Reviews for Testing Defenses
DragonTamer01 chapter 9 . 7/8
I'm sorry, but I have to ask that you do NOT repost this story. The reason is because simply put, I think this story sucked. I have a few of your stories on my favorites list, but this one is not going to be joining them. The reason my opinion of this story plummeted was because it became a series of one-night stands for Harry that were primarily filled with angst if you ask me. And frankly, I prefer "romance and true love" over "friends with benefits and one-night stands" every day of the fucking year.
Silvergate chapter 6 . 5/10
The missionaries' names wouldn't happen to bea reference to the movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Bogus Adventure would it? Loved the fic by the way.
Blazeb79 chapter 1 . 5/5
Great story
Blazeb79 chapter 9 . 5/3
Fun story.
jon08 chapter 2 . 4/7
Bet Harry was suffering with 'centre forward'...Ha-ha.
Love it.
This is epic.
wolf-master321 chapter 9 . 2/27
oh god I could not stop laughing that was funny as hell look forward to reading your other works
gwillem chapter 9 . 2/14
Brilliant story.
reallyfreakingnerdy chapter 9 . 12/11/2014
This final chapter is honestly more than a bit disappointing. It doesn't give any sense of closure on how things turn out beyond Harry enjoying a bit of time with Hermione. Nothing at all on the other girls who added a bit more depth to what was going on. It's just 'there' metaphorically speaking.
mwinter1 chapter 9 . 12/3/2014
great story even the second time through. Would love to see a continuation to it though.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/27/2014
Personally I would start getting a bit irritated if someone kept saying my friend was my girlfriend regardless of me saying other wise and I know my temper would get to me (part Irish, part German *Dad side* and Indian mom's side) and I would eventually get fed up and say something along the lines "OK thats it! for the LAST time she is NOT my GIRLFRIEND! does no one listen?! ...Just please go home I am getting very close to swearing off any relationship to anyone"
Angelia White chapter 9 . 10/14/2014
I find it is better to go with the flow when writing or I end up with writers block or get sick of the story. I construct a barebones plot line and edit it when needed. It's not like everything can be perfect in the first draft.
bleeb90 chapter 9 . 9/26/2014
I loved it!
GroveWolf chapter 8 . 8/8/2014
i've read this story before, and i quite enjoyed it, but i'm reading it again and some issues come up. the locks on the door, the way harry gives his aunt a cat flap, the scribble on the cupboard door that moody found, the way harry seemed quite naive about the female body and that there was a peep hole, the way he didn't notice anything more than friendship from girls. maybe these girls are helping him to understand that there are deeper relationships than friendship he can have with a girl, but the great girl conspiracy is acting quite obnoxious. either in fanfiction or canon, harry tenses when hermione gives him a hug for the first time. and by all accounts that was the first sign of physical affection that Harry can probably remember. honestly, i wouldn't wonder if it was some form of Stockholm Syndrome, the first girl to give him affection is the one he falls for. but as a young boy he wants friendship. he tries not to be greedy about friends so he concentrates his time on his two friends and when one seems to like the other, he stands back so that instead of gambling on losing a friend(ron) even if he might gain a girlfriend(hermione) he won't do it to keep the friends he has. but the great girl conspiracy where all the girls are claiming that hermione is his girlfriend, when he says she isn't, which is true, they say he just doesn't know it yet. the first few seem to be friendly luna katie fleur, but then they start trying to tug at his leash, make him jump. even hermione's mother is in on the act that he should get his head out of his ass and ask hermione to be his girlfriend. the poor confused boy is trying to sort out his sudden feelings and they are trying to beat him over the head. then of course it gets uncomfortable, Lisa, a girl who is considering vows of chastity, no sex, which any sexually active human being would consider crazy, so she's off her rocker and wants to join the ultimate virgins, who have teeth in their snatch. i wonder if anyone asked about anal. but really, getting your penis bitten off is a major horror scenario, and just when he's starting to understand himself as a sexual being with urges, they send in the dick biter. i don't remember if moody was training harry when susan showed up, i think so, but getting assaulted and knocked out in your own bathroom is going to fuck someone up mentally, and harry is definitely going to be more paranoid, i suspect he'd probably start stupefying her as often as possible. especially considering the way he woke up, tied up bound, at whoevers mercy that had knocked him out. for someone who has a dark lord after him, this is a terrifying scenario. then susan introduces pain. Harry knows pain. Harry has experienced pain throughout his life. whether his uncle beat him or not is up for debate, but honestly, kids get beaten that have their own room, and harry's uncle made him live in a cupboard, with spiders. i doubt vernon would hesitate to take a swing at Harry. and of course dudley and his gang have been beating on Harry all his life. once he got to hogwarts, well let's just say that they should probably reserve a bed in the hospital wing just for him. plus getting crucioed by voldemort, pain is not something harry cares for, and i believe it has bad memories associated with it. so yes he freaks out when susan tries her dom act on him. i understand that her intention was to test the barrier, but he hasn't had sex and has no real idea of anything like subs and doms. Tonks who scars him as well, when he's trying to look at girls as more than friends, shows up as mcgonnagall and freaks him out. to me a logical response would be where he says to hermione, "look, i think i like you as more than friends, and i'd like to try dating, but this whole girl conspiracy has got to stop. and i don't need to be hanging out with the lunatics that weren't my friends in the first place, i would consider becoming friends but all this talk about maybe sharing me, has got to stop, don't presume on that. don't get the idea that its your decision who i sleep with. i need them to leave me alone and we should spend some time together." and thats what i think harry would say.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/22/2014
ok...that almost killed my image of Susan with the Dominatrix bit