Reviews for Sometimes the Darkness Wins
SamaStar chapter 2 . 2/7/2008
I love your story so far.

Thanks for the great read

Sama
prolixmay chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
This was an amazing fic, I simple loved it.

You really did capture both the brother's emotions and it just played out beautifully. The tone and the words were great, I could really imagine how both the brothers would talk, do gestures and how they would feel and whatnot.

My favorite aspect about this fic was the fact that you had taken the whole Meg ordeal and stretched it to its limits. The way you had made Sammy feel so bad and mad and just hopeless. I loved it how you made Dean care so much, how he knew something was wrong with his little Sammy, how he just wanted him back, how he just knew how and what Sammy did when he was furious or how sammy felt.

This is simply a great fic, the emotions, the detail, the tonal value, everything!

GOOD JOB
milkyway22 chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
I noticed after that first flashback that when Dean first came in he set down a bag of takeout and Sam asked him about a waitress. Dean also says “You’re not going to eat, are you?”

So I assume that that was food.

Then when their fighting Sam says something about going to get a cheeseburger?

Then when Sam is in the shower Dean thinks that maybe he should go get some dinner?

Then after Sam gets out of the shower and their about to talk he takes the takeout bag.

So I'm a little confused.

Ah again after their talk and Sam references South Park Dean says he'll go get dinner again.

Okay so the last time he actually says that the takeout is cold and throws it away as he's going to go get more.

Other than that I enjoyed it. It had some major emotional scenes but in the flashbacks and in the present. I could clearly hear both brother's voices in my head and knew that this was something they would say at the same time.

It was quite heart wrenching to read really on both Sam and Dean's part. You really got me inside their head and I knew exactly how they felt.

Excellent job. :)
Sunrize chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Good job on this. You've got a really good handle on the characters and their voices. I especially enjoyed the way you used Sam's almost OCD neatness to explain his reaction to a lack of control. Very clever!

I've been struggling with my own post-BUABS fic, so it was good to read your take on things. Hopefully it will give me a needed jump start on mine!
Nessie chapter 2 . 1/15/2008
I always wondered how Sam would feel after he was possessed and how Dean dealt with it. Now I know. It had to be hard not to be in control of your own body! Great story...and I love those brotherly moments...I get never sick of it!
Landwing chapter 2 . 1/13/2008
This was good. No, it doesn't end with a nice, everything-will-be-okay theme, but I think it ends right anyhow. It was a terrible ordeal for Sam, and he can still see the after-effects in himself and his brother. It's not something he can just roll up, shove in a duffle, and throw in the trunk. It's going to take some dealing with, and the fact that there's so little time for dealing with anything in their world adds an extra element of stress. It's very interesting to see, and you did a good job handling it. Well done.
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 1/13/2008
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story with us.

You did a wonderful job writing the brothers and capturing their voices. I could just picture the 2 J's saying the lines, (which is always a nice image.) As I read your story, I felt sorry for Sam and told him to listen to his big brother, but Sam is Sam.

There was so much pain in this story as Sam worried about how Meg had used his body.

I like how Dean knew why Sam was cleaning the motel room and his computer, trying to regain control of his life again.

The ending was good. Sam was still hurting, but was starting to heal because of Dean's faith in him.

You did a wonderful job on your tag.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
princess peanut chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
I am always at such a loss for words after reading your fics. And that's a good thing. Because words like awesome, great, brilliant, heartbreaking; they just don't cut it. But this was all of thoose things. My heart bled for both boys.

I love how you showed that Sam was having issues with making sure he was back 'in control'. Cause I would think if something like that happened, you'd be feeling exactly that way. That was perfect. And I loved how you had Dean push and be the greatest big brother that he is. As usual you have their voices just perfect.

This story was really emotional. And of course I am such a sucker for that. Oh and those happy endings you wrap up with so perfectly.

Okay, I'll quit babbling now. Great fic. I give ya a standing ovation!
irismay42 chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
That was a great ending! Loved how you contrasted Sam's boredom when Dean wasn't around with Dean's in the same situation. And Sam's welcome to come and tidy my house next time he finds himself at a loose end!

I think the bittersweet ending was perfect - not exactly happy (after all, Sam's last nightmare would be pretty terrifying for him), but at least offering him a little hope.

Good job, well done!
carocali chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
Oh! Such wonderful angst and horror! Just enough limp to get by, but the days of Sam's possession are filtering through to his conscious mind. Poor thing! What did he do? What did she do WITH his body?

"Hazel eyes were slowly revealed behind heavy eyelids and Sam blinked sluggishly before his eyes opened wide. Abruptly, Sam scrambled backwards and his eyes darted about the room. His breathing quickened and his words came out in panting gasps, “What did I miss?”

“Other than your Southern Belle, Scarlett O’Hara impersonation? Nothing. You were out less than five minutes.” Dean edged closer to his brother. Sam’s wide eyes and panting breaths had not calmed and Dean reached out a hand to squeeze his little brother’s shoulder. “Sam, you didn’t miss anything. Nothing happened.”"

First off, fun reference to the episode. Second, how amazing of Dean to not only lighten the moment, but then - in an instant - figure out EXACTLY why Sam was so freaked out! Awesome!

Wonderful piece of writing. I'm so glad you found the time to complete it!

:D

Caroline
IheartSam7 chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
That was all kinds of awesome! More sick Sammy please :)
calcium77 chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
I liked it. It was a good episode but I wanted to see Sam feel guilty for what he did.

Great job!
sendintheclowns chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
You hit all the right notes for me in this fic. And having Sam turn OCD was a stroke of genius...I have to agree with Dean when he realizes it's Sam's attempt at being in control of something after a week without it.

Of course I'm sad that the story is complete because I could have read chapters of the brothers trying to move past the Meg incident. But I'll take what I can get and thank you for sharing this one with us!
banana4dean chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
This is so good Trasan, but the end sort of just left me hanging. It's like there's a promise of a sequel or something, hee :)
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
hun you are no where near the slowest author but you are one of the best! I mean it hun, you've got some seriuosly amazing stuff x

no problem, lol i think Xeia will be proud of how well thois has turned out and be thankful for the amount of time and effort you put into it x

i appreciate your hard work hun x

LOVED IT!