Reviews for Close Call
Ica44 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Curse those darn hiccups! But I loved the story! Great little piece.
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
lol... so close!

loved it!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Yay, a classic evade and escape, hurt and comfort story:-)

"The motel room was ugly. Seedy and dirty and cheap."

This so makes me think of that hotel in ‘Red’, even though Logan’s company almost makes it worth a stay.

“Can you take off your shirt?”

“Most men at least buy me dinner first,” she quietly teased. “I thought you were a romantic, Logan.”

“Nope, not me. I’m just a guy willing to mop up the blood. Now strip. I promise I won’t look,” he assured her with dry sincerity as he played along and tried not to show his concern about the waver in her voice."

Of course I had to quote this, such a perfect combination of banter on the surface and worry and attraction underneath.

I really like to see Max relax, how the act of cleaning a wound becomes comforting when it’s done by Logan and how it breaks down the distance between them, almost leading to more...

"Logan suppressed his emotions while Max suppressed her hiccups, and by the time she finished drinking, they were both under control. "

Love the ending (even prefer it to a fluffy one), can just see them struggling to get their emotions under control again.
ion bond chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
M, nice. You're a tease.

I always wonder what Logan's thinking when he shoots at people; it was interesting to see him considering Max's bullet hole.
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Love it! The typical M/L banter is perfect (-...“Most men at least buy me dinner first,” she quietly teased. “I thought you were a romantic, Logan." “Nope, not me. I’m just a guy willing to mop up the blood. Now strip. I promise I won’t look ... ) - ah, really love this, definitely my favorite part.

The hiccup made me laugh (and at the same time I wanted to throw a cushion at you :-P). Okay - gotta admit interupting them there, at this very moment was a perfect way to keep it S1 and UST. ;-)

THANKS, and MERRY CHRISTMAS, Lisa!
RT4ever chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Haha. Oh man it’s 12:30 at night and I’m cracking up. Of course two seconds before that I was thinking, man I’m glad I didn’t read this before Christmas or I would have been sad all day from tossing my computer across the room!

Haha of course it you saw the complete and total shock on my face when I realized I had a story (because apparently I forgot that was supposed to happen) and the ‘oh crap why didn’t anyone tell me, I’m the group airhead, I need gentle nudging reminders.’ It was so cool! Like I seriously TOTALLY forgot.

Oh man, now how to start my real review. First off, laughter and panic and making Griever pinky swear no one was going to die all within the first few seconds (can’t say the word angst then go into blood seepage and not have me panic).

I love how you created this balance of laughter, worry and tenderness. I also love how you made me consider what’s a little bullet wound compared to MW touching you. :-P

Um back on track…’ I think I should be insulted’ and ‘Yeah, you never know when somebody is going to shoot at you. I learned that the hard way’ the great ML banter and quips during a potentially serious time.

Then…::Sigh::…Logan…::Sigh::…Man you’re lucky you made it hiccups or I would have tracked you down and chucked my laptop at you. But instead I’m laughing my ass off. I’d really though the Max human was just the reaction to the pain…The hiccups…Seriously. Best interruption EVER.

You ended my Christmas with a smile. You completely and totally rock! Thank you!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Is it cheating to peek & review before the recipient has a chance to get here first? I was waiting for the giftees to respond before reviewing the posted stories, but see I'm in good company for not waiting 'til Mia gets here!

Cool use of the prompts, and such a nice, connected moment between them... good for Max to see that Logan can take care of her (as we saw just a couple rare times in the show!) And as I already told you, I think my favorite line in the witty (and trying-not-to-show-worry) dialogue is Logan's:

“Nope, not me. I’m just a guy willing to mop up the blood..."

(and both times I've quoted it to you I've purposefully left off the next line which fits perfectly in pacing & humor, "Now strip." But I've left it off because the strip line overshadows how cool just his one line is, "I’m just a guy willing to mop up the blood." Not reading any deep angsiness into it, just sounds like a Logany, self-deprecating line to help hide his worry...)

The dialogue is great, the connection between them nice, and the interruption (not another gunshot after all!) is silly and fun. Nice gift! Thanks for sharing with us all.
oijh chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
loved it
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Oh Lisa, that was LOVELY! MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

"She looked distinctly awkward, he had a blush lingering on his cheeks and the back of his neck, and they both avoided eye contact with each other."

So nice to wake up to this...

Intense, sweet, very in character!

(...again I'm secretely at the computer...don't rat me...)
Griever11 chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Oh oh, this is so wonderful. Mia is lucky. :P LUCKY.

Loved the dialogue in this, Logan being worried as usual and Max pretending to be the tough soldier. So many sweet moments, the tension building up only to be so horribly interrupted by hiccups.

Sorry if this review sucked ass :P Just know that I LOVED this, and that I don't want coals in my stoking...

Merry Christmas!
lisa316 chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Not bad.

It seemed like there shold have been a back story about how Logan had tracked down a blond who matched Jondy's description. In retrospect, they should have known that an x-5 would never leave a trail like that, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise that Lydecker was waiting for Max. They had wanted it to be true so they got careless...

I bet something like that was deleted out at the last minute, huh. Think anybody will miss it?

Oh well, like you said, she can always re-gift it.