Reviews for One Of Them
EmeraldFire512 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
I agree with you. I always thought Snape would have seen some of himself as a teenager in Luna. Love the story!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Funny old world, isn't it? Ollivander survived and flourished. Luna survived and flourished. All the Malfoys survived and flourished.

But the one DE who cared about Luna and Ollivander did not.

After all, Rowling hates him, and that's the only thing that matters. She likes the Malfoys. What an interesting set of priorities...

In fact, Snape would have been better off, I think, if he hadn't cared.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
I usually don't oversee extraordinary Snape-centric fic. This was one of them, sadly, but I found it after all, so that's okay. I very much liked the encounter and especially Luna's comments. Oh my, I like the girl. (-:
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Oh, Luna. I liked the Dobby bit there. Good beat. Nice dialogue. And...Ollivander used his catchphrase.
ophelia-complex chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
ooh, i liked that ]
Asterix Tutnix chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I liked this one-shot!

"The cell was small, cold and cheerless. And from someone who lived in a dungeon with pickled animals in jars for most of his life ‘cheerless’ was saying something." - Exactly!

"The old man had to be losing his mind. He was at least as old as Dumbledor…had been." - I loved the way how you managed to give hints about the constant sadness or reget Snape feels about having had to kill DD.

Thanks for posting this!
Fmh chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Very good I love their interactions please write more about these two or about other characters
Aimael chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I really liked this story! You pictured Snape wonderfully, which, in my eyes, are quite remarkable . Just as soon as I think I've figured him out, he turns into someone else. Anyway, you kept everyone IC, good "plot", if you could call it that, well written. The only thing that was in the story and didn't give anything was Draco's sudden appearence. Besides, shouldn't he have been at Hogwarts? Otherwise, wonderful!

Aimael
petites sorcieres chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
I like it -THat's a good idea to xrite such a one shot. I can actually imagine Luna acting like that -
Ormandria chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
VERY well done! Kudos to you! I love the way you kept everyone at the exact brink between the personality changes that were occuring to these major characters at the time. Even Draco seemed at the edge of subdued and he only had one line. But it fit with the book perfectly.
shyfoxling chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
This is a pretty good Luna: a little odd without being really over the top as some people write her. “No, sir. You’ll get found out and if you aren’t at Hogwarts no one will control the Carrows.” and "You aren't really one of them; It wasn’t a question, it was a fact" are particularly good expressions of her penetrating perceptions.

Snape is also well portrayed, although I'm not sure he'd do anything with as obvious bad consequences as giving them an unauthorized Porkey. He'd think it through more than that, I think. But his grim determination for protecting these people and the small touch of transfiguring the food into something edible are right.

A few picks:

"crumple-horned snort rags"

If this is a deliberate error (i.e. Severus doesn't quite know what Luna calls them since they don't exist), ok, but you might want to add "...or whatever it was she called them" to make it clear that this misspelling is on purpose.

"muggleborn" should be capitalized.

“Willow, 13 inches, very bendable.”

*chuckles* Of course Ollivander always does this. It's his way of saying "hello". Heh. As for Snape's wand, we aren't told what it is in canon so it's fine to make something up, but there's some movie-canon to the effect that it's ebony, since that's what JKR approved for the movie prop.

“Take this, and get out of Briton."

Britain.

“Uncle Severus?”

M. I dunno. While I suppose there has been a reasonably close relationship between Snape and the Malfoys, if this is ever appropriate (the idea that Snape is Draco's godfather or something is only fanon), I doubt Draco would be saying it in this situation. Wouldn't he just say "Professor" or "Headmaster"?
Marna Christianna chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I really liked this. I think you did a good job.
mioneweasley-witch chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
This is a really good oneshot, I hope you write more Snape fanfics in the future. I think the characters were in character (lol) and the interaction between Luna and Snape was great! I can't believe this is your first fanfic! Thanks for such a great piece of writing!

MioneWeasley_Witch
Jente Bidernais chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I like it. "You aren't really one of them." That's just SO Luna. I would like to give constructive critisicm, but I can't seem to find anything at all. Except, that Snape wouldn't storm out angrily, in my oppinion. But that's just my idea...

Anyways, if this is your first fanfiction I'd love to read all the stories to come!
Wondering What Breakfast Is chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Wow! That was fantastic! That was really... Wow.

I loved this so much. I'm such a Snape fangirl, and you really showed him as a good guy. I was hoping someone would!

This is extremely well written for ANY fanfic, first or a hundred and first. I never would've thought of this. Brilliant.

Keep writing. You do it very well.

Wondering What Breakfast Is