Reviews for Harry and the Unexpected Christmas
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
An interesting idea! Im curious what the sequel will be about.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
it was agood story thank you
Minerva McGonagall 62 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
An absolutely brilliant story! I loved it! Thank you for sharing it!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
I love this story and can not wait to get to Harry And the Mystery of Age. Please keep up the great work. You are a very good writer. I hope I read more of your stories. God Bless.
writeurlife chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
paragraph one- where you say "professor snape insisted that they had to work together with their partner, which he had assigned..." is should really say "whom he had assigned." which is almost derogatory when speaking about humans. And where you say "moveover," "besides" would probably work btter.

paragraph 6- you say "however" too much. word choice should be mixed up a bit. Either take some of them out or change which word you use.

Okay, I don't know what paragraph anymore because it's getting further along, but somewhere in the middle Poppy says "you cannot give im any more Potions; you can only use Muggle method. In a few hours you can give him a little more of the diluted fever reducing potion once more"... there's a few things wrong with this. First of all, cannot is not a word- there is can not or there is can't. Second of all, potions shouldn't be capitalized- we wouldn't capitalize the word medicine. Third, you say he can't give Harry more potions and then you say he can, which is, like, a counter explanation. I'd say something like "you can't give him any more potions right now, but in a few hours you can give him another diluted fever reducer"... and also, in that last sentance you say "a little more" towards the beginning and "once more" towards the end, which is redundant. Take one of the phrases out- preferably the last one.

"Poppy had returned this morning" isn't in the right tense. It should be "Poppy returned the next morning" or "poppy returned in the morning"...

"No, Harry, you aren't a burden at all," Severus ensured the boy... It should be assured, not ensured

again, later on, you said ensured instead of assured. i assure you, assured is the word you want to be using.
Oxymironic chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I just started this, and as good as it has been so far, I'm appalled that no one has yet to questioned why Harry is calling Severus 'Dada'.
Cwejr chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Great story. What a jolt. Not what I expected. Hope you continue it all the way through Hogwarts.
fifespice chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
aww this was good so nevilles botched potion was a blessing in disguise
rnl1993 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
OMG! This is such a great start and a bloody awesome story idea! I love it!
munchnzoey chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
great story.
Shi chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Wow, that was an interesting take on the well known plots of de-aging and Severitus _ Very nice!

Although I can't believe Dumbledore! Or rather- I can't believe nobody (Severus or any of the other teachers with supposedly functional brains) called him on his bullshit "explanation"!

- Severus had obviously contact with Harry and Lily all the time after birth, even when they were under Fidelius. So DD must have trusted Severus at that time already. That argument is pretty unbelievable and idiotic. especially with Snape living right under DD's nose at Hogwarts so he could easily "supervise" him with Harry if he felt like it!

- DD had no right to make any decisions to distribute Harry with anyone while a parent was still alive and sane and he KNEW IT

- nor had he a right to hold back the memories entrusted to him in good faith for safekeeping only until a certain point specified. He abused the trust placed in him terribly

- then he didn't care to supervise the child’s bringing up at all! So contradicting his oh-so-great concern for Harry's well being and happiness

- while Snape disliked Harry from the beginning he surely WOULDN'T have hated him if DD only told him that Harry was HIS son, not bully!James'. And that Lily in this timeline HADN'T betrayed him as Severus surely thought without his memories! Why would he hate his own previously beloved son with his memories restored? DD could have nipped the aversion between Harry and Severus in the bud right at the start of year 1 with coming clean - IF he had cared to! This whole argument of DD is totally backwards

- after the beginning, when Harry didn't do anything to earn Snape's scorn, Harry did quite a lot to make Severus loath him for being HARRY HIMSELF, not as just James' son: he constantly lied to Snape, cheated in class and on assignments, disobeyed, broke school rules left and right (and was then shielded from the consequences by Dumbledore usually), disrespected him, stole from him, attacked him, invaded his privacy and not ONCE expressed even the slightest bit of gratitude for saving his life and helping his friends, trying to keep them safe! If someone did all that to me I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like them very much either in their own right!

And Harry always got extra-treatment, which of course wasn't Harry's but DD's fault but which nonetheless must have made teaching and protecting Harry a horror for Severus.

Not to mention that Snape very clearly tried to be patient and non-confrontational during Occlumency lessons. And was the ONLY adult aside from Sirius during OotP to actually answer questions of Harry - which Harry paid back by deliberately not even trying to learn and practice. Because he WANTED the visions everyone said were vital to stop! So Snape sacrificed his little free time (when he wasn't busy being a Head of House, teaching, spying, attending Order-meetings, grading, brewing potions...) all the while knowing Harry didn't want to learn Occlumency, wasting their time! Which probably nobody believed or cared about when he tried to bring it up, with DD for instance...

If HARRY had known Severus was his father I'm sure HE too would have behaved a lot better, more respectful and less hateful!

DD did a terrible thing to both Severus AND Harry! It was cruel, irresponsible and reprehensible. With the despicable way he acted here there doesn't seem much difference to how Voldemort treats those under HIS care/authority. Both view those around them as inferior, replaceable and pawns: to treat and manipulate however they deem right for their own amusement, causes and advantage. And being totally remorseless about it.

It's hard to see how Severus and Harry could ever forgive him for the wrongs committed against them, the years stolen from them...
Utena-Puchiko-nyu chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
I LOVE Severitus!

Excelent oneshot!

Kisses from Argentina!
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
It's a very sweet gesture, that Snape is going to let Harry grow up "naturally" so that he can have a happy childhood, but it's also incredibly selfish of him. Harry has friends, memories, and a full-formed personality that Snape is depriving him of by doing this, not to mention the work Harry has put in learning five years of Hogwarts lessons.

Hold on a sec... Sorry, I got so into my indignant rant that I missed the line you put in about when Harry gets to be eleven and regains his memories and Snape having to apologize. Still, I think that Snape's choice is a cop out, and that his stated goal of giving Harry a happy childhood is a smokescreen for the two results of letting the boy grow up sans Aging Potion: It allows Snape to delay the time when he'll have to explain why he was a complete and utter bastard to Harry, and it will give him a much better position from which to explain himself. Instead of dealing with a distrustful and rightfully hostile teenager, Snape gets to explain his actions to an eleven-year-old abuse victim who desperately wants to be loved by his father. And I don't care how many years Harry might have for a loving environment to begin healing the scars the Dursleys left, that sort of abuse, that heavy and at such a young age, leaves enormous and easily exploitable marks on the psyche of a child.

If Snape thought 'a lot' about his decision, then he had to also realize that during the time it takes for Harry's age to catch up to that of his friends, the would grow up and away from him in experience. It's just unfair to do that. Also, despite the fact that Harry is going to remember his original past, however much time Snape spent "raising" him is going to change his personality. It's going to change him into someone he would never have been if not for Snape startling Neville into a mistake and then choosing to let the result run its course. That's just wrong.

It's a cute story, superficially, but I can't help thinking about problems like this. I doubt you really meant for it to be an issue, but it's there, and it gives the story a very disturbing twist.
CrackerjacknPez chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
VERY cool! I love de-aging and going-back-in-time fics! There were a few things puzzling me… for example, draco’s behavior, Ron’s (non)reaction… will Hermione really be completely okay w/ it? The 3 were best buds, and Harry and Hermione were able to talk about ANYthing.

One thing completely confused me, too… why is RIDDLE, out of all people, his godfather? Does this mean severus is still on voldy’s side? This canNOT be good… I hope you have another chapter up soon! _ I can’t wait!
Your Biggest Fan chapter 2 . 1/3/2008