Reviews for The Fish Job
Mendip123 chapter 1 . 4/12
I like everything about this. This is my second read-through, after reading all the stories up to the one that's still updating.
I'm actually completely stunned that so much of what is to come is set in train already.
The characters are good; River is especially hard but I think you catch her really well.

Anyone reading reviews to decide whether to read... Do it. This is the start of a fantastic and epic story. The right balance of dark and light.

[As a geeky aside, really well formatted too.]

Some good bits... "Inara rolled her eyes, as if he should know the whoring rules better. " and sexy fork usage. haha.
Book's comment that Mal won't find any peace... And River, monsters and walls. Right now, because I'm in suspense about what's next for poor Mal with his monsters on the loose... This was a killer!
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 10/24/2013
That was pretty intense. I lIked the scene with Inara caring for Mal and helping him past his trauma. And it's good to see he's compis mentis again. The resolution came off believable; nicely handled.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Poor Mal! As bad as the braindance was, the recovery is going to be worse. Hopefully River can help him sort it out.
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
Yayyy! It's the Matrix! I was freaking out there when everyone started getting off. I thought 'wait, she's got plenty of other firefly stories, it can't be that everyone is gone in all those...right?!' But now I knOw that they have Mal in braindance, all is well. And presumably the crew knows and is on their way to rescue him - that's what River meant. Ok, I feel much more happy and I intrigued and much less sad and wrathful-like. Looki g forward to the great escape story our Big Damn Heroes will be staging. :)
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Lots of fun! This is a great start, can't wait to see where it goes. I'm guessing that Saffron put a tracker on the ship and that's what brought the Alluance down on them. What's the charge, though? They have their forms and the Tams have no outstanding warrants so what's up? Oh and I think River meant "I'm losing control of my psi and I'm going to go wonky soon. " Her reference to wires, knives, and monsters reminds me of the Academy...could they be showing up again or is it a general reference to the Alliance? Can't wait to see.
lastarael chapter 4 . 10/22/2013
Excellent scene between Zoe and Wash when he offers her comfort after she must "shed the Acting Captain" armor. Shows the connection between Zoe and Wash that most other fics miss.
The-KLF chapter 4 . 10/1/2013
I've enjoyed this story a lot, though the structure was a bit strange for this website - no matter, can still read it just fine. Not sure I trust the Prefect right now, will see if that theory holds up as I read the next part...
Margo Vizzini-Montoya chapter 4 . 7/11/2013
This story was fantabulous. The characters were true to themselves (minus Mal's dream experience, of course). The plot was intriguing. The psychology of the dream interrogation was well-developed and something that I could totally have seen Joss doing in an actual episode. Well done ; )
eagermeager chapter 4 . 6/8/2013
Great story!
Continuation?
eagermeager chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This is tastefully done and is a great segue from the show
USAFChief chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Reviewed at the end, but fergot to say somethin. I can see that you been havin some problems gittin the last installment finished. Time to git goin now. I'll be there soon and I don't wanna be disappointed that yore still procrastinatin.
USAFChief chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Just got here. This was good - very good. Thought for a while that you had put the story into a circle that couldn't be broke, but you brought it all home. 'Spect we'll see that prefect again somewhere down the line.

Good job. Goin for the next one now.
Dstorrs chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
Ayup, I win. :

Enjoying this so far. I can easily imagine the Alliance using this form of torture.
Dstorrs chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
Wanted to put my stake in the ground: this is looking like a matrix story where Mal is getting brain-in-a-vat questioned and River is trying to reach him telepathically to tell him what's happening.

That was my first thought after the spider reference, and the everyone leaving / acting out of character (Inara) supports it.

Be curious to see if I'm right.

-dstorrs
TemperTemper chapter 4 . 10/4/2012
You tell an incredible story. Wonderfully done.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »