Reviews for The Weather Outside is Frightful
Archiril chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Beautiful story! I loved it! :)
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Great story, I enjoyed it a lot. Characterization was perfect.
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Well written a lovely yule tale, however just once I wish something bad would happen to one of the thoughtless hobbits! Though I will admit you made me kinda like them, which is a great feat believe me it just seemed unjust that the only one punished for Pippins misdeed was Legolas. On the other hand no good deed goes unpunished.

Tis funny I guess, but your story reminded me of some of the reasons I adored Tolkein's work and hated it at the same time. I loved the adventure of the story the scope of his imagination, but other than Frodo's heroic struggles with the ring, Sam's steadfastness and Bilbo's love of adventure I didn't actually care for the Hobbits and alas I still don't. But you story made them almost palatable. In case there is any doubt I loved your story!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
We've been exchanging favorite stories around my house the last few days and this one came back to mind. I had read it a few weeks ago when you first posted and have to tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was a great short story (but not too short, thankfully) with lots of action, angst, and pathos. I especially liked the way you included the hobbits in the story (but you mainly focused on Aragorn, you sweet woman).

A perfectly delightful story and one I would highly recommend. (Which reminds me, I really should update my Profile Page recommendations one of these days.)
Apsenniel chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
LOVED it! Asfaloth sounds like a worthy horse for Glorfindel. It's good that Aragorn knew the right way to talk to him/praise him to get him to help! I laughed out loud at the thought of Asfaloth toying with Legolas before pushing him into the stream...quite a sight, I'm sure!
peredhil lover chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
A very nice little story for the Naked Yule Challenge, although if I had one compliant, I would say that there wasn't quite enough naked elf in it! ;)

Seriously, this is very well written, and I enjoyed your portrayal of all the characters. I also liked that you stuck to the book verse and didn't show Aragorn and Legolas as the best of buddies at this point. Thank you for this very enjoyable tale.

peredhil lover
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
A lovely story, Radbooks. I really liked how you portrayed Glorfindel, and of course Asfaloth was an absolute hoot. (Not that I would say that anywhere around him!) Aragorn at the end going all starstruck at the sight of Arwen was also very funny. Thank you for such an enjoyable read.
MerrytheHobbit chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Very nice! I liked this!
Aelaer chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Oh! Radbooks, my friend, I enjoyed that so very, very much!

A quick note- Glorfindel should be saying "Dunadan", NOT "Dunedan". A common mistake made, but not a big one. After all, 'adan' is the singular, while 'edain' is the plural ;)

But this was truly a delight. I, also, am one of those who did not think Legolas and Aragorn were good friends as is portrayed in the films and in a lot of fan fiction. So I truly enjoyed this quite a bit. A good bit of book-verse.

I loved Asfaloth. Nice horse :D

Oh my, radbooks, I cannot wait until your next big story. You are such a fantastic writer :D

Have a very happy Yule yourself ;) Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Laire