Reviews for Rising Phoenix
Iceheart123 chapter 4 . 6/23/2011
I loved this story. It keeps everyone in character and it could pass for an actual episode from A:TLA. It's funny and sweet.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 6 . 6/17/2011
I love this! What a great AU! Much as I love Firebending Masters, I was a little disapointed we didn't get to see more of Zuko's actual training of Aang and whether or not Zuko ever learned to make lightning so I really enjoyed seeing this story be about all of that.

I also love how each chapter ties in with an element including metal/steel for Sokka and spirit for Iroh. I teared up at this Iroh/Zuko reunion almost as much as the one in the show, and I love the moment when he realized the true meaning of the phoenix rising form. Though I would have liked to have seen that monster hug Iroh gave Zuko here as well, Iroh seemed a little too subdued in the reunion, but I loved the line about "tea with his new nieces and nephews" nonetheless.

So fantastic job on this fic, even though its years after you first wrote it. I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Vi-Violence chapter 6 . 5/3/2011
This is really great.
CrayonsPink chapter 6 . 12/16/2010
This was amazing! I LOVED it. :)
Thomson chapter 6 . 9/3/2010
This is great! Awesome job!
cuzimaw3som317 chapter 6 . 8/21/2010
I love the entire thing. I must admit that I like the Zuko and Iroh Reunion better in the cartoon world, but this was still awesomist.
twounderscorethreefour chapter 6 . 8/11/2010
This is amazing. It deserves at least three hundred reviews. I'm like, not even sucking up to you. I'm just so impressed. Your writing is beyond excellent and your characterization is flawless. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were taking it all straight from the show itself. It's like an elaboration of what happened during The Western Air Temple arc. All of it was just... fantastic. KEEP WRITING FOREVER.
Ignus R chapter 6 . 6/26/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this one!
AstonishedOwl chapter 5 . 5/16/2009
Okay. First of all, I love this story and this chapter.

But I really, really couldn't stop giggling when Zuko was describing the post-lightning redirection symptoms.

It's just... now I've got this image of Zuko with smoking hands suddenly going green and puking over the side of the war balloon.

But seriously. I love how Katara comes to heal Zuko, especially since there's some lingering anger there. It keeps them in-character, and THAT is better than any lovey-dovey auto-forgive.

Love this story to pieces. Great writing, and keep it up~
Scamporeo chapter 6 . 1/7/2009
I really liked this story! I always wondered how the gaang acted when Zuko first joined them. Great Job!
Viva-la-Spoon chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
That was one of the best Avatar fanfics I've ever read. Zuko's development and the way his mastery of the Rising Phoenix mirrored his acceptance into the group just blew me away. Wow.
Affinitive chapter 6 . 6/18/2008
I really, really enjoyed this. I've gotta say, as much as I love Zutara fics, I love these friendship and character growth ones just as much. Watching the gang accepting Zuko in their own ways was amazing, and you kept your character IC. So kudos to you(:
Yersi Fanel chapter 6 . 5/20/2008
I must said, this story was really fantastic, I love Zuko's spirit evolution, the change, and all the way to the final point was wonderful, great work.
Vellor The Ancient chapter 6 . 2/14/2008
I'm not much of one for Avatar fanfiction, but this one is really good.

Hope you keep it up.
Mersang chapter 2 . 2/3/2008
“Humor? That’s not standard issue for Fire Nation boys. If we laugh we might—um—actually be mistaken for human beings.”

LOVE that line!

When Toph said 'Cousin Feng' I thought for a second that she meant Long Feng, and got quite creeped out.

Yeah, Zuko should be 'Sunshine'. *snicker* I think /Azula/ should be nicknamed 'Sparky.'

And Zuko really is stubborn as an earthbender. No wonder he was able to blend in in the Earth Kingdom.

What's happened to Haru, the Duke, and Teo? They seem to be ... not here.
106 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »