Reviews for Progression
Nancy619 chapter 22 . 6/4
Laughing hard love this story lol.
lachender chapter 29 . 11/8/2020
Thank you, Cerasifera, for the warning! I forgot about it at first and on this chapter remembered it and stopped. It took a very sudden unpredictable dark turn and without resolution it would ruin the experience. It truly is better to stop at chapter 28 and imagine my own ending.
I did enjoy this, it is very well written and there are some very nice twists in the story. Apart from a few hitches (like the reaction to the gifts, the way that she deals with trauma, Australia - I would imagine that if she didn't want someone to find her parents, she would have never sent them to a place they've got so clear ties to) it is true to the original. Pity that it was't finished. At chapter 28 it looked the the resolution is just around the corner.
Anyway, thank you for this experience.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/8/2020
I have no problem with mixed marriages, but I don't think giving Hermione aboriginal heritage works well with the original. One of her distinctive traits is that she seems fairly common apart from her name, including her middle class family. It takes an effort to realise that she's more than that, and I like it about her. Making her suddenly exotic changes the whole dynamic.
lachender chapter 14 . 11/7/2020
Hermione seems a bit off in this chapter, a bit too together and childish at the same time. The way she looks at the gifts as criticism, for example. And it's hard to believe that Harry and Ron would get her Quidditch tickets. I understand that it is necessary for plot development, but it doesn't seem realistic in this version. Nagini was a nice touch, a bit unrealistic too, too easy, but Hagrid's love of monsters excuses it to some extent.
But I'm still enjoying it, so thank you.
lachender chapter 3 . 11/6/2020
I like the beginning. It is original, but the characters seem true to the books. Not always first chapters elicit the desire to read on. I just hope it will pick up optimism-wise.
Cerasifera chapter 31 . 12/20/2019
For readers who check the comments before reading the story: I'd read chapter 1-28 and not bother with the rest (annoying cliffhanger). That way you have some sort of an ending, a happy one even, albeit not with Harry's Horcrux extracted.
There's some hilarious stuff in this story, so those first 28 chapters are definitely worth reading despite the fact the story's not finished!

Clever Lass, if you still read these: I see your last profile update was three years ago... What terrible bad luck you've had! :-( Still, I too hope you will finish this story some day.
Cerasifera chapter 18 . 12/20/2019
"Please, Miss Granger, must you start talking? How are we to stay awake?"

Laughing out loud right now! Why is this story not also in Humor?! The part where Snape asked Remus how old he is in dog years also still makes me snort XD
Cerasifera chapter 4 . 12/20/2019
So far, so good. I love that Snape feels safe enough to cry, and I also really like that Lupin (and Shacklebolt) can appreciate Snape's sense of humor even as he jokes about disliking Harry!

If this is set in 7th year, Hermione is 18 already and they would ask if rather than assume that she's underage.
Caramel4me chapter 31 . 2/12/2019
I love it so far: I really hope you continue this story!
Lovethyneighbor chapter 1 . 8/23/2018
My sister; when I came to the line where Hermione saw him crying I was so shocked. I have read plenty of Severus Snape stories; but has never come across with him in such a vulnerable stage; it really moved me like I wanted to be there to comfort him. You really are rare; ( The Finest ). Well done!
iloveyou1234 chapter 31 . 7/27/2018
Oh no! Can’t wait to read more
MJLupin27 chapter 29 . 1/30/2017
NOOOOO! REMUS! I can't believe it ended that way, far too cruel, I'm horrified!
MJLupin27 chapter 27 . 1/30/2017
This is awesome, thank you.. it really had an impact in me, made me reflect about self control and all, how it's hard but it throws good results at the end..
MJLupin27 chapter 23 . 1/30/2017
This is a fabulous chapter, it really defines chivalry and respect and how Hermione is taking decisions is very wise.. congrats!
MJLupin27 chapter 5 . 1/29/2017
I've liked this story so far but I dont like how you're painting Remus, so awful towards Hermione.. hope this is the worst of it :/