your writing is really good to! Keep it up :)
PhoenixWeasley chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
aw! that it so sweet! I love it
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
I love, love, love this fic. It's seriously like a nice mug of hot chocolate on a cold day. There's something really warm and rich about this little piece. But it's not fluffy or stupid at all. It's really just perfect.

I like how you incorporate Christmas-y details. The wrapping paper and Christmas movie all really set the mood. It provides a fantastic base for the rest of the action. At the same time, you utilize the Heroes world to make it stand out as something other than a generic Xmas fic. The inclusion of Mr. Muggles makes me laugh, and it provides some great entertainment and adds a lightness to the fic. But it's not stupid or random. It just makes the whole thing feel more honest and real and true to the Heroes universe.

West's gift is really sweet and cute, and I love how it gives Claire some closure. It's not just a random gift given, but something that has a real effect on her. And I like how their powers work two fold here; on the one hand, it's sort of the reason she's so unhappy. But it is, in the end, what gives her some relief over the situation. It adds complexity to the whole fic.

Your characterization is spot on. There's some angst here, but it's not forced or overdone. And truth be told, it makes me like two characters and this ship, even though they're not my cup of tea. Which is really the true testament to your abilities as a writer. So great job. You should be incredibly happy with it.