Reviews for Alexandra Quick and the Thorn Circle
HappyFace861 chapter 13 . 6/16
I really dont like how Alexandra is so set back from everyone else
HappyFace861 chapter 11 . 6/16
the very end gives me flashbacks to when harry was accusing snape of everything when it was quirall
astolfo83 chapter 28 . 6/13
I've just finished my second time through this story, and starting my reread of the series. I am profoundly moved by the intricately of Alexandra's thoughts and actions, motivations and fears that you paint. I see some of my self reflected in her and greatly appreciate the journey she is on. I hope that you continue writing and finish it.
My thanks!
Nick
alexandrathorn chapter 1 . 4/17
omg she's a psycho idiot
kissa13 chapter 29 . 4/10
This was so good! I cannot believe i haven't heard of your series before but at least now i have lots of stuff to read. I loved the characterization and the worldbuilding, the little quirks of american culture and school life (standardized tests lol) and you seriously have me torn on the dean. On one hand i'm in love but on the other dammit woman why are you working with children? Anyways, when i find a story like yours i always marvel at the fact that fanfic is free and you're doing this in your free time.
theofoz chapter 29 . 2/29
I almost wish this weren’t a fanfiction so you could publish it independently, but am happy I have stumbled across it. Great plot, great repurposing of JKR’s world, and lively characters. Great to have a female protagonist, and such a well-articulated one! Thanks
Majerus chapter 6 . 2/28
Uhm, so... none of them did anything with their wands?
No sparks, no wind, nothing - even when they 'flourshed' them?
So, well... what exactly made him know it was the right wand since not one of the kids gave any indication - even Alexandra in first person?

Huh, interesting concepts abounding here, lots to digest and imagine even more impact on the future story.
Majerus chapter 5 . 2/28
"
She guessed that Ms. Grimm must have had some way of knowing that Alexandra was alone in the house, and that no one outside the house would hear her "message." But the irony of such noisy magic being used to scold her for one quiet little charm that no one else could possibly have noticed had her simmering with indignation.
"
Oh crap, this girl! She's completely oblivious to the concept of learning from her mistakes, let alone to the very idea of shame :p

Huh, an interesting group of kids. I like the concept the Ozarkers :)
Majerus chapter 4 . 2/28
I thought for a moment that "Besides Witch Apple" was a type of pie, not
Besides "Witch Apple" pie
I was contemplating how it would make something 'beside' (or besides?) a witch and... then I figured it out :p

It's odd that you chose to go with Muggles instead of No-Maj.

The Dean seems fairly antithetical to Dumbledore. I'm hoping that this is a good thing.
majere4 chapter 3 . 2/28
Oh shite... Well, if she hadn't lost her friends before this, I'm sure that disappearing wall not make things any better.
majere4 chapter 2 . 2/28
Craaaaaap!
majere4 chapter 1 . 2/28
I've wondered over here at the recommendation of the Sinister Man (I highly recommend his story, "HP and the Prince of Slytherin").
This was a very intriguing opening. Looking forward to more :-)
b.arthur.gilmore chapter 29 . 2/18
Thank you for such a good read. I love what you've done with the Fidulus Charm, you think like a wizard. On the topic of the magic system of harry potter, I would like to note that food cannot be conjured or transfigured, according to Gamps Fifth Law, as described in the seventh book of the original series. It's a mostly minor detail, but it did pull me out of the story for a bit.
Please do readers the courtesy of noting in the summary that these fics actually have nothing at all to do with Harry Potter, only the fanfic universe of the same name. I feel...duped.
Needlepaws chapter 23 . 12/24/2019