Reviews for The Benefits of Omnipotence
HyperCatnip chapter 55 . 1/18/2015
This fanfic would be okay if it didn't treat time travel with such relaxed attitude.

Time travel is serious business.

First, it is very important to know a trigger for time travel, and get an ability to initiate it at will.
This will save traveler a lot of trouble. Multiple suicide ways may be a good idea.

Second, it is very important to find what causes savepoint to form, and make it so you can create savepoint when you want to (or DON'T create it if saving seems like a bad idea)

Third, most important. This form of time travel allows information to go back in time.
Any information.

Including harmful information, like mind control affecting you, or eldritch knowledge that makes everyone who has it go mad.
So, it is very important to be able to kill yourself when facing even slight possibility of mind control. Here multiple ways to commit suicide will be handy.

But let's not forget for other information. Knowledge that is power.
With time travel, it is trivial to:
* steal forbidden jutsus and learn them (and then die, erasing the event from time, but not your knowledge);
* Test said jutsus to see how well they suit you (and die again, erasing all evidence but your knowledge);
* Find out next day's lottery result and restart your day for serious profit;
* Steal all kinds of secret information and erase evidence;
Etc.

Time travel is hideously powerful thing. It is an Instant Global Victory Condition if handled correctly.
Once smart person gets hold of time travel, it is game over for all their opponents everywhere forever.
Reading this fanfic was very irritating.
It pains me to see the hero have what amounts to omnipotence and not use it.

However, if this is a story of Naruto slowly figuring the use of time travel as he goes, I apologise.
In that case, this fanfic may yet turn into an awesome epic.

Also, I did read it start to finish. Thanks for writing it, and I wish you
cdog1019 chapter 55 . 12/12/2014
Enjoyed the story, too bad it has been abandoned
Zarkko chapter 55 . 12/8/2014
I found it! Haha! I first read this story way back in '08. I loved it, but seeing as I didn't have a profile on here yet, I simply moved on and forgot about it. And then, just a few hours ago, I remembered it out of the blue and decided I really wanted to read it again. So I tracked it down and just finished it. And it is even better than I remember. Kudos to you. Now, considering it hasn't been updated in 5 years, I'm going to assume it's been abandoned. That sucks, but it's also your choice. Just know, that if you ever want to pick it up again, you have at least one fan who will be very glad to see it.

Cheers,
Zarkko
sing-to-the-moon chapter 55 . 11/28/2014
A fabulous story! I've really enjoyed reading it :)
Ignore the haters;they're full of crap.
All the best, stay fabulous!
CYLawless chapter 42 . 10/24/2014
ooh, nice naruto.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/23/2014
They're so out of character, it hurts to just look at it. I mean out of all the people to be devastated, it was Sakura? I actually thought Kakashi would do something since he wouldn't let his sensei's son die or at least retrieve the body. Haku and Zabuza not letting Naruto leave was also dumb as fuck. They shouldn't stay in a place too long and I'm pretty sure Zavuza wouldn't suggest a one-month tutorial with no contact and escape. That's no different from being a prisoner. A debt is not being paid here, it's the exact opposite. The divinity and whatever with kyuubi's just ridiculous as hell with all that 'oh I'm gonna be mysterious cuz I feel like it suck on that host'.
LoganAlexander chapter 8 . 10/22/2014
why in the fuck wouldn't they take a break and eat...fuck this...its stupid as fuck...luckily you never finished the story...
LoganAlexander chapter 7 . 10/22/2014
how in the hell did naruto become dumber, more childish and even more incompetent than the time before...shit I'm giving this story just a few more chapters and I really hope you'll improve the quality
LoganAlexander chapter 5 . 10/22/2014
...uh yeah the kyuubi chakra can heal holes in his chest...da fuck you say it can't heal him from poison.
LoganAlexander chapter 2 . 10/22/2014
that last part with the attack was unnecessary. If it was supposed to be funny, let me tell you that it didn't work. It was frankly disturbing. Especially seeing as the test was already over but you had kakashi attack anyway as if he was a jealous teen. I've seen you've mentioned lionheart as your inspiration. I hope that's just of the idea of time looping and nothing else because lionheart is a sociopath and his story is disturbing.
Slytherson chapter 55 . 9/16/2014
this is totally amazing so hooked can't wait to read more will be adding this to my faves and following tboo!
Gothic Rain chapter 55 . 8/19/2014
it's been 5 years since you continued...
o well bet you graduated from college and all that
or ya dead...
Either way I love you're story as many other have and will ;)
Gothic Rain chapter 51 . 8/19/2014
and he will come to life
Gothic Rain chapter 49 . 8/19/2014
strong for Naruto to do that, I was expecting him to go to jiraya but he's strong indeed
Gothic Rain chapter 35 . 8/19/2014
honestly I wouldn't want to return to such a dump of a village and instead stay with them to learn some fighting techniques and jutsus from them, but Naruto isn't me.
*Sigh*