Reviews for Happy Endings
dzio chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Wow, you weren't kidding, that's one angsty story. And it's really good, most of it anyway. Sorry, but I have to say few things.

First of all - you're jumping between present tense and past tense too much. In some places (like in the scene with House in Wilson's office) it serves a purpose, in others it doesn't. Choose one and stick to it.

Another thing - the 'Wilson imagining/remembering House barging into his office' scene was a bit awkwardly inserted into the main story. It's just a bit confusing and for a while you don't know if that's really happening, or if it's just a memory. Cursive helps, but it's not enough, IMO.

There's something wrong with the paragraph that starts with: "As he passed the Diagnostics department..." It just feels a bit awkward.

Also, I'm not convinced House would act like this, and even less convinced the pshycho would buy it. The line “And you love him enough to die for him?” creates great dramatic effect and makes for one hell of a moving scene, but it also feels, well - fake. I can't see the guy saying something like this. But that's just my personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it. ;)

The ending is solid, if you ignore the OOCness of Wilson playing the guitar and singing (which I had no problem doing), and I really liked it.

All in all, it could have been better, but I enjoyed it anyway. Keep on writing. :)
KristenS chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
That was so sad. We own House I could just picture it. Anyways good story and sad too.
BilbosLittleAcorn chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
*cries,wails,and blows nose in nearest hankie*

Wow...what an angstfest

VERY sad...but excellently written.

keep up the great work.
Lady Lex chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
That was unbelievable! I have never cried so much after reading a story. I didn't even see that coming. You are an amazing writer! I felt this deep in my heart and now it aches, like it really happened. You gave House a new and unexpected side to his already complex character. No easy task. But it was done to perfection. Congrats.

BTW, I am SO SORRY I never bothered to read and review any of your fics, especially after all the reviews you wrote to me.

:( And look what I was missing! Forgive me... :) Now I am off to read the other ones.
Bloody Koalas chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I should be used to it be now. I really should. But I'm not quite sure I'll ever get over your stories.

This was incredible. It redefined fanfiction. At the beginning, I thought it would be a friendship. Just friends. But I was wrong, for this sort of love between friends cannot be descibed in such small terms. "They were both doctors, weren’t they? And between them, they still couldn’t figure out how to treat a broken friendship.", That is awesome.

And this, "House had been a misanthropic, arrogant ass. But he had been a brilliant misanthropic, arrogant ass." is pure gold.

I was on the phone while I read this. Imagine their surprise when I dropped the phone and screamed. James Wilson being punched. Gregory House watching his best friend's life slip away. House dying to save his friend. Wilson dying with him.

The end. The end made me cry. Not pretty tears, either, but ugly, sad tears. How perfect. Really perfect.

You have no idea how amazing this story is to me. So perfect. In fact, I've run out of words to descibe it. So, here. Take my thesaurus and recite every word for 'amazing' and 'indescribable' and 'perfect'. You have a gift.
bulletproofweeks chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Terrific and awe-inspiring! I love this angsty drama. I'm almost in tears! (which is extremely rare for me) I love this story so much! I'm actually going to read it a third time! Amazing work! This is exactly what I was looking for! :)

Keep writing!
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Brilliant! Perfect! *cries*
Paragonz Shadow chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Wow, definitely angsty! But hey, if you write angst as well as you obviously can, why stop? I enjoyed it, even though I don't usually read deathfics and prefer the proverbial 'happy ending'.

You captured the characters really well, and even though thinking about it now, I'm not 100% certain House would have done something like that or a man would have acted like that, during the story I didn't think twice about it.