Reviews for Never Too Heavy
I imagine that the reason this is getting so much attention lately is because more people than ever are looking for Star Wars stories, due to the new movie of course. They check this story because of its high number of favorites, hoping for that one story that draws them in, pulls them back into the universe they desperately miss. They cannot be disappointed with this story. This is touching and absolutely beautiful. The characters are so real and so well written, they almost feel realer than they do in the film. If only the films had this much heart and took this much care to paint an accurate scene. This was truly a pleasure to read, thank you.
Westel chapter 1 . 7/11
To the 'guest' commenter on 7/11/2016 - thank you for your generous review - it warms my heart that my attempt to portray the first steps toward a lasting, epoch friendship are appreciated. Luke and Han are very special to me, and always will be. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. It means a lot.
Mako-clb chapter 2 . 5/7
Nice. I appreciate a good Han& Luke friendship fic as much as I do a good Han/Leia romance fic. Although, I would put the story first and the note second. When I went to read this, I almost hit the back button when I didn't see a story right away.
meldahlie chapter 2 . 5/2
This is a lovely, lovely story! A really nice, in-depth look at those scenes on Hoth - and the friendship between Han and Luke.
"...there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it..." That made me laugh!
Poseidon'sWizardingGuardian chapter 2 . 4/5
Aw! It is so sweet and fluffy! This was so adorable on so many levels, and I love how you kind of helped alone Han's silent character development! Plus, a sort of insight into Han and Luke's bond was wonderful too!
snowy.cat.3 chapter 1 . 4/2
Yep, I went looking for OT fic because it pissed me off that Luke, Leia and Han weren't together in that new film. I didn't wait over 30 damn years for THAT. So fic will have to fill the void because I'm done with the Disney version of SW. I'll stick with Lucas and Lucas approved canon, and he didn't like the Disney version either.

Sorry for the rant. I really loved your story. Not only was it well written and gave some lovely insights into Luke and Han's friendship but the SPAG was excellent, which is always a bonus. ;) Thank you for sharing it!
Duckscrossingtheroad chapter 1 . 2/15
This was really good! I especially liked that you didn't overdo the bromance if that makes sense. In regards to why I favourited this story, I grew up with Star Wars (ahh, childhood, where did you go?) so in my case, it's not really because of TFA, although that being said, I don't think I would have found your story if you hadn't updated it because as you say, you published this quite a while ago. But yeah, this was really nice :)
what-the-hells-going-on chapter 1 . 2/8
hey okay so i would just like to say that yes, for me at least, this 100% has to do with the new star wars because i had never seen a star wars movie in my life until about a month ago, when i watched the original trilogy so i could go see episode 7 with my friends and understand what was going on but shit dude i got sucked into star wars and now i can't escape and this story is definetly not helping
Laura chapter 2 . 1/30
This is such a sweet story! I've always thought Luke needs a hug, and Han has finally listened to me! You're a great writer, and this story is so touching. Han is such a good friend.
Han is such a good friend. Luke needs someone like that to take care of him.
airbenderfangirl27 chapter 1 . 1/24
Hi! I think the force awakens release has a lot to do with it. Particularly the fact that Luke and Han never got the reunion in the film we maybe wanted to see. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story not only about these two characters but friendship in general. Much appreciated! Would love to read more from you and will definitely be following :)
Pinky-chan2 chapter 2 . 1/18
Han is right... Friends are never too heavy.
Your fanfic made me smile. Thanks. )
Jynx Harvest chapter 1 . 1/12
Always followed your Star Trek stories, Westel! I'm amazed to see that you're still writing on this site after all these years. I'll have to go back and read more of your work, maybe even the Star Wars ones as well!
CatWingsAthena chapter 2 . 1/10
Oh, this was amazing. There are a lot of things I could point out here-the lovely reflection on the nature of friendship, your capture of Han Solo's voice, the descriptions, the comments on pain-but that would entail singling something out. Really, I can't. This was just fantastic. Thank you!
Jadeblueafterglow17 chapter 1 . 1/2
just love the scene from ESB and you captured the missing points well...that's all. Missing Luke!