Reviews for No Quarter
Cutter12 chapter 3 . 3/15
Nice re-working of this episode. Somehow this story did seem to be better with Don in the elevator.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
really good!
Gleedarrenfan18 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
hey i got an idea why dont you write a story about charlie and don in a hostage situation at a grocery store or the mall or whatever just don charlie and random people

cool huh!
7kstar chapter 3 . 1/2/2008
Poor Don...not wanting to go to the hospital and having to go anyway. At least he got Charlie to go fetch him some good food while he's stuck in the Er.

It's hard to do this, to take a story that already been done and make it your own. I liked that you added a shot to the arm.

I would have enjoyed a longer version, but it does give us something all Don fans want, Don in trouble and the team to the rescue.

Enjoyed it.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 3 . 1/2/2008
Blakely finally lowered the guns a bit and stepped away. “At least we both know where we stand now.”

“I don’t know about you, but I’m sitting down,” replied Don. Taking a bullet to the vest and having a gun, let alone two, pointed at him really didn’t do Don’s mood any favours.

“You tried to kill me.” Ben’s voice was just a touch above a whine.

“Stop being so dramatic; if I wanted you dead, you would’ve been ages ago,” said Don, pressing more firmly against the wound in his arm, wishing he’d worn a tie today so he could have used it as a bandage.

LOL! I love Donnie! Fantastic story, I absolutely loved it, *sigh* this is the way it should've happened on the show. They should hire you to be the new writer. Magnificent story.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 2 . 1/2/2008
Don complied: “Everything’s all good in here, Megan.”

Megan knew Alan and Charlie were standing behind her; their reflection could be seen in the flat-screen if she squinted hard enough. They were close enough to hear the dialogue, but kept a respectable distance from the SWAT leader Tim King and Colby. At Don’s words, Megan distinctly heard Alan sigh. If she had to guess, she would say it was because of Don’s ability to describe a hostile situation, such as the one he was in at the moment, as ‘all good’.

Hahaha. I can see the lecture from Alan now. Oh, yes, "all is good" when trapped in an elevator with a psychotic gunman. And I loved the ending:

Damn. Wasn’t I in this position last week?

Fantastic chapter, I love the story. And I hope Donnie will be okay.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Hey!” protested Alan as his sons and Megan grinned. “I’m a very easy-going person. What do you mean, ruthless?”

Realizing that other people were trying to meander their way through the group of four to get into the neglected elevator, they moved a few steps away towards the front doors and the security standpoint.

“Ruthless? Never, Dad,” answered Don. “Except for, you know… marriage.”

“Grandkids,” offered Charlie.

“Taking some days off…,”

“Grandkids,” supplied Charlie again, helpfully.

LOL. I love Charlie repeatedly saying Grandkids. I would've wanted Don in the elevator too. Although, I am a bigger Charlie whumper, then a Don whumper. But I do love the occasional Don whump. Fantastic chapter, I love how Don introduced himself to the killer. Magnificent story. :)
supergirl3684 chapter 3 . 1/1/2008
great chapter! Loved the last line! :D
supergirl3684 chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
great chapter! Poor Don...having a gun pointed at him twice!
zomish chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
Yeah! This is definatly a much better version for this episode. I really wish the show would do a little more to whump Don (not that I want to hurt him, but...

Can't wait for the New Years fiction (hopefully)!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 2 . 12/29/2007
This was so not my favorite episode, but it could have been if they had let you write it. It worked much better with Don in the elevator. I have nothing against David, but this just cried out for Don. You did a great job of switching the dialouge and putting Megan in charge. Very well done.

Watching the show, I was shocked to see the lobby filled with FBI, SWAT and LAPD, all in full tactical gear, pointing their guns at the elevator, not sure what to expect when it opened. And, there, standing by himself, with no protection was Charlie!

Makes you wonder, where was Don's head at and where was Alan?Obviously, you noticed that as well.

Anyway, great job with the story. Glad to hear you have another one in the wings. I'll be watching for it.
thebondgirl chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
a great finish to a satisfying fic :) - well done!

can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
ALEO chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
Good stuff!

Loved Don's dry humour and matter of fact thoughts. It was funny when he missed the drama of two guns pointed at him whilst he poked at the hole in his sleeve. Some things just take precedence.

You stayed close enough the episode to be the same story, just changed the lead character to who it should have been all along and modified what was said to sound in character with Don as the hostage and Megan negotiating.

I think the ending with Ben being arrested at the lift was better too. In the episode the way David walked Ben away smacked very strongly of Stockholm Syndrome which seemed a little too strong given the time frame and David's training.

Next time I see the episode I'll be thinking of this re-work.

Cheers

(PS: I had a typo in my last review, I meant that Megan and COLBY have both had hospital visits!)
Sarai chapter 3 . 12/28/2007