Reviews for Dragons & Lotuses
Canada Cowboy chapter 4 . 3/16/2008
So we got the siblings thing going on, with Sokka running into Katara as a nurse in the hospital (kind of an appropriate occupation for her), and a mention of Azula at the end of the chapter. I liked how you reversed their roles, with Zuko being patronized by Ozai (due to patriarchy) and Azula being the outcast. I thought that was pretty creative.

Again, all characters are very in-character, which goes to show that you've put in a lot of work into this chapter, and I must say it's paying dividends. Still waiting to see Aang though, so keep the chapters coming soon!
iluvSokka46 chapter 4 . 3/16/2008
this was a good chapter. is there going to be zutaraness in the future?
AmicableAlien chapter 4 . 3/16/2008
I love it! It has danger, double-crossing, an uncertain ending (will he, won't he), lively and funny dialogue and best of all Sokka and Zutara!

If only you hadn't killed off Lu Ten, lol.

It's wonderful! Please, please, keep on writing it, I think it has become one of my top-ten favourite in-progress stories on this site!
iluvSokka46 chapter 3 . 1/15/2008
omg this was such a cute chapter. Sokka's police dream part at the beginning was so cute!

wow, Sokka had an allergic reaction. way to ruin a "date".

he has so many girls liking him, its crazy.

absolutely loved this chapter. you were right ;)
iluvSokka46 chapter 2 . 1/15/2008
wow, i should have read this chapter a week ago. sorry about that.

anyways it was really good. i loved the whole thing and Sokka banging his head on the table was a nice touch.

im so happy that Suki's in this story. i told myself that they should lock eyes or something and then they did!

i'm going to read your next chapter this afternoon- cant wait to read it though!
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 3 . 1/14/2008
Ooh, intruiging!
ardy1 chapter 3 . 1/14/2008
I find myself wondering just what Sokka's skills could be that had him rise to the elite ranks of the WLS in just a year, and what Iroh sees in him that is so special. Especially since all of his post-secondary school education is police-related, which presumeably he's keeping mum about. Plus, he must have fabricated some story as to what he's been doing since high school, which would have been checked out the WLS.

Zuko, while he finds Sokka's personality appalling, doesn't seem to be bothered by his rise either.

And to think, the one person who is right about Sokka is, in fact, Zhao. Now there's irony for you.

Probably what has worked best about your story so far for me is your setting. This is very colorful and vividly described. The events have an authentic feel to them based on your detail. I'm less convinced by your characterization and plot so far but you've still got my interest. Please keep going.
Canada Cowboy chapter 3 . 1/14/2008
Personally, I haven't seen too many of those films you discussed at the ending A/N, so all this is pretty new to me. I'm assuming that while Sokka pretends to be buddy-buddy with Ty Lee, his relation with Toph may play a role later on. Maybe he frequented Toph's place when he was still a cop? Or maybe he'll use her to help him later on, like in "The Departed"? I won't say anymore, just in case I give too much away.

Anyway, Toph's amazingly in character. I'm especially liking her nicknames for people part. We heard her use "Twinkle toes", "Sugar Queen", "Meat head" in the show, but she never used one for Iroh. So "Teabag" I thought was very original.

Before I go, just one question: what role does Aang play in this story? He's the "Avatar" but an all-powerful fighter probably won't work really well in a police detective story. So what do you have planned for him?
ardy1 chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
It's an interesting premise and I'm curious to see what you do with it. I'm hoping you keep your characters reasonably close to canon (without, of course, making Sokka a baffoon), but this first chapter doesn't give much indication of that one way or another.
AcuteSensibility chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
Wow, another great chapter! This LA you're describing is so real, but I guess it helps if you only live 45 minutes away like I do. I actually laughed out loud at your ref to Little Tokyo because I went there last year for the first time, and if I ever go there again I'll totally be imagining Iroh and Zuko walking around, LOL. Man I feel like such a poser reading this story. I'm a little white blode girl geeking out about Japan! But anyway, keep up the good work!
Canada Cowboy chapter 2 . 1/9/2008
Wow, there's such an interesting story here, and I can't believe I missed it until now. I really like the way you set the mood here. Sokka's meeting with Jeong Jeong, and later on talking about the induction ceremony with Zuko, made him surprisingly in character. Iroh's got a bit of his hedonistic side in him, and even Ty Lee seems very natural here. I think you really got something good going on here.

BTW, just out of curiosity, are you basing any parts of your story off of "The Departed"? I happen to be writing a fic for the Tales of Symphonia fandom that crosses over TOS with The Departed, and I wanted to compare how a writer of a different genre will do it. So are you considering any elements of The Departed in here at all?

I can't wait to read more. Good luck writing!
The Zutara Critic chapter 2 . 1/6/2008
will any of the non-fire nation characters (besides sokka and now, suki) play any role in this story? (ex. katara, toph, aang, etc)

great story: very creative and imaginative. i LOVE IT!
Rashaka chapter 2 . 1/6/2008
Interesting new story idea; I like that Sokka is the central character. The only thing that made me twitch was Suki as a geisha. I hope she's an undercover agent as well, or something similar, because it'd be pretty terrible to take a strong warrior character and make her into a geisha of all things. A better parallel to that would be Yue.
moor chapter 2 . 1/5/2008
The notes are a big help, thank you!

Also, not sure if you're possibly already aware of this (or the plot potential...), but I found a website full of police jargon called "How to Talk like a Cop".

Thought you may be interested!

Looking forward to the next update! _b
iluvSokka46 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
o i cant wait to read the actual story. it's going to be all about sokka :]
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »