Reviews for The Stages of Drowning Thyself
Kura-sama chapter 10 . 11/30/2011
OMG I need more! This is the best story I've read in a long time. I really hope that you will update sometimes! I love love love this story!
princess-oro chapter 10 . 8/8/2011
I do hope there's gna be an epilogue? Right? RIGHT? Haha dramatics aside, I truly enjoy this story. I love how you built up the moment and it's just really really good! I do hope you finish off this amazing story. :)
frozen kitsune chapter 10 . 8/5/2011
ummmm any chance that you'll continue this?
SmartyPants713 chapter 10 . 7/24/2011
I read this chapter while listening to Pixie Lott's "Broken Arrow." It seemed to fit almost perfectly. This story, much as I was disappointed with the ending, is now one of my favorites of all fanfiction. Well done.
breaker99 chapter 10 . 5/17/2011
oh i really loved your story from first to tenth chapter and i hope that you will update the next chapter once you have some inspiration and time. i loved the different idea of both kaoru and enishi being together, its definitely a twist.

the thing that gets me is that i don't understand why enishi turned around and left once he was at the dojo and heard how kaoru rejected Himura. I mean the guy got his revenge in a weird twisted way so why didn't he get his 'goodbye' from her once he had the chance?

i hope that enishi goes after kaoru once he gets his thoughts together, because now she loves him and it would be said if they didn't get some sort of happy anyways i wanted to say that i love your story and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
iKiohri chapter 10 . 11/22/2010
Omg. How could you leave it at that?

This is an incredible Enishi/Kaoru story.

Emotions, plot, and characterizations are all well done.

I must applaud you for this masterpiece.

Well done.

Well, I do hope that you don't just leave us hanging as to what could've happened at the end.

Some EniKao reconciliation would be nice :3

And maybe more fluff?

Lol. Please finish the story, if you ever find the time.

We'll wait for your update.
donhisiewen chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Please, please update. This is a beautiful story.
pinaydilag chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Hi! I read this before and only realized now that I didn't seem to leave any reviews/comments. My bad. I sincerely apologize.

I think the plot has its merits, in fact, I think it has a good plot following the original manga. I was taken aback with the depressed Kaoru and though I believe I couldn't (and wouldn't) really understand how she had come to that state, you were able to present it in a manner that would give justice to her. I'm just sorry for all the characters in your story. They are tangled in a mess of sorrow and bitterness.

I believe that the succeeding chapters would offer more promising situation for all of the characters. I can't wait to actually read what's instore. I hope sometime soon you'll be able to share your writing with us readers again.

Thank you for sharing this story. It was a good read and the story flows well. I also like your writing style.

Pinay
Frida the Saintly chapter 10 . 6/4/2010
This story is fantastic, definitely on my top 3 fav AU fics. The characterization and interaction of Kaoru and Enishi are well-developed and spot-on. It displays itself very clearly in the dialogue and in the scenes of intimacy (which are insanely hot, BTW).

I loved the description of all their interaction, such as the example below:

"Kaoru wondered at their rapport. There were moments when she felt completely at ease and then there were times when she wanted to hit him with her plate. The awkward moments were aplenty and she was kept constantly on her toes, only to be coaxed into a comfortable conversation that would turn slightly hostile once in awhile. Which was why she was quite confused; she wasn't able to fully assess whether he was safe or dangerous territory."

Again, this fic is fantastic and brings out the best in an E&K relationship, healthy or not!

[WARNING: SPOILER BELOW]

The only thing I would change in this fic is that the plot twist of Enishi's betrayal is just not believable for me, done too quickly, that it almost ruins the ending for me. I think Kaoru's reaction and the conclusion is dealt beautifully, but the actual method of betrayal itself was too extreme! I could understand the motivation of him wanting to get rid of her because he's scared of getting her close, but he could have done it in a billion other ways that wasn't selling her body off to the highest bidder! Enishi is more creative than that, I think.

Other than that one critique of mine, this is a fantastic fic and I've added it to my favourites. You should be proud of this work!
The-Devil-Butterfly chapter 10 . 3/22/2010
so...will we ever see the conclusion of this? I know Enishi isn't going to give up on her just like that? O_O

oh well, it is a very great story, dark, ansgt, dramatic, tense. Really well written

oh this Enishi/Kaoru fics are so rare!

But it's nice to find even though rare that they are so well written with talented writers of fans of the couple.

:3 good luck in whatever you're doing now.
Pinay chapter 10 . 3/17/2010
This story has put on edga all-throughout... that was intense! I hope you would continue this. I believe there's only a couple or more chapters left for the conclusion. That Kaoru would push away Kenshin is something remarkable in your story. It seemed to be not possible in the RK universe but you made it 'real' in this world. Congratulations! I commend that part very much. Thank you for sharing this story.
The Only Love For Soujiro Seta chapter 10 . 12/11/2009
Very interesting, I like the story, please keep writing!
FallenAngelItachi chapter 10 . 9/2/2009
OK, I read the next chapter...

Please don't let it end like this...Pretty please?
FallenAngelItachi chapter 9 . 9/1/2009
I have no words to describe the magnificence that is your work! It's 2:30 a.m. right now and I've been reading your story non-stop! The only reason I am stopping is because I seriously need to go to sleep...This i s brilliant! Tell you the truth the only thing that kinda tires me is the fact they kiss all the time...but not in this chapter, I understand his anguish. I also love the fact you don't say why Kenshin left her, but only hint it *wink*. Bringing up Kenshin, I don't think this will sit all too well with him; he shouldn't have left her though on the first place. And I like that he is the serious in-character ex-husband and not some plain stalker.

Well, as I see you haven't updated in quite a while and I'm too bored to check if this story is completed or not I just hope the 10th chap is the last...even though I seriously doubt it.

Anyway, to strike your ego a bit more I have to inform you that I don't like fanfis that are placed on a different setting than the original anime/manga, that being time, place whatever. Yet this is in my favorites. I rest my case.
mo chapter 10 . 8/15/2009

enishi shouldve gone into the dojo

win her back, you jerk!

LOL

i love your story btw!

so please keep writing :D thanks!