Reviews for Letters From A Lost Daughter
bjq chapter 11 . 8/3/2012
LOVE IT
netrat chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
I really was wanting to like this, but I'm sorry, I don't. You do River's voice well but the one thing that doesn't ring true at all, and ruins everything, is the constant bashing of Simon especially in contrast with the adoration of Mommy and Daddy.

Everything we've seen of the Tams so far points to it that Mommy and Daddy would not have come for River. Simon did. Simon did and lost everything he had, burned all his bridges, and River knows that he did, knew that he would when she asked him to save her. Simon may be clumsy around women but he's not dumb, and whenever Mal - in the series - was shown being rude or condescending towards him, it was presented as Mal being wrong rather than Simon getting his just desserts.

So I'm sorry, but the way this River thinks about her brother prevents me from liking her. I do like your style, though.
libaka chapter 11 . 9/12/2011
Loved every letter. The last one made me cry :/
rheenielabeth chapter 6 . 3/15/2010
this one's my favorite so far! I usually wait till I've read the whole thing to comment, but I had to say how much I'm enjoying these.
TexMurphy chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Hmm... good idea for a fic here. I hate to admit it, but ... you know, sometimes you see a good idea and you just want to lift it.
BenRG chapter 11 . 10/24/2009
A lovely ending for a very challenging and well-written character piece. Because of the very nature of the character, writing River Tam is difficult at the best of times. Trying to write in her voice is an extreme challenge and I think that you did very well.

I particularly like how you showed her reaction to the programmed violence in her head. River might now be a terrifying killer, but it is not something that she wants or is even remotely comfortable with. Her first reaction to knowing the truth about the Reavers is empathy and a desire for justice. That shows just how kind her heart is.

A lovely work; I'm glad to see it seen through to the end.

BenRG's Rating: 8.5/10
Malinara chapter 11 . 10/17/2009
Oh, I just *loved* the last letter. I like that Wash isn't gone from their lives & that Inara is staying home of course *wink* also she seems very hopeful about her relationship with Jayne which is obviously bringing out the real River -

Shiny writing )
Thescarredman chapter 10 . 10/12/2009
A beautiful little story in River-speak. I t leaves me a little sad, but that's pure self-pity, as I'm now convinced I've never had an original story idea for 'Firefly.'

Keep writing, keep flying.
AngusH chapter 10 . 10/11/2009
Most interesting new chapter. The story continues very nicely, although I'm sometimes a little unclear on the timeline at some points. (I appreciate that this may be the idea to some extent, given River's situation).

Great work though.

Looking forward to the next chapter very much.
GorramGirl chapter 8 . 10/9/2009
who is Margot?

I love the whole story except for this Margot...
BenRG chapter 8 . 8/4/2009
Always good to see more from you Morwen.

The thing that I really love about this story is how you juxtapose the various parts of River. The confident, intelligent and assertive young prodigy, the barely-functional terrified, tortured child and the amoral weapon (amongst others). I can only guess what the Tams would think, assuming that they ever got these letters.

River is a very, very special and very dangerous young lady. The Operative was right about that much. One day, she will be healed enough to consider how best to use her many powers and skills and, on that day, I think that the Independence War will start again.

BenRG's Rating: 7.5/10
Stormbringer951 chapter 8 . 8/4/2009
Haha. This story is so funny, it makes me laugh. It captures River's innocent side quite well (and I also like the Rayne twist to it). Who is Margot by the way?
RJ Steamboat chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
this was really good and i can't wait for the rest! one small thing. when river is describing hypothermia and says you get warm and cozy before going to sleep is off. you just freeze, your body shuts down and you die. lol. no warm and cozy in it all. but this is still a great story. can't wait for more.
silentword chapter 7 . 5/8/2009
Wow, this story is truly incredible. Your portrayal of River is both lifelike and believable with a great mix of humour, fluff and bittersweet sadness, this is brilliant writing
happyhooligan2001 chapter 7 . 5/14/2008
I can really feel River's desperation and lonliness through these letters. But after Jubal Early things seemed to change. Captain Reynolds is more willing to accept her as a member of the crew and everybody needs to feel usefull.