Reviews for Fading
Wolfman-053 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Sucks to be Goldar, then.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I really like this take on Goldar. Good work.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Aw, poor Goldar. Personally, I just think that Zedd didn't realize what a great warrior he had. Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Oh, now I feel so bad for Goldar. The worst part is that he knows that he doesn't even stand a chance.

This is a creative idea to take on something such as the weakening of Goldar's strength in power in such a way. I never would have imagined it being the result of a disease, but that allows for your story to be all the more original. Not only that, but it also gives more sympathy for Goldar.

Another thing I really like is how you mention in the second paragraph that Goldar understands death, since he caused it himself so many times. I also like that you have him accepting his final demise, but it's the process of the slow death that he dreads. Along those lines, I also like how in the end you describe how much he loves to be hated, and how he loathes pity, and the irony of how that's all anyone can give him now. Nice job making me feel for an evil warrior.

Just one more thing, I absolutely love "The Hollow Men" reference at the end. That's my favorite poem, so I got all smiley when I read that. Anyway, I think the mood of that poem fits well with your story, so it was a nice surprise to the somber ending.

All in all, this is another fantastic work from a gifted writer.
jasonstoneface chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
After looking back and watching older episodes of Power Rangers, I see exactly where you're coming from. In the beginning, Goldar was a lean, mean fighting machine, who nearly toppled the Megazord single-handedly on more than one occasion. Then, eventually, he became a joke.

Good story, and a good way to address this.
Romula Linders chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
i cant believe i never reviewed this before especially considering I really really REALLY liked it. especially the last sentence.I just added this to my favs. And the presepctive on Goldar is incredible...ill look at him differently from now on.

by the way if youre on myspace I started a group called FANFICTION: The Web's Guiltiest Pleasure.

Its a place for fic recommendations, update news, ff pet peeves and favorite ships! so check it out and share!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Goldar may have been many things, but he was always an honorable being, in his own way. To go out like this, is NOT the way of a warrior!
Green Gallant chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Wow, the way you write it makes it sound very plausable. I agree I thought it was kind of wierd how he went from serious villain to a laughing stock in three seasons. I kind of wish they kept him as he was. Great job with this fic. Even though I dont usually route for bad guys, he was acutally pretty decent especially in the early days.

Nice work,

The Green Gallant.
walutahanga chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
A nice story. I'm used to thinking of Goldar as the comic relief until recently when I went to watch some old episodes and realized what a major change his character went through. This is a good bridge between the two versions. You really instilled him with a sense of nobility and frustrated purpose.

My only criticism, and I think someone mentioned it before, was that he actually died in the Countdown. However, it's only a small detail, as you could easily be talking about a spiritual death, not a physical one.
pinkywriter chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Wow, powerful. Great story.
general-joseph-dickson chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
interresting.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this when you submitted it to the site I used to run, the Command Center Archives. It was good to reread it it. It makes sense as well. At least Goldar technically died fighting when Zordon's wave swept in? Regardless, this was a very well done vignette and I enjoyed it. It brought up good memories of seeing old PR episodes, especially with Billy beating Goldar.

Well written.