Reviews for In the Family Way
Choco chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Even though I love how Soren and Elincia, here, I can't help but baw for Geoffrey. :[
DarkenedSakura chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Oh. Oh wow. I just, yes. You took this idea and ran with it well. There's just something about this whole fic, this slide into something sad and dark that can only be seen underneath the surface, and...I'm impressed. Bitter but so good. Great job.
R Amythest chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Oh, so it was *you*! I was thinking to myself that I wanted to stalk the author down and read everything else she/he wrote, but I typically read your stuff anyway, so that point is moot now.

This is still exactly the way I wanted to see the dynamic written. And I suppose that if you're going to come out and say, "I wrote this strange, strange pairing" it's only fair to come out and say, "I have a disproportionate love for pairings full of weird angst." And now my camp is going to kill me. Again.

That said, I think it's plausible if we have the premise, which is a pretty OOC premise as it involves Ike going about and setting it up. But with that little suspension of disbelief, we get something quite lovely.

I like the stoic, uncaring style. I like the things understood between them. I like the way they feel obligated to stay together. I didn't expect much from my request when I posted it, but I was delightfully surprised.

*favs*
Kusabi Makabe chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Well, it is definitely a strange pairing, but the way you write it makes sense - not as two people in love with each other, but two people in love with a third. You show it well - the way they wound up together, the way they decided that marriage was just what needed to happen though neither really wanted it, even the reaction of poor Geoffrey.

All in all, it's pretty good! Grammar and general flowiness give you bonus points too. Finally, the fact that you pulled off a really weird pairing (especially in such an realistic way) makes this story pretty amazing. _