Reviews for Heavenly Peace
Rainbor123 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
That was so sweet! :)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Wow.

Sitting here. The world is outlined in stars until I can wipe my eyes. Heart straining and painfully happy. The stars keep coming back.

So beautiful. Don't think I've ever heard Robin in such a heartfelt expression of pure emotion before. So open. So real.

But listen, the song this brought to mind has nothing to do with Christmas. Sort of the opposite. It's "Kathy's Song", by Paul Simon. Here are the lyrics (yes, it is a cut-n-paste):

"I hear the drizzle of the rain

Like a memory it falls

Soft and warm continuing

Tapping on my roof and walls.

And from the shelter of my mind

Through the window of my eyes

I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets

To England where my heart lies.

My mind's distracted and diffused

My thoughts are many miles away

They lie with you when you're asleep

And kiss you when you start your day.

And as a song I was writing is left undone

I don't know why I spend my time

Writing songs I can't believe

With words that tear and strain to rhyme.

And so you see I have come to doubt

All that I once held as true

I stand alone without beliefs

The only truth I know is you.

And as I watch the drops of rain

Weave their weary paths and die

I know that I am like the rain

There but for the grace of you go I."

Breath still labored. Haven't yet re-centered myself. This story ... so deep. So damned REAL. His declaration, coming as it did without preamble or hesitation, spoke more eloquently of his love than did the words themselves. And that's what brought this song to mind. "The only truth I know is you." He as much as said that. And "There but for the grace of you go I." sums up his relationship with her.

So damn beautiful. (... I think I once heard a song by that name ...)

This is one of the truest, sweetest things I've ever read. Oddly, it reminds me a little of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven", an amazing little novel that really ought to be on everyone's bucket list.

I wish there were a SUPER-Favorites category, because this story surely belongs there.
christmas15286 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Nice story
ravenslair chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
This was truly wonderful. I didn't get a chance to read it until after christmas, but truly one of the best christmas presents I received this year. This really touched me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. As always, thank you and god bless. Gerry
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Wow...that was so sweet. I really enjoyed that.

Chica
SylverEyes chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
How are you so good at stirring emotions in people with your writing? Did you know that I started crying while I was reading this?

I sat down, put on the song "Your Guardian Angel" by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and made sure it was on repeat, and read this little oneshot.

And I cried. It was just so touching that I don't have the words to describe it.

I must make a comment about your vocabulary, because some people are good writers, but lack the wording to make their scenes take effect. You do not. Your vocabulary is very good, and actually varies depending on what kind of writing you do. -claps-

I liked the fact that Robin was analyzing Raven throughout this whole thing, because everything he was doing right then hinged on her reactions, and whether he could go on or not, so that was very good.

Man, this song has this oneshot written all over it right now.

Great job, and Merry Christmas to you.

Everyone else who doesn't celebrate Christmas, be grateful that we're all on vacation from school, and happy New Year! XD
LM22102 chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Oh dear. That was .. epic. I really understood Robin and Raven's perspective and it was absolutely heartwarming.

And to read it right before Christmas, oh wow, that was just .. Thank you so much, Miss Em.

My dearest apologies for not being in contact for so very long.

Thank you again, this is an absolute gift you could ever give to us, your readers. It is very much appreciated. I truly believe this changes my Christmas. It gives .. as you say, Peace.

Thank you, truly, honestly, it has changed my Christmas.

Happy Holidays, sweetie.
IIO chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
all holy places have a peaceful setting to it just before a holy day,not just catholic churches.
NeoNails chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Aww, and a Merry Christmas to you, too! :D

That was a very sugary sweet Christmas fic, and definitely brightened my day.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I hate to say this, but the very first line had me all "Ugh!" (this can't be good)". "choir" was a sigh of relief.

"When she was being antisocial and escaped to the roof, he found her"

And when she goes to her room in "Nevermore", he really tries to let her have her solitude. I'm missing point here, don't mind that, just felt like pointing out that he's not that intruding.

Typo: Par misses a "t" at the end.

It's a good idea, what with Raven basking empathically in the ecstasy of faith. Heh, like an antidepressant...

I really don't think love is intangible. It's definitely an existing phenomenon, and you can feel it, which is the same as observation, only without external senses. It's even been determined what goes on in the brain when one is in love (something about psychosis and some stuff that's in chocolate too).

Faith is another matter, because here the subject of devotion isn't someone you can hold hands with. All we can observe and feel is faith itself, so it's a real and tangible as love. The subject is all the difference.

Overall: Simple. Easy. Solid for what it is.

PS: Speaking of love, how many fans have so far proclaimed their deep, deep feelings for you? :-)
cheekylildevil chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
Great Job!

the words of the song even fit!

10/10

Merry Christmas

Indi
Chi Yagami chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
an early Christmas present! I love you! o Merry Christmas! and a Happy New Year!
liliac gurl chapter 1 . 12/22/2007