Reviews for Baring Fangs at Fate
Manny chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
To keep it short and sweet, this is one of the best fanfics Ive ever read! It had all the drama and excitement of Episodes and was very well written. Keep up the good work!
Firen chapter 1 . 12/3/2001
WOW. This is so great! You really have the spirit of Lodoss with this story, something I think that other writers (like myself!) are still struggling to get. I really hope you write more. Phrases like "the bottom fell out of his equilibrium" are just excellent. And I love that it has the makings of a great epic, but it is still so realistic. Like when Eodric tells himself not to romanticize Beatrice's plight... perfect! Please continue!
Firen chapter 1 . 12/2/2001
Hi! I haven't read this whole thing yet, but I would like to say that what I've read is fantastic. Great title. Excellent dialog. You really have a great writing style - clear, fluid, attention-capturing. (I really like the part about Jack - going to length to describe an idyllic setting only to contrast it with what he thinks. Very effective!). I promise to come back and read the rest of the chapter, but I wonder are you going to write more on this? It's excellent. -your fellow Lodoss fan
Brian chapter 1 . 9/8/2001
First of all I salute you for doing an original. Most people are not intrigued by originals, but I am not most people :). I love originals. Interesting plot, very interesting plot. There is certainly alot to read hear so Ill get the rest later on. To tell you the truth ya kind of lost me. The story didn't go indepth enough to catch me. There wasn't enough description. You should of had the times at the military camp be more linear and to the plot; something like the three main characters sitting around a camp fire, partially reminiscing or something of the sort(Jack in a sparing session would have got the audience's attention more than just what went on in the part we missed). Your knowledge (dunno maybe you just made it up, but it sounds great anyway) is quite great. Your poetry and metaphorical practice is also quite well put: "shreads of sleep still clinging to his eyes" sounds original, intelligent, and rather witty. You should have emphasized Jack and his inner thoughts a bit more. This helps the readers to get attached and (if you don't mind me saying[trust me, im just saying, im not gay or anything]) fall in love with the main character ::vomits::.

If your feeling up to it you should read and review the story below yours (make fun of it and LEAVE ME A REVIEW SAYING "YOU SUCK!". After all, future great authors should tell eachother how much they suck.