Reviews for Faded Picture
Musicismyblood chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I know this is a one-shot fic but...my mind started to wander and my mind said to me 'What would happen if this Gregor saw Luxa in person again?' Am I crazy for contemplating a suggestion my BRAIN gave to me? Probably. But, you are just an amazing angst writer and I'm kinda wondering what would happen if you took it there. Not that you have to.
Random Reader chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Because real love stories never end. *sigh* that perfectly describes Gregor right now in your story. You are an amazing and talented writer. Keep it up. This made me cry. Very emotional.
Prophe chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
It's been a long time since I've really read any TUC fanfiction. These days, the archive is filled with nothing but badly-written, Mary-Sue filled stories, most of them including Gregor going back to the Underland because of some sort of prophecy. I'm not saying that's not how it was three years ago, because it was like that. The only difference being that there were still some excellent writers around to really balance things out. But it has been a long while since any particularly amazing fanfiction has graced this fanfiction archive. Maybe it's because all of the authors from the past couple of years have moved away from this fandom, maybe it's because there are just a lot of bad writers that are fans of the Underland Chronicles.

However, this review isn't about criticizing all of the stories that are present today. It's about this oneshot, and it's about how this site has changed since I joined, over three years ago.

Firstly, I would like to say that, though this oneshot is incredibly old, it is still one of the few that really hits me hard. It's so real, to me, and its tone just makes me think of all of the sad things about TUC. TUC wasn't a book series that was just about a world beneath New York city, to me. It was about change, about love, and loss, and hate, and war, and that even though things may seem bad now, they'll get better, if you're strong enough to overcome your struggles. It taught me about life, and about what it really means to lose someone.

This oneshot is very reminiscent of that, in my mind. It's so somber and dark and emotional; I feel the urge to cry every time I read its words. Even though it is nothing like what Suzanne wrote, I always thought it captured the series perfectly. It seems, to me, to be the perfect thing to read after you finish the series for a second, a third, a twelfth time. It's so wonderful, so depressing. I love it.

There really isn't much more to say, I think, Aria. I love it, and the TUC fanfiction archive just isn't what it used to be. And life isn't about books or fanfiction, but I miss this. This reviewing, this fandom, but I don't think we'll ever get it back. It could be worse, though -all of these old fics would be gone, and there would be nothing to help with my nostalgic moments when they hit. :)

Run like the river,

-Prophe

P.S.: I wrote, like, a huge passionate speech. Whoa. I'm sure you won't, but don't be weirded out by this at all. I'm sick, so I'm probably delirious, and I'm feeling so Ripreding nostalgic that the idea of not writing a review didn't even occur to me. And why should I waste my hard work? xD
TornAres chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This is for sure one of my favorite Angst One Shots in this site, your descriptions are amazing and the way you captured Gregors feelings are unparrel even to Suzaine Collins herself. Bravo, Bravo.
Mad Reminant chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
if i could cry i would but for some reason i stopped crying when i was eight never cried since. anyway great oneshot.
Abigail chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
of course it had my tears running. but i loved the ending. probably cuz i love reading angst for some reason. i love crying at stories. and i probably sound really depressed right about now, but trust me im not haha.
pomplamouse chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
wow. just wow. that was amazingly well written. you have some serious skills; its very mature and heartfelt.
xthe beastx chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Wow, I can't believe it's been over half a year since I've read this. Since this site has taken over a big chunk of my life. I have to say this is an incredible one shot that deserves much more reviews than it got. I'm reviewing again anonymously cause I can't review twice on it and I must say, It is just as good if not better than the first time. I listened to the song while reading it and it really got to me. It was just flat out amazing. Especially the end, it was incredible.
tree one one chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
this is so sad yet so ture...i think i started crying... i feel so dazad after reading this
xthe beastx chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
That... was really incredible, that's exactly the kind of stuff I love to read, and yet hate to at the same time lol. Your showed some true talent in this one shot, I'd have to say, it is the best one shot I've ever read. It was just amazing.
we'll-fade-away chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
That...was...amazing. It was written beautifully! I swear I just about cried. It was a great one-shot. Made me feel bad for Gregor. Again, that was amazing.

Alice
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Beatiful (it made me cry)
Faradei chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
That Was So sad, i loved it!
Freelancer404 chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
I cried.
LikeYouShouldKnow chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Wow...That was so sad. I cried. No one wants that to happen. Thats why most of us go to this site. To ease the pain we feel because of that horrible ending. Even though in the world of the Underland Chronicles, it will never be true. This fic, though sad, shows what i really happening while we write of him returning, we know it will never happen in his world. Somewhere out there in his world, this is happening. And even as we write better endings, it won't change. It was suzanne's Choice, and though no one likes it, that's how it happened. And that's what made me cry.

Odriew.