Reviews for Empire of the Sun
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I admire the plot, thought, details, and all the like. The Taiyouko/Jason (Jadeite?) partnership is really good. On the other hand, I feel like with the inclusion of so many characters, half the cast get stiff armed and are shoved into supporting roles. Also, I'm not digging a Mako/Jadeite pairing at all. To me, she would seem to sensitive to his very brash personality.

Going back to Jason's "in limbo" scene, his brother tells him to tell his girl "sorry" and to watch out for her and tells him to seize the moment with his love, as he has actually gotten a second chance at happiness. I'm assuming Jake's girl is Ami and Jason's is Rei based on Ami's dreams? Their lovers during the SilMil were brothers, from the flashbacks and same last name.

Anyway, it seems as if the story stops here, which is a real shame. This is one of the more creative and original stories out there, and there are so many plotlines to close up. At this point, I'd even settle for a rough outline of how you wanted to end the story with who killed Mamoru's parents, who Taiyouko, Jason, Sun, and Mother are and their relation to everyone else. Kunzite is permanently dead, but is Michel/Nephrite? What about Zoicite and who is Ellyson (or is that supposed to be Z, being from Europe and whatnot)? So many questions that will unfortunately be left unanswered.
Marmar218 chapter 16 . 2/9
Omg please update! Im obsessed with this story it's soooooo good! Please please pleeeeaaaase update soon!
JemDragon84 chapter 11 . 6/12/2014
CONSPIRACY! Nice job with keeping us guessing. I want to take a guess that Jason was Jedite for those missing weeks. If I am right i am wondering if the others will show up. Great job, really. I am looking forward to how you tie everything up. I am curious about sailor sun and her "Mother" and why seems update that Mamoru is with the Princess. It seems there are 2 factions. I really hope you continue with this story line.
kimonomoon chapter 16 . 5/15/2013
A great story that I cannot wait to read. I wish you all the best with life and hope to be able to read this someday soon...
tomorrow4eva chapter 2 . 3/21/2013
Neptune's dream freaks me out after Rei's grandfather's thoughts.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Reading this for the second time. some of the stuff Jason says is really creepy in retrospect. I loved Makoto trying not to think about Minako & Artemis. And I love Taiyouku. She is awesome.
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 16 . 1/3/2013
I'm really enjoying this story. It has so much depth and detail and I'm just nearly bouncing up and down wondering about all the unanswered questions. I know full well about life and loss of the right voice getting in the way of working on a story, but I truly hope you do continue this at some point. Wonderful work!
tr22 chapter 16 . 8/11/2012
Not sure if your still on ff or continuing to write. But I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed this story. Its been one of the best Sailor Moon written and thought out stories I have read. I hope that this is just another long break between chapters and that you one day may pick this story up again.
Stellar Gal chapter 16 . 6/6/2012
This story is very intriguing. I adore your use of Homicide/Law & Order characters particularly Van Buren and Munch. This story is rich with detail which I can understand makes it particularly difficult to keep up with in terms of updating especially when real life is always changed and coming up with interruptions however if you ever decide to resume writing I can assure you that there are still those of us out here willing to read and review.
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 8 . 4/16/2012
Love to law & order/svu shout-out! Plus, those are probably a couple of the most interesting mysterious cronies I've seen yet!
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 2 . 4/14/2012
OMG! I totally sqeed when I noticed the Cold Comfort Farm reference! Something nasty in the woodshed. Sigh, I love that book/movie :)
Spirit-hime chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Please oh please

someday

can you conclude this fic.

I still recommend it to everyone I know. It's still one of the most influential fics I've ever read. You have no idea how desperately I want to know where you planned to take it from here. I don't care if it takes a decade, I will still read it.
a fan chapter 14 . 6/14/2011
Holy brilliance, Batman... I can't tell you how upset I am that there are no more chapters and have been no more chapters for a good two years. Since you haven't posted a final chapter detailing what you would have written if you hadn't got bored/tired/busy/any myriad number of reasons why authors scrap a story that is as amazing as this one I'm going to continue hoping you'll update at some point in the future with a great, new chapter that is nice and plotty.

I think my only complaint is that it spends too much time on Haruka and or Michiru, but then again they're my least favourite characters, so, that's pretty much my bias. I love how realistically teenager Hotaru is, and how much of a focus there is on Ami, who I've always had a soft spot for. And despite knowing jack squat about Homicide, it doesn't detract at all - in fact I think it adds to Jason's mystery. By the way, speaking of whom, I sincerely hope he'll ignore Taiyouko and date Makoto anyway. Jadeite/Jupiter is definitely a first for me and I love it to bits. (Comically, it also makes me realise how much of team bicycle that guy is - I've seen him paired now with every senshi except Uranus or Neptune. I wonder why we think of Jadeite as so easy to pair off) I especially love more than anything the lack of typical Senshi/Shitennou pairs; they get pretty stale after awhile and I find it difficult to believe in twu wuv soulmates for one couple who carry over to future lives, even with all the magic in SM, let alone for five couples. Not to mention the Zoisite-Kunzite issue, which I thought was here handled spectacularly.

Anyway long story short I love everything about this, and I really hope you'll continue, and not just so that I can read about Jadeite being Mamoru's best man and dating someone other than Mars, which is totally my theory about the prologue which may or may not be the case, but also because this is a brilliant story with a super fantastic plot and really well-written, intelligent characters. (Pretty please continue it?)
Chuni Luni chapter 16 . 5/18/2011
Dude why is Mother framing Darien?

Any ways please update when ya can!
Chuni Luni chapter 6 . 5/16/2011
So far this is really nice. Though I am a bit confused because I don't know Homicide. I'm gonna keep reading. Erm...after I get some sleep though since it's almost three in the morning.