Reviews for A Kitten for Leila
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 1 . 4/12
D'awwww, I haven't laughed and smiled like that for a long time!
thomasquwack chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
That cat is a ninja.

And yes, Matthew would make a great spy. He would be like James Bond! Oh wait! HE IS A SPY! HA!
iamthelorax chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
D'Aw. Once again, I love your charictarization of Matthew. All of this has now been downloaded into my personal AU headcanon. Congrats!
Plushietiger chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
NINJA KITTEN! Hilarious when Leila 'named' the cat and Matthew thought in his head that Ninja would work. Only thing i was confuzed about was: 'he realized that there was no way it could ever be a ninja. Ninja are silent. This thing is loud…sounds like a motorboat…maybe even an airplane.

It must be a samurai.' if he thought that then why was he going to name it Ninja? Well a nice happy story in difference to the sad ones there usually is for the MatthewLeila stories :3
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Aww, Matthew doesn't like cats does he. xD And the way "two pairs of pleading eyes" looked up at him, he never had a chance.

He's so sweet talking to that cat and getting past his dislike of them for her. Hehe, and his chagrin at seeing the dirty sink made me smile. xD Why does he think the cat will kill him?

"The happy screeching of 'Kitty' woke him up bright and early the next day." I could totally see Leila bouncing around on the bed with the cat and groggy, but cute Matthew. Hehe, and Death or Ninja for the kitty's name?

Cute story, Manna. Yay for happy Christmas fics!
Sara's Earliest Works chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
(this be Sara Jaye, too lazy to log into my main account)

This was so damn cute. The internets need more lighthearted Matthew/Leila, AU or no, and I'm a sucker for kitty!fic. The bath scene was priceless, too-Matthew is DAMN lucky he didn't get eaten alive!
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
This made me laugh so hard! I feel a little sorry for Mattew...But not really.
Saeble chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
That was an adorable story!
Schadenfraude chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
NINJA THE KITTY! Always nice to have a laugh :D
IceBlade28 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
E! Kitty! *squeals reside*. This fic was just too cute. I liked the way you could pull off an AU fic, and it was just too sweet how you handled this. Too cute! Kawaii!

. . . thanks. Now I have to go do something masculine to work out the squeals.
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
That was adorable! I’ve never read this couple before, but this was certainly fun and, as you know, I get a kick out of modern-day AU when it’s well done. I liked how Matthew thought he’d make a good spy; that was a nice little nod to the game and I got a kick out of that.

One question, though, does Matthew have a slight phobia of small mammals? Childhood trauma mayhap? ;)

Also, this line was just wonderful: “You don’t think “Death” would be a good name for our first son?” I loved that!

As a sidenote, there’s actually a canon kitten in FE8 in one of the non-pairing supports, a fact which I find both bemusing and ridiculously random.
Maybe I'm a Kinkajou chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Yay for fluffy MatthewxLeila! Heehee...I rather like it. Great writing, alternate universe but still managing to keep them in-character...Awesome!
themagebear chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
yay! uberfluff! the magebear approves of your analysis of matthews character, with your determination that he would be the perfect anti-cat person, but would do anything for leila. bravo.
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Aww. that was so fluffy. now i don't feel so bad for my fic.

but your fluff is good. i mean, it's AU and i can just imagine everything...

Leila's still alive. yay:):):)

thanks for the fic! one happy MattLeila's nice:)

p.s. never thought Matthew'd name the kitten after the Angel of DEATH...
Lao Who Mai chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Aww, kittens are so cute. Hope your personal 'Kitten for Christmas' experience was as wonderful as this fic. Seriously. Matthew's reasoning is hilarious. One of the lines that made me laugh like crazy: "I wonder if this cat is a ninja."

Then later, he deduces: "Ninja are silent. This thing is loud…sounds like a motorboat…maybe even an airplane. It must be a samurai."

BEST. REASONING. EVER.

Then there are some other lines that were fantastic, such as, "There is no escaping death," and "Why can’t you give this monster a good name? For me? Like Death, or Ninja…or anything but Chloe!" Awesomeness.

Ahh, this was pure comedic goodness. I salute you! I salute you

again for creating a Matthew and Leila fic that was actually happy. Do you know how rare those are? Thank you for writing and posting this! Bravo!