Reviews for Under The Influence
niknit1998 chapter 33 . 1/6
That was ... amazing... that was sooo coool. Totaly enjoyed this story
niknit1998 chapter 16 . 1/2
Great! They got caught. I am expecting them to fight back and escape... onto the next chapter...
niknit1998 chapter 15 . 1/2
Cool! Man Phil is amazing. Should I be like Phil or like the hardy when I grow up?
niknit1998 chapter 14 . 1/1
Haha poor frank! He actually got fooled by Joe. Hahaha lololol.
niknit1998 chapter 13 . 1/1
Shit dude I hate that friggin 's wrong with him!
niknit1998 chapter 12 . 1/1
Damn that's a nice story coming up. I love it dude
. U r AMAZINGGGG
niknit1998 chapter 6 . 12/31/2015
Waaaattttt! ? Srsly. Joe will never do that. I feel so sry for him.
niknit1998 chapter 5 . 12/31/2015
Whew! Thank goodness Joe is not completely accused of hurting van srsly. But still.. who knows. I'm gonna find out. Hope he's not the one.
niknit1998 chapter 4 . 12/31/2015
What if he really did!? Damn I can't think of it.
Paulina Ann chapter 33 . 12/18/2014
Enjoyed your story. It's the first HB story I've read on FFN. Plan to read more.
Someone who asks chapter 33 . 7/27/2013
Why is it that out of all of your stories, this has the least amount of reviews? Perhaps it's simply because it's short. I hope that's the only reason, because this is the sort of story one must review. I know that as an author you haven't written anything for several years, but I hope you haven't lost this talent.

Joe Hardy is the kind of person everyone wants to be- the boy who has it all. We all know that, right? But what you did- not just in this one-shot but also in your serial series- is you showed that he was a human being. That's the fault that most superheroes have- they're not shown as people, just as icons. But Joe has a vulnerable spot, like we all do, and you hit the nail on the head with it over and over.

Perhaps why I like this little story in particular, although I am a big fan of your serial and the other one-shots, is Iola's mother. She is written like nothing I have read before. Her grief is so relatable and real, her methods of dealing with it understandable. She's not mentioned much in the original Hardy Boys books- in fact, I don't think she's mentioned at all- but here, you pulled her out of thin air... and she's perfect. Perfectly human.

Joe. I love Joe. And I love that you can take a character written as basically as the original Batman TV show and turn him into a person with depth. His grief isn't the same as Grace's, but that's normal! That doesn't mean it's less painful. And the fact that he's willing to take a risk that isn't playing up that 'dumb jock' stereotype- that, in fact, negates it- is incredibly unusual. I love your lost, confused Joe.

One last note is that I am a big fan of less talk and more... something else. Just as a personal preference. But most often the 'something else' is some kind of action, which becomes repetitive. Your story is so very different. Almost all of it is spent in memory, contemplation, and just thinking about things. There's little dialogue, and the people don't move about much- it's just thought. And I like that.

Your stories are all memorable, but this one is absolutely perfect. I hope that someday you come back to write another story.
CherryPika91 chapter 33 . 10/3/2012
Awww very good story!
Mrs. Frank Hardy chapter 33 . 11/3/2011
awwww...
GreatDays chapter 33 . 2/2/2011
Awwww sweet man,

Thats so cute. Keep on writing !

GreatDays
The Phantom Dragon chapter 32 . 10/18/2010
ha i could have told u it was Ryan from the moment he refused to answer

it's one of the best psychiatric tricks known to man, leave them in the dark about whether they were the one whodunit