Reviews for Attend the Tale
niki-chan2 chapter 8 . 3/26/2008
Wow, your take on Pirelli was wonderful. I think this is the best story I've read with him as the central character. Well done! The paragraph at the end where he recognizes the razors was brilliantly written
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
Wow. I just love how deep you make the characters, and how real they become. It makes me wonder who you will do next, in anticipation, of course. So please update this again soon, and with that, another gloriously praise-filled review about your stunningly amazing talent with words shall follow.

Well, I must dash. Hope to see you soon. Toodles!

Wolfy!
andaere chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
What a nice take on Pirelli!

You make him more of a sympathetic character, you give him background, and it's believable. You're just amazing. )

It also makes sense: maybe he wears those ridiculous clothes becaues he wants to make the world brighter, not because he's a fop... xD. JK. Sorta.

And the world of Sweeney Todd certainly is not very beautiful... they desaturated it, or something.
andaere chapter 7 . 3/22/2008
Woah, what an interesting idea!

I'm shocked to see that I haven't reviewed this yet... I swear I thought I had... Hmm...

Anyways, to the point: these are very good. I like how you give the characters layers, make them 'rounder', more belivable, more life-like. Give them motives, aspirations, backgrounds, thoughts. It's very nice, and very creative.

Also, you use proper grammar! Yay! xD

So, these are just beautifully written, and very unique.

Update soon! -faves-
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 7 . 3/22/2008
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I never thought of the characters like this before. I hope that you update this very soon, for you must never leave a masterpiece unfinished.
friska-freak chapter 7 . 3/22/2008
ooh.. loving this. are there more charcters coming up? the beadle? someone being shaved? *gasp* LUCY!

anyways you probably guessed im waiting for an update (if thers gonna be one, i haven checked if this was complete!)

if its already done, then great job! WOHOO!
friska-freak chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
very intresting take on turpin's thoughts! how original! im gonna read the othe chappies now!
smashing chapter 7 . 3/22/2008
Love love love it. Poor Fogg is so often ignored in fanfic, but I think he has a lot of potential, which you realized beautifully :)
BeBopALula chapter 6 . 2/13/2008
This is so good. I can definitely see Mrs. Lovett thinking that.
smashing chapter 6 . 2/11/2008
Oh, this was brilliant! I love your writing; it makes me feel like I *am* each of the characters. You did Mrs. Lovett justice, and I'm excited for the next chapter! I hope you'll mention something of the interim between Benjamin's arrest and Sweeney's homecoming- I've always wondered what exactly she *did* for fifteen years.
smashing chapter 5 . 2/10/2008
"Dead wrong." *snicker*

These were excellent! I like how you've fleshed out all the characters, giving an extra bit of insight into each of them that you can't get from the play or movie. Do Mrs. Lovett next, please?
Rini1986 chapter 5 . 2/9/2008
Excellent character sketches! I love that you can get into their minds and know what they are thinking & feeling. Descriptive and poetic.
niki-chan2 chapter 5 . 2/8/2008
This is probably the best part so far. I love the way you wrote Sweeney, and the way he talks about Benjamin Barker as if they are completely different men and he can't really remember what he was like.

This line was just brilliant: "He would not take it, even if perhaps that Barker fellow would have, because God and Mrs. Lovett and whatever scrap of soul he had left all knew that he was not that goddamned Benjamin Barker any longer."
A Fool With Hot Chocolate chapter 5 . 2/8/2008
I understood some of it. I knew who the characters were but it didn't make much sense. It's interesting though, I liked them.
niki-chan2 chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Very good, especially Turpin and Toby. I can't wait to read what you do for Sweeney and Lovett.