Reviews for Shadows of Shadows
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Don't piss off the Battousai - his nasty side might come out! I read both stories as you suggested. They were great.
Sunnepho chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Ohohohoho! When it gets personal, Kenshin gets *attitude*!

XD I enjoyed this fic very much.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
O... chilling.
Hidari chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Smashingly good!
amamiya chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Ha, nice. Tight, well executed and an enjoyable read. I enjoyed 'In the Shadows' and this is a worthy sequel.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Awesome sequel. I couldn't tell where Omasu's story ended and yours began.

No one messes with Hitokiri Battousai!
tcl7189 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Wow...great addition. Really liked it!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Loved it, of course! How could I not?

Your use of historical detail, the way you fleshed out the character of Nori, the yakuza boss, and brought out Kenshin's strategic abilities were wonderfully done.

I'm so happy my story sparked such a cool sequel!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
This was one of the best stories I've read in a while. You do a wonderful job building on Omasuoniwanbashi's story. I find the way you characterize Kenshin in this transitional period when he is still fighting and killing but no longer a shadow assassin (or at least not a full time one) fascinating. Of course, besides, Kenshin, Katsura also fascinates, the political strategist who is never above using the 'tools" at his disposal. I loved his line, "...I can count on him to leave the kind of message that can’t possibly be misconstrued. While part of him shudders at this knowledge of himself, Himura can also be cunning and ruthless.” He sees Kenshin all too well and that always allows him to exploit him.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
There's so much to comment on. Love your portrayal of Kenshin - grieving but not crippled with angst, still capable of lethal cunning and ruthlessness - and the descriptions of his fights and kills. The kick-ass plot follows on almost seamlessly from "In the Shadows", and this whole piece is a wonderfully satisfying read.

Can I just take a moment, though, to squee over Kenshin's conversation with Katsura? "*He* doesn't determine where I go." That gave me a serious fangirl moment.

*adds to favourites*
Rheo chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
You did a wonderful job keeping everyone in character! I especially like the trusting and respectful interaction between Katsura and Kenshin.

‘This is getting old,’ he thought. ‘They may not be very bright, but they are certainly dedicated. It’s time to put an end to this.’

“You’re obviously not as protected as you think.”

These two lines make me smiled. They reminded me the even though Kenshin was quiet and mature, he still could act like a bratty teenager sometimes.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
a seamless sequel, it's almost as if the two stories were written by the same author. both amazing.

ginny
Faeroen chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
A most excellent read. Great detail, a little humor, a little blood. Thank you for plot and three dimensional characters.