Reviews for From Death to Life
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
The pacing was a little fast, but it fit well. The story was sad, but I liked the ending.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
And the light-heartedness dies... As you said, this story was more bittersweet than happy or sad, but I still think that it was very emotional. It's not your usualy heart-wrenching, cry-your-eyes-out emotional, but there's definitely something very strong hidden between the lines. I'm not too sure what to call it, actually. It's not love; it relates more to death, actually. Maybe it has something to do with Kent's "sixth sense" of death.

Even though it was a super fast-forward, I enjoyed seeing you map out Kent and Lyn's life in it's entirety. We don't see much of those, since they would take a ton of chapters. The underlying theme of death was very interesting as well. Anyway, that's all I've got say this time around!
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Hey Manna (is that what you call yourself?)!

That was a really touching Angst, though i thought it was somewat spiritual...

pacing was fine, almost-death scene great:).

well, you know i love angst fics, and even though KentLyn isn't really one of my favourite pairings (i think Lyn should go with Rath), this was such a good job i can't help faving it:)

oh yes, i wonder why you stopped all your MattLeila fics? as in, you stopped writing them. aww:P
Merodi-chan chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
O_O... That was soo good! I almost cried...
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Heads up: reviewing as I'm reading...

Aw, the first part sounds like something out of a Charles Dickens story... Just the image of him trying hopelessly to start a fire... How sad.

I like the touch of Kent having a little sister; it adds more emotion to the scene. Instead of just waking up to cold, dead, faceless parents, Kent also awoke to find himself cradling a blood-covered baby, the little sister he had tried to take care of. Nice angle on the scene.

Though I think that you could take out the sentence "It had been his first sighting of death." Personally, I don't think it hads much, and it sort of interrupts the flow of the story.

...OH GOSH... Clumps of hair? O_O Maybe this should be Horror/Romance, not Romance/Angst...

Good almost-death scene, I guess. Only, why was Sain trying to pull Kent away? I don't really understand... That always happens in the movies, but hardly anyone explains why. It's become a sort of cliche.

Kent? Stubble?
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Geez, Kent goes through a lot growing up. It's not what we usually see in the squeaky clean FE world, but fits well in the brutal medieval era.

Well done, the scene with Priscilla and Serra fighting to save Lyn's life while Sain restrains Kent.

It's sweet how Kent and Lyn first kiss, and how they accept their feelings for each other. "I will find a way" is a good, strong line for Lyn.

Gad...even the baby? And the "agony of living" is a harsh description of one's life. The scene at the end and the appearance of Roy and Lilina is a good way to end the piece, bringing hope and life even in the midst of death.

Nice work, Manna. Many years are covered in a short amount of time, but it didn't feel rushed. It's a hard life you portray, and I wish there were bright spots to balance out the dark, but it was a good and heartfelt story.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
All you write is KentxLyn fics! (Haha, not that I'm complaining...at ALL...xD).

Anyway, the tone of this was interesting, what with the fast-forward technique. I personally thought the pace was fine, for although it was quite fast, it was very consistant. I also really liked how it was so...real. That's hard to do for Fire Emblem-come on, the game is practically a bunch of fantasy cliches about a group of extremely young heroes saving the world without any casualties and then all falling for each other and living happily ever after with their angsty forbidden courtly-love pasts behind them. But this went farther-Kent and Lyn's first kiss wasn't perfect, Sain had grey hair, there was famine and stillbirths as well as war, and then everybody DIED. It was bittersweet, just like real life. So...in conclusion, I liked it. A whole lot. As usual. xD

So write more! I command thee! (And YES, I'll write more too, so I can stop being a hypocrite...:-P)
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Ah, this is what I call good angst.

The pacing is alright, though you may try using some form of line break to indicate a different time frame. Unless it was your intention to purposely leave such out.

Good angst, why? Angst is defintiely there, but I feel that it is a good ending, like you promised. They lived and grew old together, which is something to be treasured. The ending scene with Roy and Lilina is also apt.

Keep up the good work!