Reviews for A Past in Conkram
Hooked chapter 7 . 1/22/2012
Please Finish the story. I was so into it that i didn't even realize it wasn't finished until i reached chapter seven. please finish it for a die hard legaia fan!
Serpentdragon chapter 7 . 12/19/2011
Okay, so I just read through all the chapters and this is a great story. I love the way you have connected everything. Not to mention I like the subtle joke about Jette's cloning skill. I would love to see more.
Etoras chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
This story is amazing. I like the topic you picked within the game. It really fills a hole in the storyline that should have been filled already. I also like how you gave characters that didn't have very big roles in the game bigger parts in the story. Berserker was one of my favorite bosses so I'm glad it makes an appearance. The writing is very well done. I would like to see how it ends. )
Anthony chapter 6 . 5/16/2010
Wow. This is really good! I just read non-stop through all six chapters, and the only thing I can think is how I want more! Please continue this great story ASAP! :-)
Barako chapter 6 . 7/10/2008
Oh, a lot is starting to happen at once!

I loved that sarcastic line of Jette's about seducing Cort, even though it's not a Cort/Jette fic (it isn't, right?) you still slipped in a little suggestive subtext there x3

The whole fiasco with the Delilases is really interesting as well. Honestly, Zeto creeps me out, I hope Lu will be alright.

I'm enjoying watching Cort's slow descent into madness... man, it's creepy as hell, but you're depicting it very well. I also like that Jette is now getting a bigger role, you never really saw much of his character in the game, and I'm liking hearing more about him.

Keep up the great work!
Mrs. Abject chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
I enjoyed the engagement scene, or lack thereof, haha. It really shows how detached Cort is becoming from anything other than his research. He's not caring about his friend's family problems, he's not caring about his other friend getting engaged, he just wants to get back to science. And that was awesomely written in the scene where he's just going through the motions of being there and saying things. Gi's reaction to everything was very good, too- the swearing fit was totally appropriate here. And the subplot works amazingly with the main plot, and I love it when that happens. You've managed to interweave the Delilases and their issues into Cort's obsession into Cort and Jette's conversation- and it's also being well developed how Cort is relying on Jette.

Great setup for the existance of a fifth column.

Great setup for a bigger role for Jette.

Caught a few typos here and there, but that's pretty much it for criticisms. This chapter was awesome and long and awesomely long.
Mrs. Abject chapter 5 . 5/25/2008
Good chapter! I'm getting the sense that Cort's losing quite a bit of stability over his research... and of course dragging anyone else down with him. Jette was very well-written in this chapter, I got the sense that he's got a better grip on reality than most of these people do, what with him being shocked and everything. And the little personal dramas going on at even the most serious moments, I really like them too. It's just so human that Gi's going to be glaring at Zeto even when Serious Plot Business is going on.

Not sure how I felt about Cort's fit, though. It seemed a little bit out of place. Yes, he was that excited, but him talking like that seems a little bit off, still. And it struck me as a little strange that some characters who in previous chapters seemed to repulse Cort were now on the "closest friends" list.

But overall, it was an excellent chapter. Short but sweet, although I wouldn't have minded it a little longer if that's what you felt like doing. :D
Demonsaintdante chapter 4 . 2/24/2008
This is a very good story and being a fan of L.O.L. I am glad to see this. Keep going with the work.
Barako chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Oh, I'm really really liking this story so far! I especially enjoyed the drunken antics of the wise men (and woman), heheheh. XD

Your characterization is ridiculously awesome, and on top of that, a story about Cort's coming to create the Mist and all that has been way overdue _ Thank you for writing this, I can't wait to read more!
Mrs. Abject chapter 4 . 1/2/2008
Very believable with the theory and the science and such. I also like how you're showing that Cort is going in the crazy/obsessive direction, but you're being subtle about it and not making him completely insane right away.

The growing wings line was pretty rad, too.
Mrs. Abject chapter 3 . 1/2/2008
Nice way to introduce Rogue, and seeing the characters drunk did not disappoint. Also, you're doing a great job of setting up the conflicts within the group, what with Lu and Gi and Zeto. This is getting interesting!
Mrs. Abject chapter 2 . 12/24/2007
I like how this is coming along! At the risk of sounding repetitive, you're still writing the characters wonderfully as they come along. Looking forward to the next chapter, and the implied future drunken antics. :D
Mrs. Abject chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
I'm enjoying this so far. You do a great job of characterization- I mean, everyone sees the characters and their relationships differently, since it wasn't shown very much how they interacted in Conkram, but the way you have them act around each other is very believable. (I especially like your Lu.) Keep going with this!