Reviews for The Buck Stops Here
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Christ, we're getting bigheaded lately. Anyone in the company that does NOT think everything runs thank to him/her? That said, dunno if Joss runs on the same thinking, but she's the one I noticed everyone was in good terms with, almost as if she was the center and core of it all. Which is ironic considering she's the newest one there.

So we shall retro-actively rename this one "How Locke & Load Works" (...fuck me, just now I realize the pun there), because it works, right? (And there I accidentally make a rhyme).

Well, not very interesting for me, but it was rather fun in some aspects.

Yours, "At Work" Alexander/Alexlayer

Later!
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I see somebody has been sitting in on staff meetings I've been party to.

Actually, as executive meetings goes, this has a lot of potential that more companies might be wise to adopt. The hard part is coordinating everyone's cooking/eating abilities/requirements. Brews might seem a bit unprofessional, but in a more "family" atmosphere, it might ease things up.

I see none of these people are going to be happy until Joss gets back. Question. What is her point of view? You have intentionally left that out.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Now that was an unique story line. I really enjoyed it.

Wispr
The Humbug chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
This story was of interest to me for two reasons... the primary one being thatit was good. The second was because it gave me a chance to peek into the 2nd string characters that KiY has really worked to develope into 3 dimensional people. Great job at that! Thoroughly entertaining!

Suggestion: a story in which Drakken (a very sympathetic character in KiY's BE universe) either goes off his meds by accident OR requires a new dosage and in the meantime suffers a lapse, but retains his abilities enough to know that he wants help from KP & S for his own sake.
Desslock3 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Not a bad little fic, gives you a real taste of the inner workings and politics of L&L LTD. Although for my vote it sounds like Joss is the one that the place really can't survive with out. You certainlly gave us some nice little appitizers of possible back stories, like whats up with Jim and Zita? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
shinneodeus chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Some crazy family dynamic in that I ma guessing that Chuck is a canon character in the show. The really big henchman that is somewhat of a regular in most Drakken to give you props for quite the good job on juggling some many characters. Practically everyone who was a regular in the show has been shown in some way in your B.E, universe at some point.

Read you later!
A Markov chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
First consider yourself slapped. (Locke, indeed!) Second it really sounds like Joss is the one holding everything together, shame we never heard from her.

I enjoyed this little peek into the inner workings of L&L and I'm hoping for more.

Alex
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Marvelous one-shot. Excellent job showing each character's thoughts and the interaction between them. Especially good scenes with Zita; it seems everyone at that table is in love with her.

And, of course, it's obvious the person the firm can't live without is Joss Possible.

Keep the good writing and Happy Holidays.
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Very funny. Yep, the family background does come through on you; you're so good at getting into character's minds.

Loved the movie reference, and as for cat herding, I still shudder at memories of the great cap stampeded of '83. When they overturned the chuck wagon...
DeMatt chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Yay, first review of a KiY story!

This one gave me a chuckle - more of a "brighten your day"-type humour than outright comedy.

One sentence twigged my grammar sense: " - if they didn't kill each other Wade remained cautiously hopeful for a major breakthrough." On first read-through I thought there should be a period in front of "Wade". I get the feeling that you're attempting too complicated a sentence, so as to avoid punctuation marks - I feel a few other sentences were so affected, but this is the only one I find a problem.

I spotted one typo: "an envelope from Wade one her desk".

I also wonder why Roger Hitchcock got an "I'm essential" paragraph, when he isn't a member of L&L and wasn't at the meeting. 'Course, that's more a matter of opinion - there's no denying it fits the theme of the story.

I also think this is the first time you've mentioned "Junior". Will we be finding out more about this character in another tale? Pretty please, with sugar on top?