Reviews for A Princess's Duty
Yoyito chapter 21 . 10/15/2015
Great story, thank you for this wonderfull story. I wa splaying BoF again and I wanted to read fics of my favorite pairing Ryu/Nina I am so glad that i found this,, I love it.
pokemon-35055 chapter 21 . 7/25/2014
great story one of the best i have read
Black-wings91 chapter 21 . 12/31/2012
Hi there! I know it has been a while since you've written and completed this, but I just can't fav. a very well-written story and not leave a review. I really love this fanfic here; I found it very cute-made me like the Ryu/Nina pairing much more.

I liked your view of the BO3 Ryu here-I've always thought that he would have a very outgoing, bubbly, and fun personality. He was very adorable here :)

Don't get me wrong, I liked Nina here-but there were times where I felt she needed to be smacked on the shoulder-especially when she kept pushing Ryu away and deciding to marry that jerky prince, Edmund. Poor Ryu. But at least he won her in the end :) That's all that matters 3

Anyways, thanks for a wonderful read! I'm glad to have come across this :]

Blackwings
EmpathicTempest chapter 10 . 2/10/2012
This story is well written, save for two things that really annoyed me despite how good the story is. I seriously can't picture Ryu losing in a sword fight even if the bastard opponent cheated; especially since he defeated countless dangers and even stood to the likes of Myria, Garr, and Teepo. You mean to say that a battle-hardened swordsman like Ryu can lose to a spoiled windian brat like Edmund? Not believable at all, and it was completely uncalled for. Also, I always found Ryu to be more of a reserved, kind, and honorable fellow, and not some cocky curse-word using guy who cheats at playing cards. As a fan of Breath of Fire 3, I believe you spit at the image of Ryu by making his fight with Edmund and his personality turn out the way they did.

Aside from this though, everything else was done rather well. Your writing has a style that managed to make me feel the emotions the characters were experiencing for the moment. This novel kept me hooked. To the very end.
Ryu Doragon oji chapter 21 . 11/12/2010
I thought you make the ending in chapter 20. In that time i think the ending wasn't very good than the previous chapter. Now, after i read this last chapter, it was good enough for me and... It's all thanks to you...!
Mirai Reiko chapter 21 . 9/2/2010
You're welcome. Glad to see this story completed, and with a nice ending to boot. Anyway, I think this site needs more BoF love from authors like you, because I truly believe it is one of the best RPG series' out there. :D
reading turtle chapter 21 . 8/17/2010
just wanted to say i absolutely loved your story. i read all but the final chapter something like a year ago and was so disappointed that it wasn't finshed. i finall got back on ff and saw it. man i was thrilled. i like the ending. thanks for taking the time to write it.
Airess Byrd chapter 21 . 7/19/2010
wow! you finally finished this great story! i will not spoil the ending in this review for curious lookers, so i'll just say GREAT JOB! i love how it ended! i hope to read more stories from you soon!

did i mention good job :)
Estrelita Farr chapter 21 . 7/3/2010
What a great ending to a great story. It's great that her parents finally sat down to listen to her, and that they're finally ready to tolerate Ryu; I'm glad Nina didn't get to lose either the city or the man she loves; it's the best of both worlds!

The chapter was nicely written; it wasn't just a closure to a story, it has a nice touch on the (what I call) morals of the story. On what choices really are, on what traditions really are, on what homes really are... it was really touching. Nina seems to have matured some, too. :D

No worries about the late update though; I understand that good stories take time to write... though I find myself writing way slower that I'd like. x_x

For such a great story, you deserve a... candy! Blueberry-flavoured, pink-wrapped, 50-cents candy! No cookies for you 'cause I don't have any. xP

~Estrelita Farr
Angelkitty1 chapter 21 . 6/8/2010
I love it, I loved the whole thing!

"Does that mean… I can keep him?" was a great line.

Breath of fire 3 was my first bof, and I loved the Ryu and Nina in it b/c I really felt they knew and loved each other, although the stupid game never actually delved into that shakes fist at capcom

You did an amazing job with everyone's personality. Playing through the game, I was like "wtf Nina just run the hell away with the hot dragon! Look, I'm sure he won't mind! Who cares about stupid Wyndia? Your mom is a total bitch so ruuuuuuuuun" but she always knew when duty called and that is exactly how yours is!

Damnit, I wanted Nina to deck Sheila sometime in this. I couldn't stand her in the game either.

I have one complaint, but it's selfish. I wanted more Ryu/Nina fluff :( B/c the fluff that was there...was great!

All and all I really enjoy your style of writing, I definitely forget I'm on a fanfiction site when I'm reading any of it.

A definite A from me!

Looking forward to more greatness!
Lord Vukodlak chapter 21 . 6/8/2010
Finally a conclusion, I might not have even noticed for a couple more days if I hadn't taken a break from Red Dead Redemption to check my email.

I did love the ending and the journey it took to get there. Ryu's speech about what is home was especially sweet.

Though man a lot of guys don't get a long with their mother in-law but Ryu will probably have them all beat.

Could also have an interesting conversation with future grandkids.

"Grandma why did you try and have daddy exocuted?"

Its interesting though the legend of Nina II and her blackwings survives but not her travels with a blue haired dragon-boy named Ryu.
Ryu doragon oji chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
What a wonderful story! It almost make me cry! I hope you make the 2nd part ok?
Elly3981 chapter 20 . 3/20/2010
Hi, I've been reading your story for a few days now; I'm lucky I discovered it just recently so I was able to read it almost all the way through without having to wait for an update :D. Anyway, I really like your story; I think Ryu and Nina are perfect for each other and I do kind of understand Nina's dilemma of having to marry someone she didn't love when she was already in love with someone else. Its a popular theme in the most famous love stories. :) I think this would have been a perfect sequel to BoF I. Though I liked the game very much, I've always felt the ending was a little lacking and could have been much better. I really wish they made an anime or manga of a story like yours just as they did with FFVII's sequel "Advent Children". Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing how this story ends! ;)
Mirai Reiko chapter 20 . 11/22/2009
I came across this story after being bored and finding nothing to read in my other fandoms, and after reading the first few lines in the first chapter, I knew right away that I had been saved from boredom, let alone enjoy this story. The character's personalities-and Ryu, who's a known mute in the game-is spot-on. I can actually imagine him acting like a clown, all thanks to Rei's influence. XD Speaking of which, I've enjoyed the inclusion of him and Momo in the story, as well that funny, yet cute moment after he punched that geezer who kissed her. Nina's struggle and the plot had me drawn in, and I must commend you for doing such a wonderful job. The story has all the flavor of genres I enjoy, that being romance, humor, action, drama, and adventure.

My favorite scenes had to be when Ryu made that remark about his sword being bigger than Edmund's, and strangely the part where he was about to toast him in dragon form. It made me think of that catchphrase, 'F- you, I'm a dragon!'. Anyway, you've managed to rekindle my love for BoF, and I can't wait for the next chapter. I've read all them yesterday from eight to almost four am. O_o Once again, awesome job. :3
Gabe chapter 20 . 11/20/2009
The chapter's full of action

But on my part, it's apparently good, although out of the romance category...

It's still awesome!