Reviews for A Taste of Intrigue
BlazeXxAyumiXx chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Aaawwwww I love Karura and toils they adorable (:
Rohobo chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Karura and Touka are two minor characters from an underappreciated anime. So imagine my pleasant surprise when I found a Karura/Touka fic, and, *gasp*, well written too.

The characters stayed in character, the dialogue was believable, the humor was witty, and the alcohol-induced yuri loving was cute, tender, and awesome.

Could Karura really goad Touka into binge drinking? It's hard to believe, but I'd like to think so. Plus it makes Touka that much cuter.

It would be awesome if this did become a multi-chaptered piece. (Just the morning after itself is worth reading about.) I understand that running Otenba takes precedent though. But if I get an email in 2012 saying that the best (well, only) Karura/Touka fanfic has been updated, I'd be pleasantly surprised once again.
RetardedFool chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
o...i can't wait to read more if possible
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I love your fic! You have accurately portrayed the personalities of both Karura and Touka. I also really enjoyed the drunk Touka as the anime displays other sides of Touka like her weakness for cute things (the two tailed fox thingy being the prime example), but never expands on it. Its also nice to see the table turned on Karura even if only for a few brief moments for once as she almost always seems to come up on top of both battles and conversations (not that I hate her or anything of course, infact shes one of my favorite characters).

All in all you seem to have a good base for a terrific story here with a yet untested relationship and a little regional unrest to push the story forwards a little. It would be a shame for you to leave it at this cause the number of high quality Utawarerumono fics is quite low. However whether to continue it or not is your decision and seeing how long ago it was made I guess your dont have any plans to continue it. But if you ever do, I'll definitely follow your updates (even if I keep forgetting to review). Good Luck!
L Boogie chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Honestly...I don't know how many times I've actually read this. Really, I find it to be an absolutely fantastic piece of fiction. Everything is as in character as I believe it should be, and somehow tells a story of how Touka could realistically get herself into such a position. And how...Karura is able to let them both give into it, but not let it get too heavy or deep.

It's absolutely fantastic and I want to applaud you for this.

Bravo.
Samuraixz chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
ha! that was awesome!

you should make another story about these 2 and it should be mature too!
Kurush Wuzurg chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Somebody is going to have a real hangover tomorrow. Can't wait to read to rest!
faberryjuice chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Loved reading this - seriously, you need to continue! This couple is just love, and I can't wait to read more! :D
Drew L chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Excellent story. I think you shoulder expand this into more chapters. You have the perfect set-up, complete with the appropriate character build-ups to continue this. I highly recommend it.
ALEXISSA2 chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
WOW! that was brilliant! and very intriguing, wishing it was more than a one-shot. Thanks for sharing and please write more about this couple, I'm a new fan so I want more. LOL
faeces chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Hey i really like your writing style. I've read lots of stories here and I find that so far your one of the only 3 authors whose writing whom i really really really enjoy. Especially the way you descrbie scenes. They are so precise that the images pop up in my head... I kinda hope you can continue this story, instead of making it a one shot.
Lord Rasler chapter 1 . 12/24/2007