Reviews for Yes, Scranton, There Is A Dunder Mifflin Christmas
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I love Office talking head stories! And this one was really funny! :)

My favorite was Toby in the reindeer sweating with Michael (I think it was) screaming, "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!" I could see Michael doing that :D

And Kelly singing "All I Want For Christmas (Is You)" and Ryan laughing at it.

And Jim advising everyone to sign out of Amazon after making their orders was pretty golden for me, since I go on Amazon all the time!

Nice work! :)
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
I realized that I didn't review this one. Yeah, I can't sleep because I hurt myself playing ultimate frisbee and it's too painful. Not because I normally injure myself playing hippie games, but I spent the last month sitting in the backs of various trucks/SUVs/vans/minivans and all my muscles have atrophied. I'm probably in about as good of shape as Rainn Wilson right now.

Anyway, Dwight's Christmas wish will be my Christmas wish for this year.
Da Phoenix 13 chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
OK, so I've definitely spent the last day or so reading all your Office stories, and I have to say I absolutely love them! You do such a good job recreating the characters, and the absurd situations are definitely the same kind of thing that would happen on the actual show! I could so see these being episodes on the real TV show... your stories and my DVDs are the only Office fix I can get until the show comes back in April! So I would just like to say something encouraging like "kudos," and "job well done," and "zip-a-dee-doo-dah." XD But seriously, awesome stuff! Keep writing ;)

~Da Phoenix~
Emily92 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
That was hilarious; I really liked Michael, Kelly, and Jim's parts.
Dina C chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Good effort, HJ. I liked it. Thought you captured the essence of the characters in each brief snippet. Excellent.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Gah! Sorry for the late review Jack! Really, I read this the instant it showed up in my inbox, lmao-ed like a moron obsessed with im acronyms, stuck the little reminder email in a folder because I was running late, and... forgot.

Anyway. I'm here now. Hmm. I think my favorites would have to be Stanley and Ryan. And then Jim, after I looked up that Mapplethorpe guy (it quickly jumped to the top- a touch of genius, albeit, one that very few people will get. XD). Do you see my devotion Jack- I wikipedia things for you!

I quite enjoyed Toby too (although I am now incapable of thinking of Charlie Brown without bloody sword fights, courtesy of Kill Bill, or Toby without that teacher at my school who looks EXACTLY LIKE HIM. It's creepy. My friends agree.). I wonder what seemingly well meaning person gave him that sweater...

Dwight is excellent too. I love how he considers massacre a triviality compared to Battlestar Galactica. Although my dad might go along with him on that one, considering the vast amount of bad sci-fi novels that are clogging his bookcases... they all have some variation of the same semi-naked semi-woman wielding some weapon-thing on the cover.

A sex tape of Danny DeVito. Oh, the halcyon days of Matilda are long gone... and existence without nausea. Bleck. Please, please tell me that there is no such thing. O_o

And I am very, very glad that you are writing again, and having fun doing it. Nothing brightens my office-less day like a new Jack story, I must say. And I can tell when you're enjoying yourself- the writing might not be as polished, but it's... freer, maybe? Whatever. It's better. XD So don't feel guilty.

Happy imminent 2008! The year of curvy numbers! Yay!
maddikinz940 chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
LOL so frikin hilarious. I liked JIm's and Andy's
maybe.forever.xx chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Ha, Merry Christmas to you too!

- Kare
Cousin Mose chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Jack, it's like you're in the Dunder-Mifflin batting cages, and every time a ball is tossed at you, you just knock it out of the park!

Wow...

Yeah, I'll happily be attached to this story, because every single one of these talking heads was 100% perfect. And, since we have this habit of assigning winners to fics, I'm going to give this one to Darryl. I know he didn't say anything, but trust me: you wrote more comedy into Darryl's silence than a lot of writers can cram into thousands of words. (And of course, Kelly's bad Mariah Carey impersonation didn't hurt.)

And what can be said about Toby? Why do I get the feeling he tried to drown himself in the bowl of egg nog as soon as the cameras stopped rolling on him? Pure brilliance.

Excellent almost shout out to Steve Martin's immortal holiday wish from Michael. Poor Michael. Is there a quote he can ever get right?

Jack, you've done it again, and I only wish I'd thought of something like this myself. This is the perfect Christmas gift, and it's still Festivus!

Have a good one.