Reviews for The More Things Change
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
this might be my favorite Tin Man story to date. can't give criticism when i'm basking in the glow- sorry.
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Your descriptions are very evocative, and I could totally picture DG's environment and condition. I also like the way you danced around things at the end while setting a great mood. Thank you very much!
SilverLunarStar chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
"Cain is going to be pissed.

She holds on to that, and only that." - So cute how well she knows him.

Irresistible force? Meet immovable object. This is a variation on the same impasse they have been in for eight months. - *Snorts* How does this not surprise me? Oh! That analogy is PERFECT for them!

*Grins* - "Do you really want me to list all the times you've run off in the last eight months? I've been keeping count. I've even compared notes with Glitch, so I can start before we officially met."

*Squeals* This was so good!

Fantastic work!
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
You want concrit? Sorry, my dear, but if you want concrit, you have to actually make a mistake. ;-) I suppose I could make a stretch and say that the lines cut up with dashes ("such as, 'I thought I'd lost you, Deej. And after Ad—after everyone else I'd lost, I can't lose someone else I—' he pauses and clears his throat, 'someone else I care about. Not and stay anything resembling sane.'") were the teensiest bit cliche, but like I said, even that is a stretch because slightly cliche or not, they worked for me, and I can't really imagine any other way to express what you wanted them to express without straight-up saying "I love you." So I don't consider that a mistake.

As far as plot, the pacing was good and the tone was suitably ominous. As far as characterization, I loved DG's determined escape attempts and her "gleeful disappointment" that Cain wasn't riding a white horse. The end was hopeful and heartwarming but didn't step over any lines. I wanted them to kiss, but they didn't, and that left me longing for more-which is good for you.

My favorite of DG's thoughts came at the very end. "She wants to ask him what he meant by 'best things', but doesn't quite dare... She knows him well enough to understand this is more than a promise from a bodyguard to a princess, or even, she thinks, from one friend to another. It's new, uncertain territory for both of them."

Thank you for a lovely story. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Emily
luna andie chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Awesome fic. I think you wrote DGs character very well and DG and Cains relationship even better.
Aliora chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Oh, just lovely! I really enjoyed this insight into DG's thoughts and the scene at the end captured their voices well. Great writing!
horsewomann chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Just the way I would see a relationship between the two of them starting out.. rocky, but slow and steady. Thank you for sharing this!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I'd like to beg your eternal pardon for not seeing this wonderful story sooner. My dear friend, Celia Stanton's profile turned me on to this fic, and I was suitable wowed. Seriously. I'm fidning it hard to comunicate this awe more than just a few one-syllable words like "squee" and "GUH!"

I've been talking to Effie and I have to say that I'm extremely jealous of the way you comunicate the descriptions of DG and her connections to her friends so subtly. Subtlety is a favorite of mine in th CDG ship, and I wish I had your talent for conveying it in so few words. My own attemps usually end up long and drawn out.

Your imagery with DG in the hole was chilling, but her thoughts of Cain were spot-on perfect. You kept him incharacter - protective, stolid, aggrivating and brave. Loved the allution to him shoving her behind a wall of propriety. THAT was brilliant!

Everything was brilliant, really, and this is going in my faves. I do hope you will write more Tin Man, because authors of your caliber are few and far between. Bravo!
PadmeKenobi chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Beautiful writing. I love the way you wrote DG's thoughts, and the romance and everything. Perfect story! Wonderful job!
effie214 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
You did a phenomenal job on this. The combination of plot and insight into DG's plight, and thoughts during that time, had a tremendous flow-it never once seemed that the reader was bogged down with either element. I especially loved the force/immovable object comparison, and how you kept them so in character at the end. Marvelous job.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
You write a wonderful story. You've got a good plot, your characters are spont-on and you give us romance too.

I really liked the way you were true to DG and Cain's characters and still able to show us how they were changing.
Transgenic-girl chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I just gotta know what the amulet was for. You hinted that it might be for her family, but didn't expand.

Maybe another chapter to finish off loose ends?
MythStar Black Dragon chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
Whoa I loved it a great pair as always. I loved that he was so worried and that they have to figure things out together.

Maria
Lady Taevyn chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I do believe I offered you cookies for this on LJ, but I figure what the hell. You can have a double batch of cookies, cause with writing like this you deserve it.
Midzst chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Awesome story. I loved her disappointment that he wasn't riding a white horse that time. I also liked the ending conversation. Great job. :)