Reviews for pity
Plastic Roses chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Wow. This was awesome!
now untouched chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Oy - and here I thought Mrs. Lovett was no more than a woman pining after the impossibility of love existing between two completely different, yet equally twisted souls. I was taken with her as well, but stripping away her schoolgirl-esque infatuation with Mr. Todd gave her a whole new motherly appeal to me. This was a wonderful read.
unamuerte chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
I love that you pack in so much meaning with so few words. Yours isn't a version of Mrs Lovett giggling and being swooped up into Mr T's arm's every time she gets a bloody papercut - I can see her as you write her - and I'm glad there's this calibre of fanfiction floating around. It was worth hunting for!
the tomato chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
i had the urget to clap at the end. no spelling or grammer snaffus that i can tell and your flow was good if not lovely

have a lovely non woman alone day
matissehearts chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
I am utterly in love with your writing style. This was beyond great. I am going to favorite this story!
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Oh, wow.

I /just/ finished watching Sweeny Todd, and I also loved Mrs. Lovett. And reading this makes me love the story, and Mrs. Lovett, even more. You are such an amazing writer and portrayed her so well. Everything was so smooth and the lines were an added touch that made it all bloom together.

This was so beautiful, omg. xD

Keep writing! :]
A Talentless Hack chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Fabulous. Love your take on her feelings for Toby and Sweeney- it's refreshing after piles of 'ZOMG i
de yaten chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Oh my. This has got to be one of the best (if not THE) Mrs. Lovett stories on FFN. Your writing style is very lyrical... it flows together quite nicely, and the added song lyrics (whether in italics or in the dialogue) don't sound as forced as they do in a lot of Sweeney/other musical stories. Extremely well written!
Amanda9 chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
I'm right with you - I've always loved Mrs. Lovett. Even since I first saw the broadway production of Sweeney Todd. She's one of those great characters - neither black nor white, a modern woman in an unmodern time. (I must be careful or I'll end up writing a thesis on her - years late for University).

Ah, but the point... I enjoyed this fic. I thought the foreshadowing was great. Lovely work.
Dawnie-7 chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Beautifully written. Just seen the movie today (loved it) and as much of a nutcase as Mrs. Lovetts turned out to be, how can you not feel for her eh?
Alex chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
I loved it! Mrs. Lovett is my favorite character as well. You did a fabulous job :)
PiffPoffSplash chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
I enjoyed this quite a bit. The writing really fit the story/ character and really made you feel pity for Mrs. Lovette. Good job.
Kcc1 chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Cool i actually feell sorry for her...it was cool.
Raihu chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Ah, you are so amazing.

Beautiful, stunning, heartwrenching work with such a clever character, /such/ a morbid, hopeful woman. Your writing is like cake and ambrosia to begin with, but when you dress it up in all these dark trappings and ominous second-thoughts, well. How can anyone refuse?

I think you've done Mrs. Lovett justice; more than, you've extended that wonderful, skin-creeper feeling, the sort of multisensory cocktail that the musical loads into your head after the curtain's gone down. I thought it had faded completely, but you just woke it up again. And darling, that's a delicious treat.
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 12/24/2007