Reviews for Rusted
FrankieB chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This was an amazing story of love, betrayal, hurt, repentance, and forgiveness. Liked the analogy of the armor rusting, quite apropos.

Thank you. It had both strength and a heartfelt tenderness.

Wonderfully written! Adding this and Crossroads to my fav list (on my pc.)
CCJGC13 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Another good job of capturing Alex's thoughts. I would like to read more of where they go from here
gerfan chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hi,

Glad to see your writing more CI fan fiction, I like your writing style, I like all the details and descriptions! Your story Push n Pull is one of my favorite B/A stories! Keep up the good work!
DixieH chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
Lovely writing about a very painful time. - Dix
The Confused One chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
OH! Very interesting take. I like it. I think you captured her part of what's happened perfectly. When she gets frustrated, upset, and scared...she lashes out. This only sends Bobby further into himself. Though it seems to me that this distance and rusting of their connection started in the sixth season. They drifted apart when his mother got sick. He stopped talking to her, cut her out. She was hurt, angry, and scared for him. She lashed out at him. It built. I think it was starting to get better, he was starting to come back out of his shell this season until Tate's. Now he's scurried back into himself and shut her out again. But that's only my take. :) I think you did a fabulous job with this. It's excellent. And I wish something like this would happy. I want the old Bobby and Alex back. I miss that connection.
Newbie GK chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
This is such a wonderful story. I liked how Eames came off as such a strong character and yet one who was able to acknowledge her own weaknesses. And the ending was simply fanastic. I truly enjoyed reading it.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Holy crap that was a good story. You really captured their dynamics absolutely perfectly.
Jei Hua Mae chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
This was really so good. I wish I could go into depth about everything that I loved about it, but me and words aren't speaking to each other right now. Great Eames characterization-Goren and their partnership, too, for that matter. Great ending, deceptively subtle and yet packs a punch, very like their partnership. I wish all fics were this good!
tzeitl chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Absolutely lovely. I can't exactly pinpoint with what words you have made emotion drip from the screen, but you made a knot form in my chest just thinking about the loneliness and alienation these two are experiencing in their partnership (which used to be their indefensible bunker). Sure wish I could write as well as you. Good job. Is it just me, or do you also miss the halcyon days of seasons 3 & 4, when everything was OK between them?
LBB chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
That was really a great story, I enjoyed it a lot. I also appreciated the good spelling, proper use of punctuation, paragraphing, etc.
moonstone2148 chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Hey there

I found this both poignant and compeling. A very good read!

Take care GG
TriStateCopFan chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Great job with the capturing and recitation of the events of late. It's easy to see these thoughts going through Alex's mind. Glad she took the first step towards mending things with him. When it comes down to it, Alex is really all he has left now...poor Bobby.

(Last time I checked, "somewhere" was one word...you might want to fire your beta ;-) lol j/k)

Really enjoyed this...that fav's button is calling...
piaffe417 chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Amazing. Wonderful (as always). And as though I couldn't love you and your work more, you went and threw in the wonderful phrase "dissecting the desiccation of their relationship." Ah the joys of alliteration and wordplay!

You're fabulous, dear. Thank you for this gem of a story.
Kismet23 chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
I really liked this; you dealt very well with the emotional distance between them and Alex' perspective on how that came to be is very interesting and, I think, accurate. Great job!
Steph1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
That was great. It's always enjoyable to see Eames' point of view on these matters. This was a surprisingly subtle post-Untethered fic. I think you captured the characters beautifully, and as always your writing flowed nicely. I do hope that this fic means you might be considering writing some more CI again, maybe even continuing "The Energy of Nothing." Subtle hint, I know. Anyway, this was another solid story to go along with the catalog of other great fics you've written. Thanks for writing and posting it.