Reviews for Snowblind
nathy.faithy chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Nice fic! I really like it ;)
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
This was so sweet! Loved Max and Case interaction
annie200 chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Only got to read this now, which is a shame cos it would definitely have brightened my Christmas!
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Amazing...

Did I get it right that "Luke" and "John" claim to be brothers?

“Yea those,” his brows lowered and he leaned forward to rest his arms on his legs. “You know we could do that. Buy a suit and a dress. Throw a party.”

“We’re already married,” she reminded him.

“Tell everyone we’re renewing our vows,” he shook his head.

She wiggled hers on her knees. “Just paperwork that we already have.” He rolled forward till his legs were touching the bed, “It’s a promise to love each other forever.”

I LOVED this part so much. I adore the whole idea.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
(Sorry for the late review)

Such an interesting idea to have Max and Logan running with Charlie and Case as a substitute family, giving up their lives to be with someone of her family.

“Guess I just got used to not everything being a lie,”

Most stories assume that Max will be halfway happy when she has to leave Seattle as long as she has Logan with her, but I like your version better with Max being hit by her yearning for her friends and relative normalcy on Christmas. And great point that now they have a life where not only hers but also Logan’s identity is a fake.

“Love you forever?” he frowned, “Of course,” he nodded.

“Even when this gets old? When you’re broke? When you miss your family-”

He smirked at the un-likeliness of that.

“When you realize that you’re never going to walk again because of me-”

“The exo was just a machine, one that didn’t even work very well at that.”

“But you loved it.”

“Not as much as I love you.”

I just had to quote all of this (at least), perfect bittersweet-ness that makes me melt. (And another great confession of love sequence)

“You’re not going to push me away. You’re not going to convince me you don’t want me here. That you don’t love me. That you don’t want us to have what Charlie and Tinga had.”

“Tinga’s dead,” she bluntly replied and turned back around."

Just love Logan’s determination with Max’s refusal to be comforted, her stubbornness meeting his.

“There was a princess who lived in a castle with her brothers and sisters. An evil king kept them there, but one day they got out. Princess Tinga lost her family, but fell in love with a prince and they had their baby. The king found her and took her away again and she didn’t get to leave this time,” his lip trembled.

“But her baby got to be safe,” Max told him as she stroked his cheek.

So sad, almost makes me glare at you:-p
Griever chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Such a beautifully written story, so bittersweet, sad, cute all at the same time. I love Case, by the way... )

"My life is with you,” he said leaning forward and tugging on her hands.

“And I’m going to say it tomorrow and the day after that, next week, next year…”

ah, Logan at his best... So optimistic, and stubborn and hopeful )

And loved the rhyme at the end as well!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Oh, there is so very, very much in this! (Sure glad it outgrew snippet-length, too- more to enjoy!)

Like Blue, I have lots of favorite bits... but this story is brimming with, as BA said, bittersweet moments, and you express the sad, sweet connections so well! So many good moments & lines-

-Max burrowing into the comforter for its comfort & protection, though incredibly inappropriate in the heat- as if she's willing herself to be back in Seattle by sheer thought and a prop needed for the cold!

-All her memories, but especially the connected moment with Bling, as always about Logan:

"Then his voice had come across low when she repeated her offer, he looked at her with tender eyes...

"He silenced her with a look, ‘Who do you think he’ll accept help from?’

"Awareness dawned within her, ‘Neither,’ she answered truthfully.

"‘Who has a shot in hell?’ he asked with lips twitching up in a smile.

"She nodded, ‘You know how to reach me.’ " (what a wonderful scene!)

-"She tried to ignore how within a few short months one man had become her whole world. One man had filled the void left by a missing family. One man had given her a purpose aside from surviving. A reason for being that filled her instead of leaving her drained as her hunt for her family did." (beautiful)

-This whole paragraph, but especially: "That first year she had wanted to turn back time to save him from the line of fire... That her main wish that year had been to give Logan back what a bullet had taken away. She hadn’t let herself think about the others in the car. That maybe Logan would have been able to save Theo somehow, if only she’d asked. All of the other lives she could have saved if only she were a second faster or someone else a second slower."

-All of Max's regrets, her taking on so much responsibility for so many things not her fault, merely because she believed that if she had just done things differently, she could have prevented things or saved so many from the consequences. Poor Max...

-Her list of wants and memories is so moving, but this one, especially, was sweetly funny & and made me smile: "Wanted to hear Herbal preach the word, though what that word was, she wasn’t always sure."

-"1:19..1:20. Kept going forward." Ah, there are those times you watch time trickling out of your grip, and there's nothing that can be done... you have captured that through this story, with Max, so well.

- oh, and the scene with Logan gently resisting all of Max's efforts to hold him off, to convince him that being on the lam with her isn't what he really wanted... the calm, quiet, head- strong responses, every time, are wonderful. And you bring it all to such a nice conclusion: "“which is exactly why I’m in Panama City having an 80 degree Christmas. Why my name is suddenly Lucas Todd. Why I don’t talk to friends, contacts, informants. Why I took a job teaching American History to a bunch of kids who can’t even begin to understand the country we lost.”

"She shut the drawer, but didn’t turn back to him.

“I am not leaving. You are not leaving. And I will die before I ever let anyone take you from me. So just give it up now because if you haven’t noticed, I can be a little stubborn.” (Perfect illustration of why we love Logan!)

-"She opened an eye and sure enough there was that dear sweet compassionate man of hers hiding." Count me in, I love this line too!

And, no lie (;}) I love this story. Excellent addition to both your stories and to the Challenge collection. Thanks so much for sharing!
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
THANK YOU so much, Mia! It's absolutely perfect. I just love Case, and the idea is great that somehow Max has everything she ever wanted (Logan, her freedom, a family with Charly and Case) and is still sad and misses her friends and feels so guilty. I like that Logan tells her, that she won't be able to push him away. Case's story for Tinga was so sad (and cute) ... sigh. And yeah, I'm incredibly glad I asked for a happy ending. ;-)

Favorite parts (hard to decide, there are many, many parts I like a lot):

-...Maybe that in itself was pathetic. That her main wish that year had been to give Logan back what a bullet had taken away. She hadn’t let herself think about the others in the car. That maybe Logan would have been able to save Theo somehow, if only she’d asked. All of the other lives she could have saved if only she were a second faster or someone else a second slower. ...

(Ah, so outstanding beautiful. Just love it ... you know - LOVE IT ... !)

-...She wanted to go home.

She curled tighter into that ball and clutched the blankets a little harder, ignoring the slight trickle of sweat on her brow.

She wanted to see Bling smirk at her for something positively girly and therefore Logan related. ...

(The whole part with Max thinking about Seattle is great, and I like that you start it with a simple, bold "She wanted to go home". It's so sad.)

-...“Max-”

She quickly sat up and turned for that. “It’s over Logan. I get that. Our lives. Max and Logan, they’re done. Never see our families. Our friends. The snow. There won’t even be the unlikely chance of a White Christmas. It’s all over, it’s all done.”

He shook his head gently as his eyes closed, the pale green orbs emerged slowly and connected with hers, “Maybe one day Max…”

“No Logan,” she shook her head, “one day is never going to happen, no phone calls, no postcards…I get that. It just kinda sucks to have to get that on Christmas.” ...

(Honestly, this almost made me cry. So sad - for both of them. And so perfectly M/L.)

-...“Love you forever?” he frowned, “Of course,” he nodded.

“Even when this gets old? When you’re broke? When you miss your family-”

He smirked at the un-likeliness of that.

“When you realize that you’re never going to walk again because of me-”

“The exo was just a machine, one that didn’t even work very well at that.”

“But you loved it.”

“Not as much as I love you.” ...

(OMG - love it so much. Love that it is Max who feels guilty because Logan lost so much because of her, and love that Logan tells her how much he loves her, and that this is all that matters. So, so, so beautiful!)

-...She opened an eye and sure enough there was that dear sweet compassionate man of hers hiding.

She grumbled and rolled to her nephew.

“Please Aunt Kenz,” his lower lip trembled and he looked at her with large soulful hazel eyes.

She whimpered.

“Aunt Kenz,” he whined and climbed into bed with her.

Nose to nose, his arms went around her neck. ...

(Such a wonderful picture. I always adored Max with kids and seeing her with Case is great.)

Your rhyme at the end was beautiful and fit perfectly to the idea of Case telling his mom a story.

You made my kick ass Christmas even more wonderful. THANKS again - AND MERRY CHRISTMAS, Mia!
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
bittersweet... love case tho! he's just too cute!

hm.. which reminds me... bday came and went and still no sign of E&O :-(

mia!