Reviews for Destination
wow interesting
Shubhs chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Quite... Interesting.
070 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Wow, this really tugged at the heartstrings. I love your style - I've always rather preferred present-tense, and this just reminds me of exactly *why* I do. I love the ending (I adore fluff) and everything about it was just really well written.
jondoe1234 chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Haha... delightful. I very much enjoyed the piece. It does deserve the creativity award, perhaps for the sheer WTFery. Actually, precisely for the WTFery. Very intresting concept and quite solid execution. Lightened the soul.

Have a whale of a time!

Manny
vucizalis chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Great fic. I love the way you told it.
Conterra-san chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
omg, no joke, that made me cry.

it was so artfully done, and so sad, but beautiful!

i mean, i can't even imagine shunsui loosing her more than once. it was great.

~C
RobynGoodfellow chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
I have to agree with my fellow reviewers; how can there not be more reviews? You're rhythm is... I don't know how to describe it, but to steal the word "Linger(ing)" from another reviewer. I have fallen in love with your story and your writing. I have been searching for a satisfying N/S story for quite a while now, so thank you for writing this.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I thought the ending was corny, and I generally don't like corny things, but the rest was so good!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
I'm amazed that this doesn't have massive amounts of reviews. In fact, I was so surprised that I checked other stories of yours that I've fallen in love with and they don't seem to get many reviews either. Therefore, I felt obliged to come out of hiding and review.

Destination has an amazing flow, and an almost bleak tone...well not bleak per se, but a gray-borderline-dark tone, if you get my meaning. I'm trying to put into words the kind of feel I get from it, but all I can manage is to compare it pieces that strike a similar 'feel' like Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty and those kinds of things. All of my favorite pieces of yours are the ones that are not meant to make people feel happy. I can't really pin down what emotion they do evoke, but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm not supposed to. These pieces are all the more powerful for that.

(( You can tell I'm going way deep for this review, but I thought you deserved that considering I've read all of your Bleach stuff, a few Harry Potter things, and a FMA one and reviewed none of it. Sincerest apologies, : ) ))

While I'm here I wanted to mention that I thought the ending of 'Then, Now' was perfect and beautiful and really made the piece for me...Since I'm obviously still here, I thought I'd mention that 'Twice' is my favorite of your pieces and I loved your characterization of Nanao. It's probably one of my favorites out of all the fanfiction i read. The last few lines were really good as well...now that I think about it, you have a real knack for ending your pieces so that they...*searches for an appropriate word* linger.

And since I don't appear to be leaving and this thing does not have a character limit, I *insert synonym for loved here* 'Behind'. I think it was the line about letting her own hands be bloody so that someone else's hands can be clean that really struck a chord.

Last review that I should put where it belongs and not here, but I won't because I'm too lazy is: 'Never a Friend'. I haven't reread it before I mentioned it, but I was just scanning your stuff to decide which is the last one I can mention since I'm taking up way too much space as it is. In short, good piece. Liked the glimpse of Zambini and Snape's characterization was right on track.

So, to conclude: You are amazing. This piece and several others that I mentioned draws me in and manages to keep me right there with you until the very end. There was this UIL Ready writing workshop that I went to and it mentioned impact sentences: how one is always supposed to end each paragraph with a sentence that summarizes and leaves and impact on the reader. You are the master of impact sentences. You end with a bang. Sometimes it's so simple that it doesn't feel like it should have the impact that it does, but it always works.

With that extremely long ramble, I will finally leave you in peace. Sorry for the massive longness of the review...I don't leave very many and I always say that I'm not going to let it be as long as the last one was and it always manages to grow in length so whatever, lol. I enjoyed your one-shots and I am, as always, so glad you shared.

Respectfully,

Alex
Newbie GK chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Very interesting story. You have an unique style and a killer ending. Wonderful job.
darkangel1910 chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
I read this already. I love it even more now.
Crazy Authoresses CAT and AMS chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
No reviews yet? That's a crime, I say! Wonderful fic and wonderfully written! One of the best Shunsui-Nanao one-shots I've ever read.