Reviews for The Prince
Feethei chapter 13 . 7/16
Wow. A great story, I love the whole concept. Admittedly I've skimmed a few of the more... graphic parts, since those are not my thing. But I love the relationship of L and Light (I can't wait until L gains a bit more understanding of Lights character), I love the plotting Raito does (he's brilliant and you've done well in showing it) and I love Lights twisted morality and broken, yet outwardly arrogant, mind. He's so hopeless, poor thing - L needs to heal him, but it will be a long road.

I hope you continue this eventually, once you have time. Though if you have outgrown it I understand. Continue writing, though, your work is excellent!
It's been seven years
Awesome story, but I assume you have abandoned it.
maboroshi kaji1 chapter 13 . 7/10
Loved your story.
randym chapter 10 . 7/2
Favorite: ""Ryuuzaki, I have talked with the FBI and they refused to let you, I cite, 'traipse around in their system after Kira has already caused such a mess'." Watari told him."
Although 'already' was in that sentence twice. I found this bit quite amusing. [I've found most of it to be so, but this in particular.] Good job.
randym chapter 9 . 7/2
Absolutely LOVED the 'okay, who's turn is it to try to chase them out?' on the Kira forum.
Blazedoll chapter 13 . 5/24
Its a great fic, please update soon. There is such an ease with your writing, and everything has been explained with such beautiful detail. I was hooked to this story till the end. I really hope you continue it..
Miare C. Nuvela chapter 13 . 5/11
Tu me laisses sur ma faim ! Your story was so hypnotising that I read it in one go but when I saw the last update, I've become depressed... I would have want to know how L gonna deal with Raito T-T
Huh chapter 13 . 1/25
Will this be continued? I really like how this au was not a cookie-cutter version of the cannon storyline. While you did use some of the plot-points that the cannon has, you've written them in a way that does not feel forced. Please either let us know the current status of the fic. It is the worst form of torture to see a fic last-updated in '08 and not see if it has been abandoned, put on hiatus, or is still being continued.
Anonymouschica chapter 13 . 1/19
Finding out Watari's thoughts on the whole Kira thing was a novelty, and seeing L act so antisocial was not unexpected (though I also got a bit of a 'my significant other cheated on me, now I trust no one' vibe); I liked how L read too much into whatever Raito said, even as he completely missed the self hate. I also enjoyed their banter, and Teru's fanaticism as he spoke with his idol (even though the idea of having kids grow up with Kira as a bedtime story was disturbing). I liked how you're having Aiber see Raito in his element as a criminal, the way Ryuk affects animals, and I'd like to see how Raito reacts to the douchebag harassing the newbie.

Unfortunately, you haven't written anything in several years-I'm hoping it's grad school, or something along those lines, because I don't want to imagine anything bad happening to you, (otherwise, you're having one of the worst cases of writer's block I've ever seen, but still not the worst) and I hope you'll get back to this story someday when you have the time. Until then, good luck, and thank you for writing this!
Anonymouschica chapter 12 . 1/19
I liked seeing how everything paralleled canon while being blatantly AU; especially the way Raito managed to enthrall the entire auditorium after L decided to act like a grade-A jerk. I geeked out a little when I read Kanzo's and Teru's thoughts, and L's were the icing on a ice cream cake.
I would really, really like to see how you'd have Raito's and L's epic battle pan out- seeing the way this L got thrown off by Raito's relief after he revealed himself, and the way Raito's already sworn not to go against L but also make it a challenge, I think it'd be great. (I'm just picturing how passive-aggressive the Epic Battle would be, and the wrench the yakuza will throw in the works.)
Thank you very much for writing this!
Anonymouschica chapter 12 . 1/19
I am a sucker for bittersweet moments, as seen by how I liked Raito's father's perspective on things. (So heartbreaking, yet...) I liked how you kept the whole storyline AU even as it parallels everything I remember from canon- especially the way L's the antagonist this time around, acting like a jerk, whereas Raito's speech seems to have enthralled the entire auditorium (and I enjoyed the way Teru went all 'I have found the perfect guy to recruit for my God', as well as Mogi's and Kiyomi's thoughts); and I adored how you had L be the one who was unnerved by the whole exchange, what with how Raito reacted in a completely unexpected manner, among other things.
I really want to see this showdown between the two; on one hand, I really like this Raito, but on the other, I'd love to see the two geniuses do their thing, as L finds out more and more about Raito, and I'd love to see how Raito passive-aggresively fights back (because you've mentioned that Raito won't go against L, but he wouldn't make it easy for him, and I'd like to see how things turn out).
Thank you for writing this!
Anonymouschica chapter 11 . 1/19
I liked how you showed the way the forum got used to Kirin and Anti-Kira; I also liked seeing L's attempts to recruit Kirin, his train of thought as he figured everything out, and his meltdown due to that. I was cackling madly by the time I got to Misa's part- I'm having a blast picturing Raito's reaction to her in this universe- and I loved the way you had everything perfectly plausible and almost canon! (I also liked how, throughout this fic, you had L think Kira had delusions of godhood, especially when I remember how Kira was in canon.)

Thank you very much for writing this!
Anonymouschica chapter 10 . 1/19
This fic so far has been pure gold! Excellent characterizations, dialogue, pacing, tension, and foreshadowing [and knocking on the fourth wall; I snickered when I saw how you had L think this stuff came from an author's mind]. I loved how you had the bittersweet moments with the Yagami family, seeing the way Sayu turned out, and the way you had L consider Yagami Raito much less interesting than Kirin. Speaking of which, I have so far enjoyed how you played with the forum idea; in canon, I don't think they spotlighted the way the world saw the Kira situation nearly as much as you have, and I lovelovelove how you have Raito trolling everyone while airing his self hate and second thoughts, and his misanthropy even as he's getting closer to L.
Thanks for writing this!
Anonymouschica chapter 9 . 1/19
You did it again: make me wish I could take this, jump into a time machine, and present it to the author before they finished with the concept. I squeed a little when you had her recognize Raito, and when you had Kirin and Anti-Kira interact (I cackled when I saw how the forum started getting used to them), and the list goes on. Thanks for writing this!